• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

UberTag

But he is not that strong.
Vince believes that he is strong and that's all that matters.

I can't wait for DBry's WWE Legends appearance next week, and puts over Titus O'Neil and Ziggler while taking less bumps than Hogan at WM31.
Is he going to come out wearing a silly plaid shirt and do his little chant while delivering an empty speech about how he's going to see more doctors and working to get back into the ring?

How adorable! I hope Flair lays him out to get more heat on Charlotte for her match vs. Brie at Fastlane.

DMczaf

Is he going to come out wearing a silly plaid shirt and do his little chant while delivering an empty speech about how he's going to more doctors and working to get back into the ring?

How adorable! I hope Flair lays him out to get more heat on Charlotte for her match vs. Brie at Fastlane.

The only way that happens is if it's backstage, taped, and shot with Kevin Dunn's Shakey Camera so you never see that DBry never took a bump.

UberTag

The only way that happens is if it's backstage, taped, and shot with Kevin Dunn's Shakey Camera so you never see that DBry never took a bump.
We never saw the beatdown that resulted in this, either... no reason cameras have to catch it as it happens.

f22ce3d86ba55c306bc2fa778243b6a4_crop_north.jpg

Just have Flair lay into a prone and wounded D.Brine as he's curled up in the fetal position while Brie screams in fright and WWE officials pull the enraged Flair off of his broken carcass. Flair can then kiss Brie before cackling maniacally and hopping away.

MG310

How stupid.
So damned stupid.
Wyatts leave Brock laying in the ring before Rumble.
Wyatts cost Brock the Rumble.
No revenge, no payback, no mention of it, no nothing.

I'm guessing they would have teased it but Bray and Bo had to leave Birmingham before Raw because Blackjack Mulligan is in the hospital.

sajj316

I'm guessing they would have teased it but Bray and Bo had to leave Birmingham before Raw because Blackjack Mulligan is in the hospital.

Exactly. Did they give a reason for Bray not being there? Bo was "in the studio".

If they tease too much, it would be obvious that Bray is interfering at Fastlane.

MG310

Exactly. Did they give a reason for Bray not being there? Bo was "in the studio".

If they tease too much, it would be obvious that Bray is interfering at Fastlane.

Part of the continuing Make Roman Look Soft campaign they started at the last Rumble when he gets the win after interference.

If someone could find me that one Sheamus gif where his head is just off the mat and he looks kinda shifty that'd be swell.

The sound of Brie screaming will never truly escape me. What a tremendous program, in retrospect. I hope the dissenters of the era can find it in them to agree.
It led to a very fun and playful extreme rules match that includes backstage shenanigans, forklifts, partly flaming tables and Kane selling being whacked by the floppy announce table cover.
I don't see the hate, easily the highlight of Bryan's title tenure.
Albeit the only part of his title tenure, well arguably still more memorable than his WHC stuff.

sajj316

Part of the continuing Make Roman Look Soft campaign they started at the last Rumble when he gets the win after interference.

Have Roman win Fastlane by pinning Brock. Dean somehow gets into the main event. Roman turns on Dean and goes heel siding with the Authority. Dean chases for title.

Win win for Roman and Dean. Win for Bray as well going into a program with Brock.

Heel

It led to a very fun and playful extreme rules match that includes backstage shenanigans, forklifts, partly flaming tables and Kane selling being whacked by the floppy announce table cover.
Albeit the only part of his title tenure, well arguably still more memorable than his WHC stuff.

It may be why I enjoy Lucha Underground the way I do. They've truly embraced the B-level cheese that made the Bryan vs. Kane program such a treat.

"Look...!"

I think Bryan driving the forklift with Kane on it may well be one of the most poetic things Vince McMahon has done. While wrestling has always featured strong inspirational American imagery, this was the absolute height of the protestant work ethic that your country is founded on. A scrappy tough man overcoming a literal demon through industry and hardwork. Marvelous

kirblar

I wouldn't be surprised at either of them winning at Fastlane. I think the build points to Ambrose more than people seem to think thoug.
They're going to have both of them pin Brock.

He gets left laying, they tease them fighting, then they both just cover him together.

