• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Fox318

QMiIHlE.gif

Kaladin

Real talk, at this point I'd be ok with the Dungeon of Doom combing back. Terribad promos and all.

The best part about Dungeon Of Doom was right after the nWo formed and the Task Master hated Hogan even more because he destroyed Hulkamania on his own after the Dungeon had worked so hard to do it.

Speaking of the Monday Night War...

I just got to the episode of Nitro in '96 where the Outsiders attacked everyone with baseball bats and it stalled the whole episode for about 30 minutes as they covered the aftermath.

That right there was genius booking that even today still holds up. You kind of felt like up to this point, they had been working an angle, but when they did that brutal attack angle they wanted to make it more real. They sold the seriousness of it very well and it did come off as an unscripted act of violence that disrupted the show.

My only complaint is that in that same episode they had the nWo break in with this cheesy promo about Hog Wild. They at least tried to cover it up by saying nWo bought the time, but it still came off as cheese in the middle of a serious moment.

Didn't that make it to where Greg Valentine was now in the main event? I loved hat episode too. Anything could happen at the time.

If they told me I had to take a chair shot from Taker, I would rather quit the business than take those disgusting shots

As a fan that broke in to the business im sure mavin was giddy as fuck to be just in the same building as the undertaker let alone in a spot with him taking chair shots

MG310

With Kharma released from TNA, can they just bring her back to finally get her revenge and destroy the Bellas into "retirement". Reintroduce Kharma to the Universe™ and Bella(s) do the job on the way out. It's the carny way.

Even if they choose to ignore the TNA incident I'm not sure she would even pass a physical based on the last few months of TNA.

I'm outraged that the WWE Network has ruined Austin Appreciation Night from 2001, the Raw episode most commonly remembered for Kurt's milk truck was missing a crucial segment, the completely off key Alliance sing-a-long of wind beneath my wings complete with Austin head bobbing across the lyrics.
I'm absolutely gutted.

As for that episode in general, DDP got defeated by Undertaker's wife Sara, can we all agree that Protective Husband Taker was the worst Taker?

presented without comment
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWN-QlJW4AEnrZl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Kick out at 2.

Kaladin

I'm outraged that the WWE Network has ruined Austin Appreciation Night from 2001, the Raw episode most commonly remembered for Kurt's milk truck was missing a crucial segment, the completely off key Alliance sing-a-long of wind beneath my wings complete with Austin head bobbing across the lyrics.
I'm absolutely gutted.

Copyright song....that shit is expensive.

Interesting to read some of the responses surrounding the documentaries.

Regardless of whether the content is selectively presented, I am finding them incredibly enjoyable.

Is there a decent write up anywhere concerning them, or the era in general?

espher

Have her retire the Divas title

Win the title at Fastlane, announce she's retiring and taking the title with her. Drama, spectacle, SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DIVAS TITLE ON THE NEXT TOTAL DIVAS.

Announce new Women's Championship belt, have a tournament, whittle it down to a triple threat match w/ the obvious contenders (Charlotte vs. Becky vs. Sasha) at Mania. Then have a twist to turn it into a Fatal Fourway and have Bayley debut. After Mania, debut an undercard belt a la US/Intercontinental for the other wrasslers to mirror the men's side - you're burying all the Divas people anyway so why not give them a meaningless belt? Though ideally they'd make it matter (like the US/Intercontinental belts should matter).

Top Bottom