• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

shanafan

Listening to the Stone Cold Podcast with the Big Show. Excited to hear what he has to say based on the comments last night.

shanafan

Not sure how accurate Wikipedia is, but the Kalisto vs ADR match at Fastlane is best 2 out of 3 falls.

EDIT: I guess ADR challenged Kalisto to this on Raw. Must have missed it during his interview with Renee Young... oops. Whenever I see her on TV, I can't get that WWE 2K16 version of her out of my head.

shanafan

The story about Big Show wearing his newly won WCW Championship through Detroit Metro Airport the night he won it was hilarious.

Just watched the bitch hulu version of raw that ending was terrible like jesus christ they are reaching.

Dont really watch smackdown so it was nice to see rybak having new gear that doesnt look absolutely fucking retarded.

Im glad owens got the ic title praying for an aj vs owens wrestlemania.

Other then that still a very poor showing

Hex

Banned
SO...to get this right...
A title match between Del Rio and Kallisto is going to be on the preshow...but the slob squad vs the Wyatts will be main card?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Just watched the bitch hulu version of raw that ending was terrible like jesus christ they are reaching.

Dont really watch smackdown so it was nice to see rybak having new gear that doesnt look absolutely fucking retarded.

Im glad owens got the ic title praying for an aj vs owens wrestlemania.

Other then that still a very poor showing

Yeah the ending felt super out of place.

When they had that IC title match, I 100% knew that they were going to change the title. Which is a good thing, but I'm curious where that leaves Ambrose after he eats the pin at Fastlane.

Only half way through Raw but:

Please don't let Bryan retiring turn into a major driving force of an angle, please no. I know this is going to happen though

Any news on Mark Henry? Watching that all end the way it did was a bit cringe worthy.

And unfortunately..unvaccinated ones.

Pray for the little ones.

eye_roll_game_of_thrones.gif

Hex

Banned
Only half way through Raw but:

Please don't let Bryan retiring turn into a major driving force of an angle, please no. I know this is going to happen though

Any news on Mark Henry? Watching that all end the way it did was a bit cringe worthy.

It is for the coat-tail title. Charlotte and daddy and Brie and DB.
I mean seriously it was embarrassing how bad it was, and they should announce her when she goes to the ring at Fastlane as Ms Daniel Bryan to just make it easier.

shanafan

Too soon to say that Brie Bella needs to go now so the WWE universe can focus on the guys who are still wrestling? A retired DB does nothing for the current product. We got a great send off last week, but now it's time to move on.

espher

I think I actually enjoyed RAW tonight, overall.

* Started off with a 'surprise' title match, featuring three potential winners and two potential longshot winners (even if they're job squad). Title changed hands on RAW, going back to someone who can make it look good and freeing Ambrose up for the main feud. Only way it could have been better is if during one of the lulls they cut to the back with Roman watching a monitor, to tease the "what if he turns on Ambrose" twist that we all knew wasn't coming. Nice to tease Ziggler/Owens, felt organic since it hijacked Renee's interview.

* New Day early in the show so I didn't have to wait forever to see them. Big E stroking the recorder. Superb Owl. Mark Ass Busta. Was intrigued by Big E vs. Henry, but unfortunate it seems to have ended with Henry getting hurt. :/ Still, was an interesting one.

* Charlotte/Brie promo to build heat for a match. The promo was kind of terrible but it was nice to see the intent. Still kind of dumb to 'start' this literally the week before the match, like they did with Charlotte/Paige, but eh. At least they're doing it. Charlotte really is better as a heel (even if this dragged too long). Brie was brutal on this (especially that last line) and I still can't see her as a face.

* Miz vs. AJ was a good match. AJ is really fun to watch. Miz is good for this buildup. Jericho's tire pumping on commentary was a nice touch - good to have him build up AJ. Liked AJ cutting off Jericho and throwing down the gauntlet.

