• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

The whole thing would have been pointless if LOLTANAWINS.

He's still a bit too goofy to be taken seriously as a main eventer for me, but good for him if he can draw despite it.

He is channeling his inner generalismo takada. I love it

H1Vqq.jpg

The whole thing would have been pointless if LOLTANAWINS.

He's still a bit too goofy to be taken seriously as a main eventer for me, but good for him if he can draw despite it.

They're taking a chance, which after last year is more than we expected. Between that and Kidani saying they're doing away with the dumb one year deals, they're responding to being in this position the right way, and it's nice to see.

I mean that's fine, but clearly this is something being planned well in advance and they're still booking Stardust as a D-tier jobber. It's like the Riddler getting his ass handed to him by Robin and the GCPD and then challenging Batman to a fight.

It's hard to tell with wwe booking sometimes but maybe Stardust is losing to make it more believable that Arnell can win in a match with him. While Arnell is athletic for an actor he's still much smaller than most of the other wrestlers in wwe. And the end result of the match will likely be the retiring of the Stardust characters so they are letting him lose a lot before the turn so fans don't get attached like with the Dudley Boys.

Tagyhag

I don't remember much about MVP in the WWE except for his ppv entrances and theme (which were great). Was he any good in the ring or at cutting promos?

He is channeling his inner generalismo takada. I love it

H1Vqq.jpg

If Cody Hall is going to spray Mao's crotch with mist to lead to her giving birth to Bad Luck Fale, sure. But New Japan is, unfortunately, not Hustle, and the Cleaner shtick with the broom looks silly, even from a company where the main event attraction carried a Buster Sword and was accompanied by a velociraptor to the ring once.

They're taking a chance, which after last year is more than we expected. Between that and Kidani saying they're doing away with the dumb one year deals, they're responding to being in this position the right way, and it's nice to see.

I would love to also see a change to how the junior heavyweight division as a whole is booked, but Bushiroad probably isn't placing an emphasis on it.

That's right :(
Lol!

I actually got the Nash card in First grade. 1998. Damn.

I don't remember much about MVP in the WWE except for his ppv entrances and theme (which were great). Was he any good in the ring or at cutting promos?
He was decent in the ring, his promos were pretty good. He carried Matt Hardy in their best at everything feud(which is one of the most underrated feuds to happen in the 2000s). Then they made him the kool aid men with Mark Henry smh

Tagyhag

He was decent in the ring, his promos were pretty good. He carried Matt Hardy in their best at everything feud(which is one of the most underrated feuds to happen in the 2000s). Then they made him the kool aid men with Mark Henry smh

Neat thanks, I should look more into his time but that era is just a blur to me.

GolazoDan

I went to PROGRESS and I liked it! Results and stuff, spoilered because you know what people are like:

1. The Origin (Dave Mastiff & Zack Gibson) def. The Dazzler Team (Earl Black Jr. & Darrell Allen), Sweet Jesus (Chuck Mambo & Pastor William Eaver) and Joe Coffey & Big Damo when Gibson pinned Mambo with a schoolboy. Coffey and Damo beat the everloving shit out of the Dazzler Team and Sweet Jesus after the match.

2. Bubblegum def. Jack Sexsmith with a pedigree. Match involved a lot of bare man arse.

3. Pollyanna & Flash Morgan Webster def. The South Pacific Power Couple (TK Cooper & Dahlia Black) when Webster pinned Cooper with a 630 splash. Awesome match.

4. Jack Gallagher def. Timothy Thatcher by submission with a crab hold. BattlArts as all heck.

5. Rampage Brown def. Mikey Whiplash with a piledriver. Big boy heavyweight match with a lot of brawling, including Whiplash getting whipped through an entire section of chairs in the crowd.

