• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
iBa7yjyJkPcIy.gif
lol

I wonder how stockholders or Directors of the Board feel about HHH running the WWE without a college education? That's gotta be a much bigger hindrance to him than the Stephanie stuff.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The best part is he storms to ringside to grab the flag, returns to the ring and waves it defiantly. It's clear that Rusev has the improv ability needed to get the ball, and I'm sure Vince took notice tonight.
Hot damn. Are they still going forward with Cena / Rusev?

I wonder how stockholders or Directors of the Board feel about HHH running the WWE without a college education? That's gotta be a much bigger hindrance to him than the Stephanie stuff.

The same stockholders that believe WWE's stair stats will have no problem accepting a Greenwich Blueblood into the board room.

so it was arean-wide? the crowd noise fluctuated throughout the show so I wasn't sure

interesting

It sounded like an audible boo to me. They also seemed pretty pro Roman. But at times, anti Roman as well. Who knows.

All in all, it was a fun time. No dark match. Bryan ended the show with Yes chants on the ramp.

Yeah it sounded split. Like 50% for Reigns, 50% for Bryan.
I have to wonder if it has to do with Bryan saying he was going to beat the guy that helped him get the opportunity? It's a weird dynamic either way, and I don't think the WWE can remotely pull off the kind of perfect booking necessary to get the WM crowd to cheer him over Lesnar, but I'm guessing that it at least kills any chance of Bryan actually winning at Fast Lane.

Man, I can't stop laughing at this. I never understood the appeal of Sting. What are some of his best matches?

You would probably have to go back to 94 or 95 to find a good match. Flair carried him to a few back then. Sting has always been a slightly better than average worker who was carried by his character.

I have to wonder if it has to do with Bryan saying he was going to beat the guy that helped him get the opportunity? It's a weird dynamic either way, and I don't think the WWE can remotely pull off the kind of perfect booking necessary to get the WM crowd to cheer him over Lesnar, but I'm guessing that it at least kills any chance of Bryan actually winning at Fast Lane.

There was no reason for Bryan to say that than to legit get heat.

They probably want the crowd split, it helps sour on Bryan, and helps Reigns look good. They are doing a pretty good job of it in my opinion, because Reigns came off pretty well telling Bryan his place in the locker room, and Bryan looking like a chump weasel trying to insert himself into the match, again.

Also, Rusev's pride in the U.S Title is so awesome. If Cena isn't going for the title, then he's really continuing to be the biggest jerk.

Toki767

There was no reason for Bryan to say that than to legit get heat.

They probably want the crowd split, it helps sour on Bryan, and helps Reigns look good. They are doing a pretty good job of it in my opinion, because Reigns came off pretty well telling Bryan his place in the locker room, and Bryan looking like a chump weasel trying to insert himself into the match, again.

Also, Rusev's pride in the U.S Title is so awesome. If Cena isn't going for the title, then he's really continuing to be the biggest jerk.

If anything they'll try to turn Bryan heel before they try to turn Reigns heel.

And Cena/Rusev is a US title match, so that probably guarantees Rusev winning the match at Fast Lane.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
You would probably have to go back to 94 or 95 to find a good match. Flair carried him to a few back then. Sting has always been a slightly better than average worker who was carried by his character.

Sting/DDP back in '99 I believe on Nitro for the WCW title was the last time I remember being impressed with a Sting match. Crowd was really hot which helped.

I'd actually embrace a Bryan heel turn. Then his match with Ziggler at Mania will make more sense story-wise and then you have a clear program after mania with Reigns and Bryan. Turning Bryan heels does two things.

1.) Makes Reigns the de facto #2 babyface

2.) If Lesnar leaves, you have two top heels, Bryan and Rollins. Both of whom could have great matches with Reigns to help get him more over with the fans who haven't embraced him yet.

With that being said, they probably won't do it.

If anything they'll try to turn Bryan heel before they try to turn Reigns heel.

And Cena/Rusev is a US title match, so that probably guarantees Rusev winning the match at Fast Lane.

Yeah, I definitely see Bryan turning first. I think it's fairly obvious going by the way he keeps saying "I am doing this for you, I will beat Reigns for you"

Some fans don't want that, and it's antagonistic for a face like Bryan.

It's an easy, but lame set up to have him turn if that is what they want to do to his undying fanbase. The diehards will always cheer, but they can give him mixed reactions to water his perception down to Reigns/Cena level.

And awesome for Rusev...but he wont win cleanly, and will probably lose clean at Mania.

Top Bottom