• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Vince was Sara's stalker ALL ALONG.
It_was_me_austin.jpg
AW SON OF A BITCH

Can someone with curly hair like me have slicked back hair like cm punk?

My hair is so dull and coarse ..matted i guess?

Its either that or a buzzcut :(

orioto

Good Art™
I see i'm not the only one worried for Owens. At least!!

If 2 weeks losing against Ziggler is not enough, neither is the lack of promos (when they used him a lot for that before), nor zero direction 1 week before a ppv and 6 before WM... Maybe this is just really lazy, blind booking....

But at least there is something that is clear.
Owens was booked like a strong wrestler that couldn't be defeated by mid carders clean, for a long time after the Cena feud. He was protected. I can be wrong but i'm not sure he lost a single match clean against anyone between Cena, and Ambrose at survivor Series.

So, something changed.
He's now clearly booked as someone who can lose against anyone.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All the camera shots of white people booing, that isnt uncomfortable at all >_>

I see i'm not the only one worried for Owens. At least!!

If 2 weeks losing against Ziggler is not enough, neither is the lack of promos (when they used him a lot for that before), nor zero direction 1 week before a ppv and 6 before WM... Maybe this is just really lazy, blind booking....

But at least there is something that is clear.
Owens was booked like a strong wrestler that couldn't be defeated by mid carders clean, for a long time after the Cena feud. He was protected. I can be wrong but i'm not sure he lost a single match clean against anyone between Cena, and Ambrose at survivor Series.

So, something changed.
He's now clearly booked as someone who can lose against anyone.
Gotta keep all the wrasslin tiers intact

Tier Brock: Brock

Tier 1: Cena, HHH, Taker, Rock

Tier Balee Dat: Roman(gonna go up to tier 1 after Mania) Owens was kicked out of here.

Tier 50/50: everyone else

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When did Rocky Maivia become The Rock and go turned face? Was he gone for awhile, was it a stone cold style "3:16" promo?

UberTag

Gotta keep all the wrasslin tiers intact

Tier Brock: Brock

Tier 1: Cena, HHH, Taker, Rock

Tier Balee Dat: Roman(gonna go up to tier 1 after Mania) Owens was kicked out of here.

Tier 50/50: everyone else
I'm at a complete loss as to what they plan on doing with Brock after he goes over Bray at Mania Star. I mean, what the hell is left for him? They've got nobody built up for him. They're not going to direct him at their precious Roman. Are they just going to trot him out for the occasional house show until they figure out who the hell is healthy enough to feed to him at Summerslam or what?

When did Rocky Maivia become The Rock and go turned face? Was he gone for awhile, was it a stone cold style "3:16" promo?
If memory serves, the fans rallied behind him when he turned on Farooq (ala Starscream turning on Megatron). Might not have been until later when he followed in Austin's footsteps and feuded with Vince that the fans truly got behind him and he became The People's Champion. Then he became the Corporate Champion and turned heel again until the Corporate Ministry fallout and he went face big time with the Rock & Sock Connection.

BFIB

He became The Rock shortly after joining The Nation. His charisma just started getting with the crowd, he ended up turning on the Nation (became face, and calling himself the People's Champion), and at Survivor Series 98 he turned after Mankind was screwed out of the title.

Rhaknar

Dat Starscream analogy tho. You good people Uber

Zach

He became The Rock shortly after joining The Nation. His charisma just started getting with the crowd, he ended up turning on the Nation (became face, and calling himself the People's Champion), and at Survivor Series 98 he turned after Mankind was screwed out of the title.
Mark your '98 spoilers! C'mon!

>_>

Rhaknar

Also, was that really a feud between not 2 but 3 heel stables? Lol

Or was DX face by then? Crowd seems to be booing them. And they initially cheer Hart but then he goes on his anti US stuff and they boo them too.

Heroman

Banned
See Owen losing to Ziggy wouldn't a problem if wwe didn't have a problem with ruining people cred, If Ziggy was book strongly this would not be a problem.

Lothar

Banned
Also, was that really a feud between not 2 but 3 heel stables? Lol

Or was DX face by then? Crowd seems to be booing them. And they initially cheer Hart but then he goes on his anti US stuff and they boo them too.

I thought you meant Nation vs Los Boricuas vs DOA gang wars but you'd be right about Nation vs DX vs Hart Foundation too. Just about everyone was heel in late 97.

Even 1997 Steve Austin was still acting like a heel but towards other heels. He frequently cut promos saying, "You can cheer me all you want, but I still don't give a damn" and they kept cheering him anyways.

It wasn't until really late 1997 that Austin started pandering the fans with the whole, "If you want _______, give me a Hell Yeah" stuff.

Even 1997 Steve Austin was still acting like a heel but towards other heels. He frequently cut promos saying, "You can cheer me all you want, but I still don't give a damn" and they kept cheering him anyways.

It wasn't until really late 1997 that Austin started pandering the fans with the whole, "If you want _______, give me a Hell Yeah" stuff.
Yeah once he and Owen got into it m, that's when he made his almost face turn.

Midget wrestling...... Yeah fuck this shit. I still can't believe they were actually on the ppvs. But you gotta compete with wcw somehow eh?

Browny

Banned
C-c-c-c-combo breaker! 5 in a row - not even fallen brother Alucard could manage that back in the day.

;-)

Yeah, the AE is such a mixed bag at times. Thank God for fast forward.

Zach

Wait, you haven't seen 98?
No, I have. Back in '98. But I don't remember a lot of the happenings. But I was joking about marking spoilers. :D

P.S. Stop posting five times in a row. You're so overexposed the WrassleGAF Universe is going to turn on you.

No, I have. Back in '98. But I don't remember a lot of the happenings. But I was joking about marking spoilers. :D

P.S. Stop posting five times in a row. You're so overexposed the WrassleGAF Universe is going to turn on you.
He's turning into the next Dog Ziggler.

One RAW away from this on my Attitude Era watch-through, so I'll avoid watching the vid. Odd to think how Big Show gets the retirement chants whilst guys like Undertaker and HHH have consistently been with WWF/WWE even longer than he has.

Haitch and Taker only wrestle on rare occasions. Big Show tends to appear more frequently, and the most entertaining thing he's done in the last few years is punch a retired old fart.

iNXKgby.gif

Top Bottom