• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

6RMAinM.jpg

They literally shoved Mr. McMahon's face into Big Show's exposed ass.

I count that as the most cringe-worthy thing I have seen in all of wrestling.

That goofy ass match was probably the only good thing to come out of that whole new and "improved" DX.
That and I'll admittedly always enjoy DX in the production truck modifying Vince's voice.

Just thinking back to mid life crisis DX brings back a swathe of moments...
- Vince loves Cock(erels), lololololol
- Spirit Squad job squad, buried and then literally packed up to be shipped back to OVW
- When Vince tries to subtly drop a mesh net over DX
- When startled Vince takes a leak on the coach after calling his manhood "the eighth wonder of the world, Andre the Giant"
- HBK constantly having to be distracted when HHH going for those attitude era boob shenanigans
- HBK "speaking street" to cryme tyme
- When DX have a bounty placed on them and Chris Masters tries to claim it while hiding in a toilet cubicle

And so much more, it's awful yet uncanny in how memorably stupid it all was, 2006 was weird.
Meanwhile Smackdown was a never ending cycle of Batista, Booker, Lashley and Finlay.

Barrage

That goofy ass match was probably the only good thing to come out of that whole new and "improved" DX.
That and I'll admittedly always enjoy DX in the production truck modifying Vince's voice.

Just thinking back to mid life crisis DX brings back a swathe of moments...
- Vince loves Cock(erels), lololololol
- Spirit Squad job squad, buried and then literally packed up to be shipped back to OVW
- When Vince tries to subtly drop a mesh net over DX
- When startled Vince takes a leak on the coach after calling his manhood "the eighth wonder of the world, Andre the Giant"
- HBK constantly having to be distracted when HHH going for those attitude era boob shenanigans
- HBK "speaking street" to cryme tyme
- When DX have a bounty placed on them and Chris Masters tries to claim it while hiding in a toilet cubicle

And so much more, it's awful yet uncanny in how memorably stupid it all was, 2006 was weird.
Meanwhile Smackdown was a never ending cycle of Batista, Booker, Lashley and Finlay.

You forgot the HBK superkicking everyone gag.

Aiii

So not worth it
I bet if HBK grabbed Vince's arm, told him to suck it, crotch chopped at him and dropped his pants to moon him at the end of a retirement speech he wouldn't get suspended.

Fox318

I bet if HBK grabbed Vince's arm, told him to suck it, crotch chopped at him and dropped his pants to moon him at the end of a retirement speech he wouldn't get suspended.

Didn't HBK do lines off of Vince's desk while Vince was working?

somedevil

It seems that report Meltzer did of Lucha Underground losing a lot of money has pissed off people.

He is getting crap from fans, Chavo and a producer from the show.

It adds to other battle about the intergender matches they have.

jmdajr

Nu-DX entrance at Summerslam was as some as you say... DOPE.

Personally underrated for me. It's just a mock of old DX which..I dig.

The merch shilling' was epic.

Hickenbottom!!!!!

tumblr_lid38numx51qax9gv.gif

dxtrck_zps546413bf.gif

dx3_zps6ea5a1d3.gif

dxooo_zps4bedf516.gif

BFIB

Got any cliffs?

-Stated on his first day, JBL pretty much hazed him. He said WWF would call it "hazing" he said he "bullied" no doubt
-Said JBL would sit behind him on purpose and call him "fat, lazy" etc.
-He shrugged it off, because he didn't want to carry a grudge, and confided in Bob Holly a lot over it
-Said after he was released, he did an interview, and was asked about his tenure in WWF. He gave the usual praise, but said JBL was "an asshole", but then stated after that comment he gave him praise for his ring work, but when the interview was released, they focused on his comments on JBL
-When he was invited back for ONS, he said he was nervous, because JBL was there. Said they said hi to each other, and that was it. So he thought everything was cool
-Blue Meanie had wrestled the ECW Reunion show a few days prior, and got busted open hardway. He had 8 stapes in his head, so when they had that big schmoz brawl at the end, he said JBL eyed him down early, and went right after him. Said he punched him legit, right on the staple cut, and he started bleeding immediately. JBL then grabbed his shirt, and went NHL style, basically clubbing the shit out of him. Said a few of his friends saw it (he mentions a few names, forgot who), who jumped in to try and separate them. By the time he realized what happened, he saw three or four people jumping on JBL and going shoot on their punches w/ him. He was told to go to the back, but told himself, he's here, he may never get an opportunity again, so he stayed in the ring.
-After he got to the back, he was grabbed by Johnny Ace, who was pissed because he thought he bladed. He told him what happened, and said later Johnny Ace came up and "doubled his pay" on the spot
-Was then invited back to Smackdown where him and JBL hashed everything out

But I also heard stories that JBL shit in his bag, called a few times to threaten him at his home even. I forgot which podcast I heard that on, I'll have to try and find it.

jmdajr

New Day is basically in some ways..a new version of DX.

