• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Yup. Spears are supposed to be a form of tackling, something which a lot of people just don't know how to do right.

Goldberg is the only one I can think of who did it well and that's probably because he was a former football player. Edit: Bluekaveli reminded Rhyno had a good one too

Roman and Charolette need to just stop

Goldberg is the only one I can think of who did it well and that's probably because he was a former football player. Edit: Bluekaveli reminded Rhyno had a good one too

Roman and Charolette need to just stop
The best thing about Ryno's Gore was Heyman's reaction.

Whats the worst spinebuster?

Did Khali ever try to do one?
I like how you automatically imply if Khali did it, it had to be the worst 😂😂

RBH

Arn's spinebuster loses points for the indy spin. You don't need flippy dippies or spinzos to make a move have impact.

F6G9GkY.gif

Cagey

Banned
Yes.

Roman did some good ones early on, but recently they've been spotty.

After seeing Goldberg's spear change in WWE, the abortion of a spear Edge used, what Charlotte does, and what Roman's spear has devolved into...

My guess is that the WWE wants it done this way because there's a more obvious visual impact from someone jumping diving ahead instead of the lift, wrap, and scoop that's part of a textbook form tackle.

Turning yourself into a projectile diving across the ring must play better in the arena or on TV for most people compared to a linebacker coming around the edge and blowing up a tailback.

Which is a damn shame because the Goldberg style is the best.

Whatever that hideous abomination The Rock claims is a spinebuster is the worst
Once they let the Rock own the microphone, his finish on moves got sloppy. But they were funny and cool because they sold how tired he was. Who in the fuck can wrestle and get their ass kicked for a long time and pull off perfect moves realistically?

Like how float over ddt used to be grand, then in 99' it went away.

As big of a Rock mark that I am, he had a really poor Spinebuster. But it was also clear that it was a setup move for him and not something that he would go for pins with.

Zach

Wow he's had some good matches in one month in '98? I don't know about you but I think that's impressive.

Are you being cute, Sibersk Esto? Because I'm saying from his debut as The Undertaker in '90 or whatever through April of 1998.

Just to make sure we're on the same page. Because it's important. That we see eye-to-eye.

Brother.

The Vice Grip was strangely believable.
Oh God what have I said...

Maybe at first, when he was digging the fingers in and Rey Mysterio was spitting up a blood squib but then he got way too soft with it.

Are you being cute, Sibersk Esto? Because I'm saying from his debut as The Undertaker in '90 or whatever through April of 1998.

Just to make sure we're on the same page. Because it's important. That we see eye-to-eye.

Brother.

Thanks for clearing that up. You would know better than me I suppose.

Friend

Best big men conversation... No mention of Mike Awesome. Amazing

That match at One Night Stand was nuts.

I have never seen so many nasty table spots crammed into a 10 minute match. They sell each spot for a few seconds then by the time the replay is over they are setting up the next one like nothing happened.

Zach

I've seen a few Mike Awesome matches. He's a lot of fun to watch wrassle. I'm guessing he's not much of a talker, though.

Oersted

I sorta hope they will give Dean the push and if it is just shortly.

Brock will be busy burying every Wyatt except Braun, so Roman and Ambrose will be left. And well, they wanna tell a underdog story, so...

I know, ain't gonna happen.

Top Bottom