* Bubba and DVon promo was, uh, something. Happy to see the heel turn. Nice to see the "we're not on a nostalgia retirement tour" angle. Here's hoping something comes of it. The run-in on Roman later would have been better if they'd just left him down in the ring and gotten away. I do find it interesting they keep having Dean save Roman but Roman never saves Dean. Loved Heyman's promo there, though. Ticked some boxes.

* Summer Rae in a match and getting a win was an interesting twist. At least not expected. Still, not sure why Paige is basically getting squashed here. I assume the "I told you" stuff means there's backstory on Total Divas I didn't see, but, hey, this match wasn't a completely trainwreck even if the pacing was a bit weird. The other women's match was OK. Naomi is growing on me. Sasha's "I'm totally here to help you Becky but not actually going to help you" long walk around the ring was a nice in-character touch.

* Where the gimmicks are concerned... Still love me some Social Outcasts. The Shapiro thing caught me totally off guard and I legitimately laughed. Golden Truth segment was worth it for me just for the In Your House joke. Memes. I worry they'll run this into the ground with the skits, though, before they actually make them a team.

* I legit fast-forwarded through Lucha Dragons + Neville vs. League of Nations. I hate the Lucha Dragons theme/gimmick and I am 200% over the League of Nations and would rather they be booked strong individually. If the stable hadn't been job city and there was a better dynamic between the members I'd certainly be more interested. I think Del Rio is the weak link in it, tbh. Anyway, I didn't care about anyone in this so I fast-forwarded it.

* Main event was easily the weakest part. I don't care about any of these people any more. Wyatt Family has basically come out just before every PPV since I started watching wrestling (and probably before) selling doom and gloom and how they will kill everyone, and then they get instantly dunked by a face or face team, and it makes them not at all convincing. They need to basically disappear for a month and come back and be completely dominant and go on a multi-month run to make them seem like legit threats. Also I like Show but I am sick of Show matches, and we all know this is going to end in a DQ with Ryback and Kane, so who cares?

Overall it felt like the show was trying to build something with everything, even if it was late/last minute, instead of just being random short-term throwaways. Some of the things being built are terrible (Wyatts vs. "Titans", why), some had weird decisions (Paige losing, Lucha vs. League to build Kalisto vs. Del Rio), some were missing pieces (Dudley turn, the whole "if Reigns helps you, Dean, you're DQ'd" angle having zip done with it), but there seemed to be a little more coherence.

RBH

One of the most uninspired endings to Raw in awhile.

That kind of segment belongs in the first or second hour of Raw, not after 11pm ET.

MC Safety

I can't imagine Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella were not vaccinated. I'd hope the WWE requires that stuff, given those people's schedules and the close quarters they work in.

Have they really said they're anti-vaccination?

I can't imagine Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella were not vaccinated. I'd hope the WWE requires that stuff, given those people's schedules and the close quarters they work in.

no, it's another shitty meme some in this thread decide to push from time to time

jmdajr

I think so far it's a joke on their Hipster culture. It be disappointing if it was true though.

If you care about the planet and animals, why not people?

And heck, I doubt they don't vaccinate their dog. That be nuts.

MG310

AJ and Jericho should have gotten the 2/3 falls match if they were going to shit Del Rio and Kallisto out onto the pre-show.

kiguel182

The Big Show interview was great. I always liked his interviews and he seems like a cool guy.

That said, I really don't want to watch him wrestle. It just does nothing for me. That Raw ending was terrible and I couldn't care less for everyone involved.

The rest of the show was average. Nothing terrible (except for Brie and Charlotte's promos) but nothing that made me super eager for next week either.

Pikma

Banned
Wait a minute, WAIT A MINUTE

The Social Outcasts won't be at Fastlane? Fuck this world...

Unless... they're the ones who will interrupt New Day?

Fox318

Da Big Guy putting those indie shits in their place.

Put Ryback in Roman's place, at least he can cut a promo and doesn't need to wear a vest to hide his gut.

Top Bottom