• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Taker's appeal was the total package: look, manager, promos. I don't get how people still get so pumped for him now. I feel this way about a lot of the big men because we've seen them all beaten up and defeated so many times but yet you still here "OH HERE COMES BIG SHOW OOOO".

Bam Bam was an underrated big man

But he's a terrible promo

Bert409

There's been many great big men, but there's only one MASTODON.

Vader.jpg

Big men aren't protected enough these days. They want to rush and get the "babyface overcoming the monster" moment, and then piss that away too.

Except for one.

mil-muertes-throne.jpg

Zach

Bam Bam was an underrated big man

Dude could move. But he was lacking in a lot of areas. The grey bodysuit he was wearing during the last ECW show I watched was just terrible, for example.

Big Show is shit now, but during his WCW days, dude was legit.

Eeehhh... Considering his limited training and size, I feel like he did a great job with what he was given early on. A lot of his WCW run, really. But one's patience has its limits. He was mostly a bore then and he's an atrocious bore now.

As the resident spreadsheet-making weirdo around here, I should do a Bret Hart Scale (isn't that the one that rates Look/Promo/Wrassle Abilities?) spreadsheet. >_>

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was Andre a good wrestling?. Most of the macthes I seen with him in was was garbage.

He was always a little sloppy, but what mattered for a pro wrestler was his presence and how he used his size to help establish just what a monster he was. And he was best in class at that. Especially when he'd do handicap matches in the early 80s and late 70s.

People came from out of town just to see Andre in their local territory.
And he's had some (arguably more) really great matches too so I don't see your point.

Pretty much all his really great matches were with world class athletes (Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, and Shawn Michaels)

Booger red.

God these context-less singular answers piss me off.

What about Booger red? Are you saying the character was bad? The matches? The promos?

Pretty much all his really great matches were with world class athletes (Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, and Shawn Michaels)

It takes two to tango, and in Undertaker's case he's great at playing off his opponent.

I could probably count the great good matches he's had on one hand through April '98. But that's just me.

Wow he's had some good matches in one month in '98? I don't know about you but I think that's impressive.

Recall

Albert is a wonderfully talented big man who shone brightly in New Japan yet did nothing of note in the 'E.

Crazy how 20 minutes of you and your talent vs 3 minute generic bullshit matches can do to a guy.

Giant Bernard I salute you.

Top Bottom