• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Fox318

Arn Anderson = RBH
Hugh Morrus = Professor Beef

FiXc6zX.gif

look at that crowd losing their shit.

Zach

Oh, man. Triple H is flying a jet and skywriting mean things to WCW on this episode of RAW.

SwbqKqP.png

So good. Truly revolutionary, totally not bottom-of-the-barrel dumbness.

Oh, and this episode had The Jackal introduce The Oddities, including some Howard Stern show cats that I don't remember from watching this in 1998. Don't watch it. It was really ugly and exploitative. Made me feel really bad.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Oh, man. Triple H is flying a jet and skywriting mean things to WCW on this episode of RAW.

SwbqKqP.png

Oh, and this episode had The Jackal introduce The Oddities, including some Howard Stern show cats that I don't remember from watching this in 1998. Don't watch it. It was really ugly and exploitative. Made me feel really bad.
Huge HHH dan. I think he's super underrated. But DX sucked balls.

Oh man, I definitely remember this. The Oddities went through a period with ICP and ten one with people like Beetlejuice and Dave the Drunken Angry Dwarf from Stern.

SwbqKqP.png

The Higher Power 😢

Anth0ny

SwbqKqP.png

I'm up here in the COCKpit

BFIB

Just listed to the TiJ podcast with Blue Meanie. He went into the JBL stuff at ONS, man, that was fucked up.

Kaladin

“Stone Pitbull” Tomohiro Ishii defeated Roderick Strong for the ROH World Television Title
at ROH / New Japan's Honor Rising - Night 1 event at Korakuen Hall.

Mahonay

Banned
Pulling from what Meltz has reported I'm thinking Taker's opponent is either HBK or Steve Austin. They are desperate for a big attraction to get that attendance record. Sting is probably just as likely, but I'd cringe while watching them wrestle, expecting one of them to get hurt at any moment.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Pulling from what Meltz has reported I'm thinking Taker's opponent is either HBK or Steve Austin. They are desperate for a big attraction to get that attendance record. Sting is probably just as likely, but I'd cringe while watching them wrestle, expecting one of them to get hurt at any moment.
I still think that the Rock is an option. Taker getting hurt is way more likely than the Rock getting hurt and something people never mention is that the Rock himself is getting too old to be wrestling much if he doesn't get a match or two in.

Mahonay

Banned
I still think that the Rock is an option. Taker getting hurt is way more likely than the Rock getting hurt and something people never mention is that the Rock himself is getting too old to be wrestling much if he doesn't get a match or two in.
I hope not. Taker vs Rock would probably be awful. But I can see them doing it.

Barrage

With the Goldberg WWE2K tease, the tease of the payday, and the fact that it's a "fresh" Dream matchup, I still think Goldberg/Taker is in play.

Kaladin

I'm continually happy I was still on my long hiatus from WWE during that. Whenever they show clips of that run, fuck man, it comes off as just staggeringly lame.

They literally shoved Mr. McMahon's face into Big Show's exposed ass.

I count that as the most cringe-worthy thing I have seen in all of wrestling.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I hope not. Taker vs Rock would probably be awful. But I can see them doing it.
It could still be Sting though. Working a match with Taker is pretty fucking safe at this point I imagine.

Sephzilla

I'm mixed on the idea of Goldberg vs Taker. The problem with the idea is that if Goldberg comes back people are going to want to see him completely steamroll through someone, because that's what made Goldberg famous. He isn't going to be doing that with Taker, and it would be a fairly long match (something that was never a huge strong point for Goldberg). Plus Goldberg in all likelihood would lose the match too, because Vince needs to keep WCW weak all these years later.

I would legitimately rather see Goldberg vs Strowman. Because the match would be short and Strowman could eat the loss and show Strowman's character that simply being a huge monster isn't a guarantee to winning.

Barrage

I'm mixed on the idea of Goldberg vs Taker. The problem with the idea is that if Goldberg comes back people are going to want to see him completely steamroll through someone, because that's what made Goldberg famous. He isn't going to be doing that with Taker, and it would be a fairly long match (something that was never a huge strong point for Goldberg). Plus Goldberg in all likelihood would lose the match too, because Vince needs to keep WCW weak all these years later.

I mean...would you really want to see Goldberg win? How is that good for anyone?

Mahonay

Banned
HHH has just as big of a hard on as Vince for burying WCW talent whenever possible.

But against Taker? Fuck no Goldberg shouldn't win. Maybe have him crush Big Show or something, if he still has some of that strength.

Sephzilla

I mean...would you really want to see Goldberg win? How is that good for anyone?

The thing that literally made Goldberg famous was destroying people in under a minute. If you bring Goldberg back for a one-off match and have him go in a long match where he takes an L, what the fuck is even the point of bringing back Goldberg?

Ideally, Goldberg is the perfect surprise Royal Rumble entrant.

HHH has just as big of a hard as Vince for burying WCW talent whenever possible.

But against Taker? Fuck no Goldberg shouldn't win. Maybe have him crush Big Show or something, if he still has some of that strength.

Yeah, if you bring Goldberg back you put him against someone who can take an L easier than Taker. Show or Strowman would probably be good for that.

Barrage

The thing that literally made Goldberg famous was destroying people in under a minute. If you bring Goldberg back for a one-off match and have him go in a long match where he takes an L, what the fuck is even the point of bringing back Goldberg?

Ideally, Goldberg is the perfect surprise Royal Rumble entrant.

The thing that would draw people would be curiosity and nostalgia. But it's a one-time interest. Once people see as limited a performer as Goldberg, the magic's gone.

So why have him win over the Undertaker, when that doesn't help Goldberg (whose legacy means nothing to the WWE anyway) and actively damages Taker.

You want Goldberg to come in and squash someone, have him kill Ryback. have him kill SHeamus.

But I wouldn't even give Goldberg a win over Bray Wyatt at this point, if we're thinking long-term.

Sephzilla

The thing that would draw people would be curiosity and nostalgia. But it's a one-time interest. Once people see as limited a performer as Goldberg, the magic's gone.

So why have him win over the Undertaker, when that doesn't help Goldberg (whose legacy means nothing to the WWE anyway) and actively damages Taker.

You want Goldberg to come in and squash someone, have him kill Ryback. have him kill SHeamus.

But I wouldn't even give Goldberg a win over Bray Wyatt at this point, if we're thinking long-term.

I think I described my own point poorly. The reason I wouldn't want Goldberg vs Taker is because Goldberg shouldn't come back to take an L, and he would (and should) lose a match to Undertaker. I'd much rather Goldberg come back to destroy someone like Big Show, Strowman, Ryback, or maybe Bray Wyatt (since Bray does nothing but lose to old guys).

In a perfect world I wouldn't bring him back for a WrestleMania match. He would be a surprise Royal Rumble entrant who can show up, spear and jackhammer the shit out of a bunch of people, get eliminated, and then leave. That way the Goldberg aura is pretty strongly reinforced and it doesn't actively hurt a lot of talent.

Top Bottom