• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

DMczaf

Have many people watched the Monday Night Wars documentaries on the network?

It's probably biased somewhat (winners writing the history after all) but it feels refreshingly honest about the industry.

There are some honest parts (when they talk about WWF sucking ass in the mid 90s and WCW doing something fresh and new) but the second they begin talking about how the tide began to turn, that's when the History Rewriting really begins.

DMczaf

bHDPtKa.jpg

Mahonay

Banned

It's probably biased somewhat (winners writing the history after all) but it feels refreshingly honest about the industry.
Lol it's still WAY fucking biased. They are very selective in how they tell that history. WWE also act as if they are so above making the mistakes of WCW, when they've done a lot of the same shit these past couple of years. I had to stop watching because it was making my eyes roll too much.
There are some honest parts (when they talk about WWF sucking ass in the mid 90s and WCW doing something fresh and new) but the second they begin talking about how the tide began to turn, that's when the History Rewriting really begins.
Lol yep.

DMczaf

The DX and Goldberg Burial episodes are especially infuriating.

The DX Invasion turn the tide, friends! THANK YOU BASED HAITCH!

Remember when Angle had a tumor in his neck for a full year and kept wrestling, only stopping and getting surgery because it pressed on a nerve

Healthy as fuck clear him now Savior HHH <3<3<3uwu

I am sometimes under the impression that Haitch has two personalities... One of them being the NXT boss. Respectful of the abilities of others, confident yet restrained, excellent women's wrestling benefactor, family man, and absolutely hilarious DX Haitch... And the other is the Hulk Hogan-esque racist/sore perpetual winner who damages and sometimes destroys the top-level careers of others, and generally makes others look like idiots (and drones on and on about dull nonsense). The way I see it, he would be far better off in terms of reputation amongst us smarks if he dropped off the TV screens entirely. But eh, he's still sorta got it, and I GUESS he's got some charisma, but yeah, I'm surprised he doesn't realise that no matter how good you remain, you can sometimes just not be well liked any more. He's too samey, also. Not gonna pretend he's completely awful (like some do), as he has many, many good aspects... But I do largely hate him, and everything that he stands for. Sadly though, there shall always be a Hulkster type in wrestling, and for now, it's him.

I don't care what anybody says btw, I'm sure they could bring back Angle for a match or two. People said he should have been dead at least 5 years ago and he's not dead. Cena's probably in worse health overall.
The Truth has set you free!

Lol it's still WAY fucking biased. They are very selective in how they tell that history. WWE also act as if they are so above making the mistakes of WCW, when they've done a lot of the same shit these past couple of years. I had to stop watching because it was making my eyes roll too much.

Lol yep.

They also come dangerously close to giving Russo credit for pushing the likes of Booker T, so decide against mentioning his name and instead basically saying 'too little, too late'.

Remember when Angle had a tumor in his neck for a full year and kept wrestling, only stopping and getting surgery because it pressed on a nerve

Healthy as fuck clear him now Savior HHH <3<3<3uwu

... Whoops. I take it back that he should wrestle in the first place.

But eh, at the same time, neither should Cena.

Kaladin

Speaking of the Monday Night War...

I just got to the episode of Nitro in '96 where the Outsiders attacked everyone with baseball bats and it stalled the whole episode for about 30 minutes as they covered the aftermath.

That right there was genius booking that even today still holds up. You kind of felt like up to this point, they had been working an angle, but when they did that brutal attack angle they wanted to make it more real. They sold the seriousness of it very well and it did come off as an unscripted act of violence that disrupted the show.

My only complaint is that in that same episode they had the nWo break in with this cheesy promo about Hog Wild. They at least tried to cover it up by saying nWo bought the time, but it still came off as cheese in the middle of a serious moment.

Yep. WW(F)E didn't win because of the better product they won because WCW completely shot themselves in the foot. Despite having the aging talent WCW was consistently putting a far better product. The rise of cruiserweights and lucha is entirely because of WCW. I was still holding on to WCW even with the Wolpack stuff, but even by then I started to grow bored of WCW.

Mahonay

Banned
Been having a lot of fun watching 1992 WCW. A bit of a hotbed for talent.

I wish The Lapsed Fan released both halves of their Starrcade 92' episode. Part 1 has already been really good but part 2 is the actual show review and it's still not up. I think they did Starrcade 91' parts 1 and 2 on the same day.

DMczaf

Been having a lot of fun watching 1992 WCW. A bit of a hotbed for talent.

I wish The Lapsed Fan released both halves of their Starrcade 92' episode. Part 1 has already been really good but part 2 is the actual show review and it's still not up. I think they did Starrcade 91' parts 1 and 2 on the same day.

CbBcyfUXIAA4pMY.jpg:large

With Kharma released from TNA, can they just bring her back to finally get her revenge and destroy the Bellas into "retirement". Reintroduce Kharma to the Universe™ and Bella(s) do the job on the way out. It's the carny way.

Hex

Banned
With Kharma released from TNA, can they just bring her back to finally get her revenge and destroy the Bellas into "retirement". Reintroduce Kharma to the Universe™ and Bella(s) do the job on the way out. It's the carny way.

When you are so bad that you get RELEASED.....from TNA....do you really think WWE would go anywhere near?

When you are so bad that you get RELEASED.....from TNA....do you really think WWE would go anywhere near?

Didn't she get released for beating someone up backstage again? I mean, I guess if they found her valuable enough to keep they would have, but unless she's somehow dramatically worse since her previous issues, it'd be great seeing her again.

Fox318

Worker work a work so the shooter don't shoot on them because as workers who know when a work becomes a worked shoot instead of a shoot shoot they know that shoot can ruin the it work career.

She's done man.

Teddy Hart has an entire country he can just avoid wrestling in because he's wanted for rape there, Savior HHH said weeks after the racism stuff that Hulk "I hate blacks" Hogan would be welcomed back like a king by him/them soon, and Snuka was booked by indies for decades after committing murder and getting away with it

Wrestling's like the only sport where death is the only time you can say "yeah they're done"

I'm like a two thirds of the way through and have been enjoying it. I thought it was particularly funny about the Jericho episode where he talks about him coming over to the WWE and having to prove himself, and being called a rookie, and that he's now in the "big leagues." He used pretty much the exact same language he's being using towards AJ now, which I have to believe is fairly intentional.

Mahonay

Banned
Teddy Hart has an entire country he can just avoid wrestling in because he's wanted for rape there, Savior HHH said weeks after the racism stuff that Hulk "I hate blacks" Hogan would be welcomed back like a king by him/them soon, and Snuka was booked by indies for decades after committing murder and getting away with it

Wrestling's like the only sport where death is the only time you can say "yeah they're done"
I mean she's done as far as any kind of future signing with WWE.

I'm well aware how carney wrestling is.

If they told me I had to take a chair shot from Taker, I would rather quit the business than take those disgusting shots
"Koen, you're going against mark tonight in a hardcore match. Get ready pal. "

" you know I've been thinking about starting a family, I'm asking for my relea..... "

" Oh you want to have a story line with a diva huh? Sure thing pal, we'll put you in a 3 way angle with Jamie Noble and Nidia. You'll be her brother and stuff."

"But."

"Now, get out there and make me proud! Also the crowd loves headshots!"

duly noted, as long as no one tries to argue that Vince isn't racist
&#128566;

No. I just saw her debut during my watch through 2011 PPV and it was the most boring, unclimatic thing ever.

Top Bottom