• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Fox318

Was....was big show big shooting?

HGkZcQg.gif

After thinking about that Tana/Omega match more, I think

I think Tanahashi's one of the greatest of all time

Dude had an astounding career already, and he's now had two potential torch-passing moments in the span of two months to guys who absolutely deserved it, and made both look like a million bucks in the process, and didn't politic his way out of it. Not many people at all can say that, nor can it be said that those two would have benefited as much as they did from the win if many more people (Nakamura the only name that comes to mind) had been in his place instead.

It feels good to see legendary moments, and legendary people, like that

Ithil

I've no idea why they thought it was a good idea to put a picture of Big Show's dad obviously very sick and late in his life. Show tried laughing it off but he seemed pretty upset for a few minutes after seeing it.

UberTag

After thinking about that Tana/Omega match more, I think

I think Tanahashi's one of the greatest of all time

Dude had an astounding career already, and he's now had two potential torch-passing moments in the span of two months to guys who absolutely deserved it, and made both look like a million bucks in the process, and didn't politic his way out of it. Not many people at all can say that, nor can it be said that those two would have benefited as much as they did from the win if many more people (Nakamura the only name that comes to mind) had been in his place instead.

It feels good to see legendary moments, and legendary people, like that
I wonder if Cena will ever do that without getting his win back 5 times afterwards.

I like it when people are willing to spill the real life.
Same here. It's rare we get to find out about wrestler's lives as we would Hollywood stars so is here is kind of our outlet now, I guess. I want to have more guys who worked with Austin in the show simply because they can go back and forth a bit more. I remember hearing the cagr wasn't supposed to break in that SVDM match but now it's cleared up that it really was. I'd love to hear more from Kane. And one I think everyone would love especially is from Taker. We'll probably never get a book or anything from him so maybe a podcast down the line.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Guessing aj will feud with kevin for belt at mania after the natch with jericho at fastlane

After this stink fest about to ve delivered Sunday, it needs to be.

spear-through-flaming-table-o.gif
No one makes stars out of people like Foley.
Taker, Edge, HHH, Randy, Rock, even Austin to an extent.

Foley is the ultimate enhancement talent. Thank god for Foley but I hope there is never another Foley, it's a miracle he can still even barely walk.

MC Safety

I like this Big Show interview. He's honest about his role, his many alignment turns, and his love for wrestling.

It gets really sad, really fast.

Syder

No one makes stars out of people like Foley.
Taker, Edge, HHH, Randy, Rock, even Austin to an extent.

Foley is the ultimate enhancement talent. Thank god for Foley but I hope there is never another Foley, it's a miracle he can still even barely walk.
Damn right, Foley pushed those guys to really up their ante. Push themselves to be more ruthless. I have to watch the match between he and Edge again. I've not seen it since I purchased WM 22 on dvd which was whenever it came out. In my head the event seemed very overwhelming and it made that match not appeal so much as it should've. Honestly, that's all I remember when that event and HBK don't the elbow drop off the ladder. The atmosphere in that arena was something weird, their was a hazy shade of smoke that distracted me early on.
It was big at the time, it was one of the pair of "Do you wanna talk about Punk?" podcasts.
I read the recap, it seemed fine. It'll be hard to top big shows. Vince's seemed ok from the recap too.

Wait wait so Crush is about to get the doomsday device then d lo jumps outside. Then wolfie d gets the 2x4 and hands it to Ahmed to knock out crush. Weak.

Kornflayx

Wow, that finish to Mankind vs. Austin at the Series 98 was so fucked up by Mankind. He was clearly supposed to get up and level Austin after Shane gave him the middle finger but he didn't move. Shane was screaming "Mick, Mick", Austin was looking over his shoulder constantly and when he picked him up asked him "WTF are you doing?". Then some horrible, improvised finish where Austin gets pinned after a weak chairshot from Gerald Brisco of all people.

Horrible all around

orioto

Good Art™
Wouldn't be surprised if they panic for WM numbers and they go for something that would make sense actually.. And be somewhat surprising.

Ambrose and Reigns kill each other at fastlane, Brock wins, to have a Trips/Brock at Mania (which will still be a bigger draw for most of the people), and we have a nice Reigns/Ambrose feud going into mania for a bloody match. Everyone wins!

Also i swear for Owens sometimes it feels the guy protecting him wasn't there for to weeks and he just came back and was like "what the fuck did you do you piece of shit bookers ???" and he's suddenly IC champion.

I just hope their short term thinking is not just "It's better if our movie star Ziggler wins it back at fastlane to defend it at mania wouhouuu!" I still got the feeling they want to push Ziggler a little... But then Owens got that commercial package.. With them you never know they can have a plan and change mind one week after so who knows..

Kornflayx

I wonder how much money they're throwing at Rocky right now to have him wrestle at Mania. You know, the only match I think would rescue WM at least a little would be Rock vs. Brock or Rock vs. Taker

Zach

Shocked that I really liked Slamboree '98 overall. Expected more out of Eddie vs. Ultimo, though. : (

But still! Malenko!

Top Bottom