6. Tommy End def. James Davis with a standing octopus hold. Awkward moment in the match when Davis hit a moonsault and may have knocked End loopy because he didn't kick out and the ref stopped counting. End announced after the match that the Sumerian Death Squad vs. London Riots tag match next month will not only be a TLC match but the losing team will have to disband.

7. Marty Scurll def. Mark Haskins to retain the PROGRESS title after using the Danielson elbow strikes, stomps to the face and the crossface chickenwing. Amazing match. Scurll grabbed a chair after the match and used it to injure Haskins' arm as he did to Ospreay on the first Manchester show. Haskins was helped to the back by his wife.

Fun show! Main event was great, as was the mixed tag and Rampage/Whiplash.

CbMzF8nWwAA9zHG.jpg

I went to PROGRESS and I liked it! Results and stuff, spoilered because you know what people are like:

1. The Origin (Dave Mastiff & Zack Gibson) def. The Dazzler Team (Earl Black Jr. & Darrell Allen), Sweet Jesus (Chuck Mambo & Pastor William Eaver) and Joe Coffey & Big Damo when Gibson pinned Mambo with a schoolboy. Coffey and Damo beat the everloving shit out of the Dazzler Team and Sweet Jesus after the match.

2. Bubblegum def. Jack Sexsmith with a pedigree. Match involved a lot of bare man arse.

3. Pollyanna & Flash Morgan Webster def. The South Pacific Power Couple (TK Cooper & Dahlia Black) when Webster pinned Cooper with a 630 splash. Awesome match.

4. Jack Gallagher def. Timothy Thatcher by submission with a crab hold. BattlArts as all heck.

5. Rampage Brown def. Mikey Whiplash with a piledriver. Big boy heavyweight match with a lot of brawling, including Whiplash getting whipped through an entire section of chairs in the crowd.

6. Tommy End def. James Davis with a standing octopus hold. Awkward moment in the match when Davis hit a moonsault and may have knocked End loopy because he didn't kick out and the ref stopped counting. End announced after the match that the Sumerian Death Squad vs. London Riots tag match next month will not only be a TLC match but the losing team will have to disband.

7. Marty Scurll def. Mark Haskins to retain the PROGRESS title after using the Danielson elbow strikes, stomps to the face and the crossface chickenwing. Amazing match. Scurll grabbed a chair after the match and used it to injure Haskins' arm as he did to Ospreay on the first Manchester show. Haskins was helped to the back by his wife.

Fun show! Main event was great, as was the mixed tag and Rampage/Whiplash.

CbMzF8nWwAA9zHG.jpg

Can Bill Eaver actually wrestle? He has a great look.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Watching the Network, I finally hit 1995 and let me say this:

I will never understand why Nash thinks he was a great wrestler and a gift to the sport. The guy was awful on the mic, awful in the ring, and couldn't draw at all. Just terrible all around. His feud with Bret Hart made it obvious how bad he was on the mic, as Bret overshadowed him constantly.

On a side note, the Bret/Owen feud was one of the best-written things WWF has ever done. That was quality.

Mahonay

Banned

I will never understand why Nash thinks he was a great wrestler and a gift to the sport. The guy was awful on the mic, awful in the ring, and couldn't draw at all. Just terrible all around. His feud with Bret Hart made it obvious how bad he was on the mic, as Bret overshadowed him constantly.
Because it's fake, who cares?
jFQx19D.gif

Neat thanks, I should look more into his time but that era is just a blur to me.
During that era, Raw was a hit and miss. Smackdown was the real 'A' show.
Did your Valentines tear their quads as they gave you the card?
Surprisingly not.

On a side note, the Bret/Owen feud was one of the best-written things WWF has ever done. That was quality.
Nash a great wrestler? No
Microphone work? It's not bad at all, he was held back imo in WWE but once he started talking in wCw, I bet Vince said wow! When he went back to only carrying about the black glove and friends, he was better. He knee it and hated his face run.
We're not called "darkies", we're people of colour man. Take that negativity elsewhere.

Top Bottom