• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

I feel like Sasha and Big E bring an attitude and execution to their angle no one else does or comes close too. There's just something different about how they go about handling themselves. The rest of the New Day too. It's just more, real(?) I guess. It doesn't feel like someone trying SO hard to deliver on their particular angle. For example I much preferred Del Rio with his aristocrat angle than whateverthefuck he has going on now.

If there was ever an example of why WWE should farm out talent its Cody Rhodes.

Hes young, he's been there forever, and he still hasn't found his path.

Right now he only has a job because of his father and the Vince likes how short his wife is.
When you say farm, you mean clone, right? I agree, we need more Cody.

Verendus

Banned
28178bb3a1d219d6ed8dcdf24196422fdd99ef88_hq.gif
Sorry friend, but that's a Vader botch.

Big Daddy Dave still has the bestest spinebusters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxTGG4TqWjg

Teddy Long on the Titus situation

Him talking about not talking and playing around with Vince on the plane reminded me alot of the old guys I know who delt with a lot of racism growing up and so learned to always keep their heads down.
Teddy spitting that knowledge. Hearing him say shit is kinda funny though but he brings up very good points.

You don't fuck around when the cameras are on here, in the newsroom, we shoot the shit a lot but when it's time for business,that's all it is.

And I'm bite, my boss is black, I'm black, if we're in a circle meeting, I'm not touching him or pulling him. Hell, I just barely talk to the guy, it doesn't matter who the person is imo, you don't grab them the way Titus did.

Hex

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxTGG4TqWjg

Teddy Long on the Titus situation

Him talking about not talking and playing around with Vince on the plane reminded me alot of the old guys I know who delt with a lot of racism growing up and so learned to always keep their heads down.

Again, you do realize that white wrestlers have been in trouble and a white wrestler got fired for something not so different.
Not saying the WWE does not have race issues, but not everything is because of race.
My job, we fuck around all of the time but when the director is out of their office and on the floor we are down in our cube on code red.
After work, the directors are fun and get into the fun but work hours is a whole different thing.

Again, you do realize that white wrestlers have been in trouble and a white wrestler got fired for something not so different.
Not saying the WWE does not have race issues, but not everything is because of race.

what the hell are you talking about? I agree with Teddy that this Titus stuff isn't because of race.

and people keep bringing up London smiling, he was not fired. He was buried and put in the doghouse, then he kept having issues with management and ended up fired later down the line. Even right before before the whole smile thing he was nearly fired for leaking stuff about Ashley, the smile was just another notch that led to his release, not the whole reason.

That's a little more disappointing than I thought.

I was imagining Angle vs. Ken Shamrock and Sonnen vs. Roy Jones MMA fights. This is why imagination can be a bad thing.

Keep in mind Shamrock is in Bellator having a fight in days, and the last time they were both in the same place (Bellator) Angle teased a fight. The Angle/Shamrock part is probably happening, it's just a matter of time

Roy's fighting a fan specifically because he only ever gets his ass kicked against name people nowadays, no wonder he's ducking Chael

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA literally had every opportunity to be NXT.

It was the original indie with a budget that raided ROH for talent and filmed out of Florida.

shaowebb

TNA literally had every opportunity to be NXT.

It was the original indie with a budget that raided ROH for talent and filmed out of Florida.

^This. I remember the days of them being on fire with AJ Styles, Jerry Lynn, Christopher Daniels, Alex Shelley, Sabin just starting, The SAT and Amazing Red, Low Ki, and various foreign dudes popping up to pop the crowd from japan, europe, and mexico. They were everything you wanted and mainly all in that one division.

They blew it all, became WCW lite and never recovered eventually becoming a retirement home for anyone the WWE would cut and for any idea shat out on the toilet by creative. They blew their talent and chances for the chance to lean on the names of other federations and decades gone by. It was a stupid move and I wont be upset when they collapse eventually for having did it.

Zach

Haha, Dusty Rhodes straight up quoting "Shelter from the Storm" by Bob Dylan on this Nitro I'm watching. Weird.

All this talk of concussions and whatnot had me reading a bunch about the Benoit stuff and listening to a bunch of interviews of wrestlers talking about it the years after.... A tragedy. Dude clearly seemed like he had mental issues for years prior.

Anyway here is the GAF thread about it from 07. Well before my time on here but sure enough some regulars where around then.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166451

The news of murder / suside breaks around page 7/8. I forgot about the early reports of it being because of a gas leak.

And a thread for the press conference that followed after the truth was learned.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166687

Interesting time capsules.

Did the murder stuff break during the tribute RAW? Thats makes that entire thing extra awkward.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just rewatched Sasha vs Bayley 1, what a wrestling match, damn

UberTag

Did the murder stuff break during the tribute RAW? Thats makes that entire thing extra awkward.
It wasn't too long afterward. There was certainly discussion while the tribute RAW was underway due to the suspicious nature of the deaths. I will always remember Regal's comments during that episode. Dude knew something was up.

Top Bottom