• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

klonere

Banned
I think with Bayley you just have to nail her real backstory of being a huge legit wrestling fan growing up in some video packages, etc and let the heels get some heat on her.

When's the last time we got background video packages for anyone on the main roster.

Emma was the last Diva callup I had hope for, and holy god did they ever fuck that one up

I have hope for Bayley, but this time I'm expecting them to fuck it up. All I hope is it's only minor and that if not, they just get it out of the way so it can finally put the nail in the division's coffin.

Seriously, if they fuck up Bayley, I don't see how anybody has hope for women's wrestling in WWE ever again

klonere

Banned
I'm just fighting to keep my expectations way down you know? I've pretty much made my peace with not expecting anything from KO, AJ, Sami, Joe, Gable/JJ....basically everyone I like.

I still think Finn's getting a monster push when he comes up

Shadow780

Seriously, if they fuck up Bayley, I don't see how anybody has hope for women's wrestling in WWE ever again

Can't wait for Bayley/Paige/Natty on Total Divas!

tumblr_mkpzvdezQZ1qhqnc9o1_r3_500.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Emma was the last Diva callup I had hope for, and holy god did they ever fuck that one up

I have hope for Bayley, but this time I'm expecting them to fuck it up. All I hope is it's only minor and that if not, they just get it out of the way so it can finally put the nail in the division's coffin.

In the end I have no idea whether the Divas Revolution branding helped or hurt. I think the big problem is that change in the division really does take time to build and people were not receptive to the idea that they were giving themselves credit for changing it before they actually changed it. Not to mention that they certainly haven't sustained anything - they've booked exactly one sensible feud.

Zayn & Joe are the post-WM callups. Bayley will probably move on up a right before SummerSlam.

I still have this nonsensical expectation that Enzo and Cass are coming up before Mania even happens. My expectation is probably going to be crushed by the sight of the Usos standing tall over the lifeless bodies of the New Day at WrestleMania.

ed: ^^ If the branding of it being a "revolution" didn't hurt, Steph taking on-air responsibility for it certainly didn't help. There was maybe 3 weeks when there was actual hope, but when it became nonstop tag nonsense the air died out like a balloon was popped.

Gonna be Bryan chants all night regardless, between that and commentary if you're watching have your mute buttons ready

I'm just fighting to keep my expectations way down you know? I've pretty much made my peace with not expecting anything from KO, AJ, Sami, Joe, Gable/JJ....basically everyone I like.

I still think Finn's getting a monster push when he comes up

Finn's the one guy I will absolutely go on record saying isn't getting better treatment on the main roster than he is at NXT. On the fan side: Main roster fans will get sick of that entrance by the end of his first month and the Demon entrance by its second or third use. On the in-ring side: He's absolutely fighting at least one Wyatt, and that's a death sentence in 2016.

Speaking of: think of the boos that will come if the Wyatts prevent Brock from winning the FastLane main event and fans realize that's a Mania match

thefro

Finn's the one guy I will absolutely go on record saying isn't getting better treatment on the main roster than he is at NXT. On the fan side: Main roster fans will get sick of that entrance by the end of his first month and the Demon entrance by its second or third use. On the in-ring side: He's absolutely fighting at least one Wyatt, and that's a death

Balor's success is going to depend on how far they go with the Bullet Club guys on the main roster. For that to be a credible stable in WWE it needs more members than just Balor, Anderson, and Gallows.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Balor's success is going to depend on how far they go with the Bullet Club guys on the main roster. For that to be a credible stable in WWE it needs more members than just Balor, Anderson, and Gallows.

It's a stable of outsiders. You know, like outcasts. Socially.

So are they seriously starting an angle where Jericho is going to mentor AJ or something?

Heel Jericho is going over at FastLane through cheating, I'm pretty sure. I don't know if the turn happens before then or after that but they've spent way too much time on the angle for it to mean nothing.

Nekofrog

Banned
would love to see some kind of meaningful Best of 7 angle with a solid build between any combination of Owens/Styles/Balor/Joe/Zayn for the US or IC title.

maybe i just have way too many fond memories of the Booker T/Benoit BO7. that was a fun run.

Pikma

Banned
It's a stable of outsiders. You know, like outcasts. Socially.