Heel

I think Bryan driving the forklift with Kane on it may well be one of the most poetic things Vince McMahon has done. While wrestling has always featured strong inspirational American imagery, this was the absolute height of the protestant work ethic that your country is founded on. A scrappy tough man overcoming a literal demon through industry and hardwork. Marvelous

The vehicle he ran his demons over with? A Chrysler, a cornerstone of American ingenuity, assembled by a blue-collar workforce. #layers

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They're going to have both of them pin Brock.

He gets left laying, they tease them fighting, then they both just cover him together.

I mean, its possible, but I don't know if a triple threat at Mania takes the wind out of a potential triple threat with Rollins (granted they've done a fatal four-way with all of them before) and this sounds just like the (terrible) finish they book with Corbin/Zayn/Joe on NXT.

I mean, its possible, but I don't know if a triple threat at Mania takes the wind out of a potential triple threat with Rollins (granted they've done a fatal four-way with all of them before) and this sounds just like the (terrible) finish they book with Corbin/Zayn/Joe on NXT.

They do a fatal 4 way with Shield + Triple H, Shield takes out Triple H early with a triple powerbomb, then the rest of the match is a triple threat, with the guarantee of a new champion.

kirblar

You have to get Ambrose in there or people won't be invested. They (should) know this. Ambrose's post-RR promos and handling are different.

The only other option (if you're straight up doing Ambrose/HHH) is Reigns/Undertaker? Maybe?

Kaiterra

Banned
If someone could find me that one Sheamus gif where his head is just off the mat and he looks kinda shifty that'd be swell.

Man the build suuuuuuuuuuuucked but that match was like the embodiment of FNP.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You have to get Ambrose in there or people won't be invested. They (should) know this. Ambrose's post-RR promos and handling are different.

The only other option (if you're straight up doing Ambrose/HHH) is Reigns/Undertaker? Maybe?

Ambrose can just win the Fastlane event outright and Reigns can fight someone else, like Undertaker or Owens or something. Reigns/Taker is an interesting idea actually.

Heel

I just don't see Ambrose on a WrestleMania marquee without the aide of Roman or Brock.

Angry Grimace

Brock beats both Ambrose and Reigns up and as he said, stacks Ambrose on top of Reigns and then goes to pin them and then realizes he fucked up and Ambrose got the pin. A finish almost as dumb as Randy Savage getting eliminated because he forgot you can't get a pinfall in the Royal Rumble.

Also Kalisto/Del Rio is horrible and why are we seeing it for a fifth time? Del Rio doesn't need the belt.

Son Of D

I don't either. You also need to create tension in the main event, and having Roman there does that.

Exactly. The only way I can see Ambrose getting into that main event is if there are shenanigans at Fast Lane that makes it a triple threat. You have the tension of Reigns vs HHH and you also have the tension of Reigns vs Ambrose. Reigns could feel that Ambrose has his back against HHH but in fact he has his own agenda to win the title. Or Reigns could even say that Ambrose will just get in the way of him beating HHH.

That way you could have a short feud between Reigns and Ambrose over the title at Extreme Rules and Payback. Rollins, who should have returned by then, will demand that he gets title matches to reclaim the belt he never lost so MITB and Battleground will be Rollins vs the champion. Then in the build to Summerslam all three of them start butting heads and it leads to Reigns/Rollins/Ambrose at Summerslam for the title.

Yeah I know the Shield triple threat is a Mania-level match but could you see WWE waiting a year to do that? Unless they do a slow build towards it. Plus if they're pushing Summerslam as a bigger event than usual, that kind of match can help out.

Kaladin

Imagine a WWE if Brock Lesnar had never lost his title to Seth Rollins and he was still reigning, defending undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Champion even after taking 29 other guys to suplex city in the Rumble.

We'd have killer ratings.

kirblar

I think the Shield Triple Threat is pretty dead as a draw now. All the guys are too overexposed, it's been too long since the breakup, and Reigns is still using their damn music.

I just got done watching Legends with JBL and ron simmons i recommend everyone check it out if they havent it was fantastic. I loved how they described there reaction to vince telling them about the APA gimmick "so let me get this straight your gonna pay us to drink beer on tv" lol

Angry Grimace

I think the Shield Triple Threat is pretty dead as a draw now. All the guys are too overexposed, it's been too long since the breakup, and Reigns is still using their damn music.

