• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Guzim

:)
002_20160211_vdaycards_1920x1080_sasha-426617237.jpg

Haha, Brock's face.
009_20160211_vdaycards_1920x1080_brock-68964295.jpg

New Beginning in Niigata results:

Okada once again made the offer to Goto to join CHAOS, and also hinted another member has come on board.

- Just four days after winning them, Bullet Club lost the NEVER six-man titles back to Yano and the Briscoes

KUSHIDA retained the Jr. title against BUSHI in a fun match.

GBH retained the tag titles against Anderson and Gallows. Afterwards Tama Tonga came out and challenged them to a title match with a new member of the Bullet Club as his partner. The rumor is his brother Tevita (Micah in TNA, Camacho in WWE). Oddly enough Gallows and Anderson didn't bow to the crowd before leaving, maybe they aren't quite done with NJPW?

The era of Omega has begun. Thanks to help from Bullet Club, Omega knocked off the mighty Tanahashi to become the new Intercontinental champion.

Raw64life

Stephen Amell in another match against a guy who has been losing to the likes of R-Truth, Darren Young and Zack Ryder just in the last month. Yay.

Is the thing with Taker at the end of Wrestlemania XXVII (2011) kayfabe or did he actually have trouble?

They gave him a crazy 10 year contract that they can't get out of.

Big Show probably wouldn't be around if he was on a year to year deal.

I was looking on Wikipedia but only saw mention to his first contract which ran out for 2009 it seems.

Because it makes Show look weak, he should be a gatekeeper, those that get booked to beat him can be built up as legit title challengers and main event players.

But they don't do this. Show gets beat often.

Finally read through the Benoit thread. It was really interesting to see people jump all over people who were guessing maybe it was fishy and maybe head trauma related. Lots of "could you f'n not" and "gtfo" out type responses and then slowly the details come out.
It was very weird to relive that shock but I like that the threads exist as time capsules.

New Beginning in Niigata results:

- Just four days after winning them, Bullet Club lost the NEVER six-man titles back to Yano and the Briscoes

GBH retained the tag titles against Anderson and Gallows. Afterwards Tama Tonga came out and challenged them to a title match with a new member of the Bullet Club as his partner. The rumor is his brother Tevita (Micah in TNA, Camacho in WWE). Oddly enough Gallows and Anderson didn't bow to the crowd before leaving, maybe they aren't quite done with NJPW?
1. a match so good the first time, they decided to run it two more times...
2. surprised they didn't bring that guy in sooner (as soon as he was cut from WWE)

They did end up doing that. I think it might not have been filmed. There are pictures of Twitter though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Stephen Amell in another match against a guy who has been losing to the likes of R-Truth, Darren Young and Zack Ryder just in the last month. Yay.

I think we got what we needed with the SummerSlam match and I have no idea why they're still trying to do anything else with it. It's not actually funny or interesting.

UberTag

I think we got what we needed with the SummerSlam match and I have no idea why they're still trying to do anything else with it. It's not actually funny or interesting.
Now see... this is where you're wrong. Because the only thing WWE fans enjoy more than seeing something once, it's seeing the same thing 10,000 times. So who wouldn't enjoy seeing Stardust get his face kicked in by the random celebrity a second time which doesn't serve to build up either the talent or the product at all?

Zach

Finally read through the Benoit thread. It was really interesting to see people jump all over people who were guessing maybe it was fishy and maybe head trauma related. Lots of "could you f'n not" and "gtfo" out type responses and then slowly the details come out.
It was very weird to relive that shock but I like that the threads exist as time capsules.

I may have to do this...

So what you're telling me is that you're excited for WrestleMania in less than two months, right?

I need to sign up for the Network right now?

I need to watch Fastlane so I can watch Jericho and Styles have Match #3 in their series before they wrestle again on RAW the next night and the other person wins?
Or you can do like many of us do, and only watch the PPVs. As far as I know, Styles has only made his Rumble appearance, so I'm psyched to see him do an actual match in a couple of weeks. This approach makes everything so much better.

Their summerslam match raised $300,000 for charity through t-shirt sales. That good pr guaranteed the feud would continue.

UberTag

Or you can do like many of us do, and only watch the PPVs. As far as I know, Styles has only made his Rumble appearance, so I'm psyched to see him do an actual match in a couple of weeks. This approach makes everything so much better.
That's certainly a healthier approach to things... although, even then, Stardust vs. Amell is a rehash. Albeit one separated by 8 months or so instead of one you relive 8 times in a single month.

Menome

It was a Tag Match last time, where Amell performed far better than most people expected. I'd be interested in a one-on-one match to see him without being able to emergency-tag as a safety net.

Fox318

Eva is the only person in wrestling with actual heat.

I will never forget hearing her entrance live at Brooklyn.

I felt so sorry for her. Broadcast doesn't do it justice just how much she was booed.

Raw64life

Just finished New Beginning. Good stuff. And good call on Omega switching to pants. He looked like a goof with a long trenchcoat, gloves and skinny trunks. And he does seem to be toning down the comedy a bit.

Their summerslam match raised $300,000 for charity through t-shirt sales. That good pr guaranteed the feud would continue.

I mean that's fine, but clearly this is something being planned well in advance and they're still booking Stardust as a D-tier jobber. It's like the Riddler getting his ass handed to him by Robin and the GCPD and then challenging Batman to a fight.

No, I have. Back in '98. But I don't remember a lot of the happenings. But I was joking about marking spoilers. :D

P.S. Stop posting five times in a row. You're so overexposed the WrassleGAF Universe is going to turn on you.
This my......

Fuck I'm carrying this thing like a newborn baby.
Wasn't that the Smackdown theme?

RAW had 'thorn in your eye', and the goat; 'across the nation'
When Raw went War, it was the very first theme they used then they changrd it. I wanted to fully embrace it being that I know it unlike in 97 as a 5 year old, I didn't.
Yeah when it happened, the thought didn't come in my mind but looking at the Regal tribute the other day it was so unreal. I was reading right before he went on JBL screamed something in the back that was like, "Oh my God he killed his boy?!"

kiguel182

Isn't it weird that faces keep insulting the heels manhood? The Usuos just called what The Miz is wearing a dress and The Rock called what New Day are wearing a penis.

I mean, why are the faces intolerant idiots and the heels just do what makes them happy?

In other words, I need to stop watching wrestling.

I hope if Amell and Stardust have a rematch, that Amell learns how to sell some attacks. I can appreciate him for taking some decent bumps, and putting in one of the best celebrity performances, but his complete lack of facial expression killed the buzz.

Thorakai

Brock is saving the beard for the moment the storyline calls for a Super Brock power-up.

Shame that nobody in the roster will ever push him to that limit for us to see that glorious mane again.

save us mil muertes

Top Bottom