• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

justjim89

The only downside of this match is that there is no way Shane is leaving Wrestlemania as a winner, so he is back just for this.

That's a shame because the idea of he running Raw as a character could make a big change.

Yeah, that's kinda lame. We'll hear Stephanie gloating the night after Wrestlemania and nothing will have fucking changed.

ElRenoRaven

Well fuck... And that was the biggest pop i've ever seen in RAW.

In the end the mcmahons win. They are the biggest heels, the biggest faces.. It's all about them!

But then who will people cheer for at mania ? Are they sure they want people to be against taker ?

Honestly who knows. I know I'm torn as hell. Taker wins and Shane disappears probably. Shane wins and Taker loses at WM again.

That was an awfully confusing series of events.

Shane helped Vince out with something (or blackmailed him?) and was able to keep his stake in the company. He obviously has bargaining leverage over Vince so why would he agree to a match? Seems like a poor idea.

Also Undertaker vs a 46 year old who's wrestled maybe a dozen matches in his life doesn't sound like the best match.

Here's a reminder of how good Shane is when he's not falling off of shit:

CkapL.gif
So he's as good as Dean

yuraya

I hope Taker throws him through the roof of the cell :D

Very desperate move from Vince. HIAC match with 100k people in the crowd. Should be fun.

It's as if WWE creative found someone's fanfic online and went, "hey, why don't we do this. I mean not like anything we say to Vince mattered before."

I do think Shane will win, and I think it's a good time to introduce the Balor Club (or any other new act). They help him beat Taker, and Shane gets to change Raw like he promised.

grimmiq

I get the feeling Taker is going to beat the hell out of Shane while gaining respect for him for putting his body on the line, then accepting a pin (maybe even dragging his "unconscious" body on top of him for the pin). His streak is gone, I think he'll give him this win to keep the WWE "out of the grave".

Toki767

I do think Shane will win, and I think it's a good time to introduce the Balor Club (or any other new act). They help him beat Taker, and Shane gets to change Raw like he promised.

In the event Shane wins (which I doubt) I'd give him until SummerSlam until he turned into a heel authority figure.

That was an awfully confusing series of events.

Shane helped Vince out with something (or blackmailed him?) and was able to keep his stake in the company. He obviously has bargaining leverage over Vince so why would he agree to a match? Seems like a poor idea.

Also Undertaker vs a 46 year old who's wrestled maybe a dozen matches in his life doesn't sound like the best match.

Here's a reminder of how good Shane is when he's not falling off of shit:

CkapL.gif

Wrong. Watch him vs Angle at King of the Ring 2000 I think it was. It has it all.

JTripper

Well fuck... And that was the biggest pop i've ever seen in RAW.

In the end the mcmahons win. They are the biggest heels, the biggest faces.. It's all about them!

But then who will people cheer for at mania ? Are they sure they want people to be against taker ?

Idk but all I know is that we're in for a fucking legendary match no matter who wins, even if this is just a ploy to get us excited for Mania if Shane really isn't coming back long-term.

I'll be personally cheering for Shane though for storytelling purposes but I won't be mad if Taker wins.

I mean, it's Taker at Mania. How can you boo Taker at Mania?

Jerm411

It's quite crazy how this company can be soooo predictable and cookie cutter with everything they do but then pull something so bizarre and batshit insane out of left field when no one expects it...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think it's a work. I don't think Shane himself will fight the Undertaker...

Wrong. Watch him vs Angle at King of the Ring 2000 I think it was. It has it all.

That was the best match Shane McMahon is capable of having and I still wouldn't call it a great wrestling match.

Keep in mind he was 15 years younger and wrestling Kurt Angle in his prime. 50 year old Undertaker ain't gonna be carrying him like that.

So current Mania card:

Reigns v. Triple H
Lesnar v. Ambrose
Shane v. Taker (Hell in a Cell)

If they somehow don't butcher the undercard they could save this show yet.

Top Bottom