I don't know if they will be allowed to take that much further though. Still plenty of face potential.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
-Stated on his first day, JBL pretty much hazed him. He said WWF would call it "hazing" he said he "bullied" no doubt
-Said JBL would sit behind him on purpose and call him "fat, lazy" etc.
-He shrugged it off, because he didn't want to carry a grudge, and confided in Bob Holly a lot over it
-Said after he was released, he did an interview, and was asked about his tenure in WWF. He gave the usual praise, but said JBL was "an asshole", but then stated after that comment he gave him praise for his ring work, but when the interview was released, they focused on his comments on JBL
-When he was invited back for ONS, he said he was nervous, because JBL was there. Said they said hi to each other, and that was it. So he thought everything was cool
-Blue Meanie had wrestled the ECW Reunion show a few days prior, and got busted open hardway. He had 8 stapes in his head, so when they had that big schmoz brawl at the end, he said JBL eyed him down early, and went right after him. Said he punched him legit, right on the staple cut, and he started bleeding immediately. JBL then grabbed his shirt, and went NHL style, basically clubbing the shit out of him. Said a few of his friends saw it (he mentions a few names, forgot who), who jumped in to try and separate them. By the time he realized what happened, he saw three or four people jumping on JBL and going shoot on their punches w/ him. He was told to go to the back, but told himself, he's here, he may never get an opportunity again, so he stayed in the ring.
-After he got to the back, he was grabbed by Johnny Ace, who was pissed because he thought he bladed. He told him what happened, and said later Johnny Ace came up and "doubled his pay" on the spot
-Was then invited back to Smackdown where him and JBL hashed everything out

But I also heard stories that JBL shit in his bag, called a few times to threaten him at his home even. I forgot which podcast I heard that on, I'll have to try and find it.

I still don't know how the fuck JBL stayed conscious after Stevie Richards' revenge shot.

Ithil

It seems that report Meltzer did of Lucha Underground losing a lot of money has pissed off people.

They're determined to disprove that other report that LU management is thin-skinned, I see.

Striker

Oh, man. Triple H is flying a jet and skywriting mean things to WCW on this episode of RAW.

SwbqKqP.png

So good. Truly revolutionary, totally not bottom-of-the-barrel dumbness.

Oh, and this episode had The Jackal introduce The Oddities, including some Howard Stern show cats that I don't remember from watching this in 1998. Don't watch it. It was really ugly and exploitative. Made me feel really bad.
Truly one of the moments that killed WCW and drove the Raw ratings through the roof. Bless these men.

shanafan

What is it with that prank? Wasn't Orton suspended for the doing the same early in his WWE career?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
JBL just had an in with the right people in order to get away with all the shit he did. He's just one of those bullies where I wouldn't be surprised to learn the reason he mended fences with Blue Meanie is because the bWo guys earned his respect by shooting on him with the chair.

Caught up on Smackdown. So this whole Wyatt thing with "Titans" is obviously a setup for them to go after "the biggest Titan" when they take out Brock in the main event on Sunday, right?

Angry Grimace

I am going to actually feel kind of bad for Reigns if they have him go over at Fastlane. The crowds are going to be fucking merciless to this guy, worse than last year, I'd imagine.

Sabucin

Why intergender matches are so critized on LU? Doesn't PWG have intergender matches too? (Candice Lerae)

I don't understand why this aspect is a problem when wrestling is fucking scripted.

Fox318

I am going to actually feel kind of bad for Reigns if they have him go over at Fastlane. The crowds are going to be fucking merciless to this guy, worse than last year, I'd imagine.

He either has to make chicken salad out of chicken shit or tell Vince and creative to book him differently.

GunBR

They should make a triple threat at Mania
I can't see the crowd happy with a Trips vs Roman fight

Put Dean and make him turn on Roman (or Roman turn on him) or put Brock, just because every match gets better with him.

Top Bottom