Heel Jericho is going over at FastLane through cheating, I'm pretty sure. I don't know if the turn happens before then or after that but they've spent way too much time on the angle for it to mean nothing.
Jericho came out to save his two new bffs from The New Day yesterday after Raw ended though (but maybe that's why it was kept off air)

Raw,ratings new record low

Raw set another all-time record low for the era for a non-football season broadcast last night averaging 3.37 million viewers.

The prior lowest audience outside of holidays and football season was 3.46 million set on June 29, 2015.

In particular was a strong third hour drop to 3.09 million viewers, numbers that most of the third hours against the NFL in the fall topped last night's final hour, headlined by Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs. New Day.

Going in, expectations weren't strong with the Iowa Caucus coverage expected to hurt. The show was down 18 percent from last week, which showed the combination of the day after the Rumble increase and the Dwayne Johnson appearance didn't carry over a week later.

For the three hours:

8 p.m. 3.59 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.46 million viewers
10 p.m. 3.09 million viewers

Kaladin

You could tell the Fastlane build was going to be shit when they announced that main event. It's like that one moment sucked away all the hope and dreams created by the Royal Rumble.

RBH

Raw set another all-time record low for the era for a non-football season broadcast last night, averaging 3.37 million viewers.

The prior lowest audience outside of holidays and football season was 3.46 million set on June 29, 2015.

In particular was a strong third hour drop to 3.09 million viewers, numbers that most of the third hours against the NFL in the fall topped last night's final hour, headlined by Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs. New Day.

Going in, expectations weren't strong with the Iowa Caucus coverage expected to hurt. The show was down 18 percent from last week, which showed the combination of the day after the Rumble increase and the Dwayne Johnson appearance didn't carry over a week later.

8 p.m. 3.59 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.46 million viewers
10 p.m. 3.09 million viewers
http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/ratings-drop-non-football-record-low-raw-206841

Raw falls to 2.38 rating from 2.93 post-Rumble last week.
https://twitter.com/jctorch/status/694637596337516544

The show averaged 3.383 million viewers this week, which was a decrease of 715,000 viewers versus last week’s RAW broadcast. The January 25 edition of RAW averaged 4.098 million viewers, which was the highest television rating for the show in many months.

The hourly breakdown this week was as follows:

First Hour: 3.592 million viewers (4.140 million last week)

Second Hour: 3.464 million viewers (4.183 million last week)

Third Hour: 3.094 million viewers (3.972 million last week)
http://www.topropepress.com/news/23461/wwe-raw-ratings-2116#

Son Of D

How stupid.
So damned stupid.
Wyatts leave Brock laying in the ring before Rumble.
Wyatts cost Brock the Rumble.
No revenge, no payback, no mention of it, no nothing.

If I recall correctly during the Wyatt/Cena feud there wasn't any mention of Wyatts costing Cena the world title at Royal Rumble but they mentioned the Wyatts interfering in the chamber match. So I'm expecting the Wyatts to interfere at Fastlane and WWE to use that as the catalyst of the feud despite Rumble being the actual starting point.

You could tell the Fastlane build was going to be shit when they announced that main event. It's like that one moment sucked away all the hope and dreams created by the Royal Rumble.

This is factually true.

I'm still reeling about how easily the authority handed Reigns a rematch, that only makes sense if this is part of a master plan to divide and conquer hence the Jannety speech Steph made on Raw.

Angry Grimace

I wouldn't be surprised at either of them winning at Fastlane. I think the build points to Ambrose more than people seem to think thoug.

Bayley I think is something they need to do just right because what she does is calculated to do a lot of things for them. I understand there's a lot of people who are pessimistic about it (and frankly WWE has given reasons for that attitude with the way it books and treats females), but I legitimately think her low-end potential is just being Becky Lynch right now and her high-end potential is tapping demographics that barely even exist right now, e.g. younger girls.

To me Becky Lynch is Bayley, but in a different way and I feel like she's not getting over at all (to me at least). I think the recent Charolette stuff helped, but she's got the same goofy underdog approach.

DJChuy

Sucks that I have to tune in to Smackdown to watch AJ wrestle again. He never seemed to have quite get the long hairstyle not look awkward, but it's much better than the short hairstyle he had.

DMczaf

I can't wait for DBry's WWE Legends appearance next week, and puts over Titus O'Neil and Ziggler while taking less bumps than Hogan at WM31.

Top Bottom