• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Have to give the guy credit - what a hairline...

WlQpSqk.png

Bronx-Man

Banned
The excited reactions in this thread to Shane coming back and then being announced as Undertaker's opponent for WM32 is why WWE sucks and has for years now. Vince is right to have zero respect for what his audience wants because time and time again, he can just throw whatever bullshit out there and people are all like, "ZOMG" and "This is awesome", etc.

Pseudo smarks who don't realize they're truly marks at heart.

What's in a name? That which we call a smark
By any other name would mark as hard.

Are you in his training room?

There are not a lot of 46 year olds who can pull off wrestling a hell in a cell match at Mania, and I include 46 year olds who are actual active wrestlers with decades of experience. Shane has wrestled like a dozen matches in his entire life and he hasn't wrestled one in a decade.

I don't think Vince should have been wrestling matches when he was in his 50s either for the same reason, and he was in way better shape then Shane is right now.

Shane has to get replaced by an actual wrestler, right?
It's cool that he's back on tv, but I don't think him wrestling is something tons of people want to see.
I hope.
Shane is a HIAC is probably the only way we'd see someone take a bump from the top. It's a sick thought for a 46 year old, but wrasslin fans are a sick lot.

rrc1594

The excited reactions in this thread to Shane coming back and then being announced as Undertaker's opponent for WM32 is why WWE sucks and has for years now. Vince is right to have zero respect for what his audience wants because time and time again, he can just throw whatever bullshit out there and people are all like, "ZOMG" and "This is awesome", etc.

Damn you shooting

They just need to let Roman turn heel in a big way, take his shirt off to reveal his new body, finish whomever he turned on with some heelish movesituation, and accept the fate they wrote him into. At least then, he can turn back face later snd start semi fresh.

Nekofrog

Banned

It's why we watch wrestling in the first place. Give us a reason to mark out, and we will mark out. Because it's what we actually want to be doing. If presented with a choice, I'd much rather be marking out all the time for entertaining things than what they've been giving us for who knows how long.

What if Shane wins and HHH invades with his NXT gang/ Balor Club happens, with AJ turning on Raw and joining Balor Club?

But Taker would be a massive heel. He'd have to be. Is Shane even good any more for this?

And anyways, regardless of what happens, people still hate Roman and the shit like 50/50 booking and shitty writing.

I want long term change man. And we do already have that with HHH, but we know Vince is here forever.

Guess Ill enjoy the ride, but I just know it wont go anywhere past Mania

Sorry to be negative, Im just still reeling from the other highs we had taken away from us.

Striker

Nah, he's not a draw and he's never been a draw. Getting a good pop after being gone for 7 years is nice, but it doesn't mean you can sell the 100k tickets they need. Plus he's old and in no condition to wrestle a freaking Hell in a Cell match at Wrestlemania.

A real wrestler will be involved in this.
I can't remember the last actual good HiaC match. The ones at the PPV are always forgettable (good job ruining the aura of the HiaC matches with a shitty PPV concept) and Taker-HHH was just an overload of finishers and referee spots. Hardcore matches are generally the same, it's just kendo sticks and trash cans.

orioto

Good Art™
Only if they actually get a storyline, don't care to see more meaningless 50/50 feuds/matches

Yup i'm really worried they think the names of the wrestles are enough and they give them nothing to have real tension. But Owens will make something out of the feud if they let him anyway.

Shane is a HIAC is probably the only way we'd see someone take a bump from the top. It's a sick thought for a 46 year old, but wrasslin fans are a sick lot.

I really hope not. It would be the most part timiest part timer match of all time. An old guy who wrestles once a year against another old guy who last wrestled 7 years ago.
I dont want to see that.

Ambrose needs to storm the ring (neck brace and all), and just start laying Lesner out with the chair. Or get his ass kicked, either way works.

Top Bottom