• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Heading to Raw tomorrow in Anaheim then Smackdown on Tuesday in Ontario.

In the 400s for raw so no sign. Floor seats for Smackdown so I'll take a sign. Got a few ideas for what I should put.

CbOt3gwUYAEeq0O.jpg

In an alternate timeline we nearly got this thread trying to defend "rich old white guy fires black employee for touching him on show where white people touch him all the time and get title shots for it"

Tagyhag

Finn definitely goes to the Sting school of 'i wear different paint on my face so that means i'm a different character but can still do the same everything i did before' promo

Yeah it really is a shame. He was hyping up "The demon" considerably, but none of his attacks actually show any added aggression or modifications at all.

I'm still a mark for his entrance.

UberTag

Heading to Raw tomorrow in Anaheim then Smackdown on Tuesday in Ontario.

In the 400s for raw so no sign. Floor seats for Smackdown so I'll take a sign. Got a few ideas for what I should put.
"WrassleGAF Supports 50/50 Booking" on one side.
"Vince McMahon for President 2016" on the other.

It's not too late to get Trump to add him as the VP nom on his ticket.

I went to PROGRESS and I liked it! Results and stuff, spoilered because you know what people are like:

1. The Origin (Dave Mastiff & Zack Gibson) def. The Dazzler Team (Earl Black Jr. & Darrell Allen), Sweet Jesus (Chuck Mambo & Pastor William Eaver) and Joe Coffey & Big Damo when Gibson pinned Mambo with a schoolboy. Coffey and Damo beat the everloving shit out of the Dazzler Team and Sweet Jesus after the match.

2. Bubblegum def. Jack Sexsmith with a pedigree. Match involved a lot of bare man arse.

3. Pollyanna & Flash Morgan Webster def. The South Pacific Power Couple (TK Cooper & Dahlia Black) when Webster pinned Cooper with a 630 splash. Awesome match.

4. Jack Gallagher def. Timothy Thatcher by submission with a crab hold. BattlArts as all heck.

5. Rampage Brown def. Mikey Whiplash with a piledriver. Big boy heavyweight match with a lot of brawling, including Whiplash getting whipped through an entire section of chairs in the crowd.

6. Tommy End def. James Davis with a standing octopus hold. Awkward moment in the match when Davis hit a moonsault and may have knocked End loopy because he didn't kick out and the ref stopped counting. End announced after the match that the Sumerian Death Squad vs. London Riots tag match next month will not only be a TLC match but the losing team will have to disband.

7. Marty Scurll def. Mark Haskins to retain the PROGRESS title after using the Danielson elbow strikes, stomps to the face and the crossface chickenwing. Amazing match. Scurll grabbed a chair after the match and used it to injure Haskins' arm as he did to Ospreay on the first Manchester show. Haskins was helped to the back by his wife.

Fun show! Main event was great, as was the mixed tag and Rampage/Whiplash.

CbMzF8nWwAA9zHG.jpg

PROGRESS is dope, glad you had fun, looking forward to catching this show
Yeah he's decent in the ring from what I've seen from him. Apparently had a fantastic match with Jimmy Havoc on one of the ENDVR shows a year or two ago.
Yeah, Eaver is real good for a relative newbie. The Havoc match you mentioned is free on YouTube: https://youtu.be/vo5OHAqd9uc?t=1729

Any reason WWE hasn't tried to leverage social media to advance story lines? It's pretty much ruined by the stars using media to show them hanging out but it feels like a lost opportunity.

Any reason WWE hasn't tried to leverage social media to advance story lines? It's pretty much ruined by the stars using media to show them hanging out but it feels like a lost opportunity.
You don't count it when right before a match Michael Cole tells us Breeze said something bad about whoever on twitter and that's why they're having a 50/50 feud?

atomsk

Party Pooper

they did with the Mark Henry retirement angle.

it was super effective as well, because up to that point he wasn't using his twitter for kayfabe stuff.

Fox318

That requires planning.

Vince has his crew of 432 writers rewrite everything every hour for stupid reasons.

Do we honestly thing Vince would fire him based on that alone?

Perhaps it was a culmination of other things happening backstage.
You make it sound like Vince is the beacon of logic and reason.

Vince has been known to be insane for years, of course you will have people bringing up how successful he has been when most sensible people know that Vince was popular despite himself, not because of.

The Daniel Bryan retirement tweet?

That's completely different and more of a news announcement

they did with the Mark Henry retirement angle.

it was super effective as well, because up to that point he wasn't using his twitter for kayfabe stuff.

I think this is likely the issue. It's hard to have their social accounts used in a story because so many posts are them just hanging out or out of character. I was thinking about back when Taker storylines were so much darker and how you could use instagram or snapchat to better push that kind of dark story forward.

Fox318

Cena should not be cleared.

Favoritism exposed right here.

Let the dude rest and let your younger stars shine at mania.

Its not like they are going to sell more tickets.

Whether it's roids or him just not caring about his body and coming back as soon as he can move fully without screaming, I'm starting to side with the "Cena can't suffer major injuries" crew. 7 months minimum recovery is 3 months for him.

If that were him taking the muscle buster instead of Kidd, he'd have recovered, made a surprise return, won two belts, and lost one by now

Cagey

Banned
HGH assistance or not, Cena is an absolute monster. His ability to remain the top dog of WWE for over 12 years given all the responsibilities, workload, the physical toll...

He's one of a kind.

shanafan

Cena is a god among men. His body for built for wrestling. Not every guy can cut it, but Cena can.

Cena should not be cleared.

Favoritism exposed right here.

Let the dude rest and let your younger stars shine at mania.

Its not like they are going to sell more tickets.

Which younger stars do you have in mind for Wrestlemania?

Mahonay

Banned
So The Meltz on the latest Wrestler Observer Radio says that Brie Bella has made a decision to retire from active competition to be with Bryan, like most assumed she would. He speculates that she'll probably stay on until after Mania.

I dread that they'll throw the title on her at Fastlane as a farewell. Please, please don't use this as a reason to give her a big spot at Mania. She seems like a nice woman but dear god, I am not shedding any tears for never having to watch her "wrestle" again.

So The Meltz on the latest Wrestler Observer Radio says that Brie Bella has made a decision to retire from active competition to be with Bryan, like most assumed she would. He speculates that she'll probably stay on until after Mania.

I dread that they'll throw the title on her at Fastlane as a farewell. Please, please don't use this as a reason to give her a big spot at Mania. She seems like a nice woman but dear god, I am not shedding any tears for never having to watch her "wrestle" again.

Have her retire the Divas title

Fox318

Cena is a god among men. His body for built for wrestling. Not every guy can cut it, but Cena can.

Which younger stars do you have in mind for Wrestlemania?

If you actually want to get Roman and Ambrose over as the top face Cena can't be there.

They need a moment to shine without the politician behind their back ready to take the spotlight.

Here are the total times for Divas matches in the past five Manias:

WM31: 6:42
WM:30: 6:48
WM 29: 0:00
WM 28: 6:49
WM 27: 3:17 (Mixed tag match with Snooki)

I don't think you have to worry.

shanafan

If you actually want to get Roman and Ambrose over as the top face Cena can't be there.

They need a moment to shine without the politician behind their back ready to take the spotlight.

But I'll rather watch a Cena match than a Roman match. And I like Roman.

Top Bottom