I'm pretty sure that was where they were going before Rollins got hurt.

Kaladin

I'm pretty sure that was where they were going before Rollins got hurt.

Might be where they're still going. They are keeping Ambrose relevant even though he often feels like a third wheel in the plans, which is often the case when they have to book around injuries. Case in point: the Rusev, Lana, Ziggler feud.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Imagine a WWE if Brock Lesnar had never lost his title to Seth Rollins and he was still reigning, defending undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Champion even after taking 29 other guys to suplex city in the Rumble.

So what you're telling is that this still is Seth's fault, man this guy has done irreparable damage, they should really consider background checks on their hires.

Kaladin

So what you're telling is that this still is Seth's fault, man this guy has done irreparable damage, they should really consider background checks on their hires.

It's all in the booking. They have a once in a lifetime athlete but won't go all in with him. I'm sure it's all about his limited dates, but they can work around that.

He was barely on Raw when he was the champ, so I don't see how having the belt would really help the ratings.

Angry Grimace

You know, there's a lot weird stuff in the WWE world that would have sounded completely ridiculous a few years ago, e.g. Kevin Steen fighting AJ Styles at WrestleMania being an actual thing that could happen. Or the Bullet Club being a faction on Raw. Or El Generico fighting Shinsuke Nakamura on WrestleMania weekend.

And the main event of WrestleMania still more than likely involves Roman Reigns and a 46 year old man who once jobbed to the Ultimate Warrior in a squash match at WrestleMania 12.

Kaladin

You know, there's a lot weird stuff in the WWE world that would have sounded completely ridiculous a few years ago, e.g. Kevin Steen fighting AJ Styles at WrestleMania being an actual thing that could happen

I love the fact that even in 2k16, I can build an elimination chamber match of Ring of Honor alumni.

You know, there's a lot weird stuff in the WWE world that would have sounded completely ridiculous a few years ago, e.g. Kevin Steen fighting AJ Styles at WrestleMania being an actual thing that could happen

it's basically just a wrestlecon match that will be happening in the stadium instead of in a warehouse in front of a handful of people and drunk Brian Christopher

Chopper

The thing that fucks me off most about Ambrose is the fact they call him the "lunatic fringe". I mean, that doesn't even make sense. How can a person be a fringe?

Also, there's no way he'll be in the Mania main event. I'd rather see the IC belt get defended anyway.

Are we agreed that the main event will just be Reigns/HHH?

Kaladin

The thing that fucks me off most about Ambrose is the fact they call him the "lunatic fringe". I mean, that doesn't even make sense. How can a person be a fringe?

Also, there's no way he'll be in the Mania main event. I'd rather see the IC belt get defended anyway.

I think the idea is that he's on the verge of being insane. But we're in the wacky, crazy world of russlin', why not just go full blown mad? Lunatic fringe is kinda boring.

Angry Grimace

Its a line Teddy Roosevelt coined.

And no I don't agree that is going to be the card at all. There isn't any reason for Ambrose to be on the card at Fastlane otherwise because it will just get Roman booed even more.

Kaiterra

Banned
Not until Dean or WWE Creative let the Ambrose character come to life just a tad more. They really need to let him dig deep into that character and give him some motivation/backstory. Right now it's just Cole going off on how nothing makes sense and that he's a lunatic. Just a little peek into that character and he's golden from a promotional standpoint. People need to get behind a character they can relate to.

The bolded here is what's most sorely missing from so many of WWE's characters. I feel like they don't gone as deep there as they could because they're even still having a really hard time trying to decide how much of the veil to lift when presenting each character.

Chopper

Its a line Teddy Roosevelt coined.

And no I don't agree that is going to be the card at all. There isn't any reason for Ambrose to be on the card at Fastlane otherwise because it will just get Roman booed even more.
Oh, I know the term. It just doesn't make any sense in the context that they use it. If they said he was "on the lunatic fringe" I'd get it.

So, what? It'll be a triple threat, or HHH vs Ambrose? Surely not.

Heel

Oh, I know the term. It just doesn't make any sense in the context that they use it. If they said he was "on the lunatic fringe" I'd get it.

So, what? It'll be a triple threat, or HHH vs Ambrose? Surely not.

Perhaps it refers to his hair.

Top Bottom