• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Did anyone else feel like Reigns was much more entertaining and enjoyable in the tag role last night over the typical singles we've been seeing?

I think Ambrose is going to end up being the next babyface. The crowd is just so into him, corny and lame moves and all.

yuraya

Are we agreed that the main event will just be Reigns/HHH?

Elimination chamber match between Ambrose/Lesnar/Reigns/HHH/Wyatt/Undertaker

or Fatal four way Elimination match between HHH/Ambrose/Lesnar/Reigns like from Wrestlemania 2000.

or Triple threat between HHH/Lesnar/Reigns for the tile.

Any of those would save the main event and make the show somewhat decent. Fastlane would have to end on some stupid controversy tho.

If they go with Reigns vs HHH it would be a disaster. Probably be the worst Mania of all time. Vince needs to put Lesnar in the main event.

Kaladin

Whatever the Mania main event ends up being, I think there is one thing we can all agree on:

There will be shenanigans in the Fast Lane main event.

UberTag

Its a line Teddy Roosevelt coined.

And no I don't agree that is going to be the card at all. There isn't any reason for Ambrose to be on the card at Fastlane otherwise because it will just get Roman booed even more.
They've made countless flawed decisions in Roman's booking that have served to do the opposite of making him look strong up until now. Why do you think this mid-tier network special is anything different?

They put Ambrose in the match to take the pin so neither Reigns or Lesnar would have to take the loss prior to their run to WrestleMania as Face #1 and Face #2. That's all it is. Not rocket science in the least. Will Reigns get booed even more in that match? Absolutely. Just as he will at Mania and the following night. It won't matter. They'll just be happy he's getting some kind of reaction.

If they go with Reigns vs HHH it would be a disaster. Probably be the worst Mania of all time. Vince needs to put Lesnar in the main event.
We're getting Triple H vs. Reigns, Lesnar vs. Wyatt and Undertaker vs. Strowman at the biggest WrestleMania of all-time. We just have to get used to the fact that the card will be complete ass and accept it. They'll throw Dwayne and Austin into the main event to get some pops. It's all good.

anybody else here kinda bored of Dean Ambrose's gimmick? he had a pretty sweet promo with brock but the commentators really fucked it all up, kind of making me not like the guy. dude does some corny twitch and then you get back to back comments like "whoa..did you see that" "I tell you what i wouldn't want to be in the same room as that lunatic" etc. etc.

man i really just want brock to win that triple threat. either that or get the shield gawd seth rollins to have a surprise wrestlemania event over the other 2 lames.

also man AJ Styles is an incredible worker. His 2 matches at WWE have been pretty standard but he really makes those flying clotheslines look like they hurt really bad. hell, that standard beatdown on miz actually looked like he was wailing on his face badly. the dude is well worth the hype imo.

also this is more about last week's raw but god damn New Day was exactly what the Rock needed to bring him back to his better times. That whole segment was hilarious, been waiting on a promo between them and it didn't disappoint, and that off the script moment probably gave mcmahon a heart attack lmao.

Why's everyone talking about Mania's main event

You should instead be talking about how Vince allegedly (PWInsider after all) is torn between having Strowman fight Taker at Mania or having Strowman fight Brock at Mania

We finally getting a new star :')))

Kaiterra

Banned
There's only been one true Lunatic Fringe in WWE:

40003_01_lg.jpg

Colocho

Banned
A few weeks before the rumble Bray said "Anyone but you Roman, anyone but you" and now he's gonna interfere in the Fastlane main event and take out Lesnar helping Reigns win in the process. Makes perfect sense.

SD

* Kevin Owens vs. WWE United States Champion Kalisto in a non-title match is next, with Dolph Ziggler on commentary. Kalisto gets the win with an assist from Ziggler.

ahahahahahhahahahaahah

MG310

He's almost definitely trolling with that but it'd be an improvement. He has that ridiculous build and he hides it behind a singlet except for the last 10 seconds of a match.

UberTag

A few weeks before the rumble Bray said "Anyone but you Roman, anyone but you" and now he's gonna interfere in the Fastlane main event and take out Lesnar helping Reigns win in the process. Makes perfect sense.
WWE's Creative team already forgot about that promo. Makes as much sense as Roman being inserted into this match up by the Authority in the first place.

SD

* Kevin Owens vs. WWE United States Champion Kalisto in a non-title match is next, with Dolph Ziggler on commentary. Kalisto gets the win with an assist from Ziggler.

ahahahahahhahahahaahah
This fucking company
No surprises there. Not a single solitary person is being built up in that program.

Anth0ny

SD

ahahahahahhahahahaahah

... They've probably given up on him. Not surprised if that's the case.

kirblar

SD

ahahahahahhahahahaahah
Booked themselves into a corner, of course they had a BS ending.

somedevil

... They've probably given up on him. Not surprised if that's the case.

More like booked themselves in a corner and he forgot this part after the match
After the match, Owens lays Ziggler and Kalisto out

You know he is going to beat Ziggler at fastlane right?

UberTag

scust. he was fucking killing it all the way to the rumble. why the sudden shit bookings for this guy?
He was getting too credible. Have to bury him now so that fans aren't screaming from the rafters for a title program against Reigns after Mania. They clearly have other plans in mind.

You know he is going to beat Ziggler at fastlane right?
This is also true. 50/50 in a nutshell. They'll all be involved in some schmoz of a match at Mania.

MG310

Feels a bit like they might be worried about having viable faces for Mania matches so even Ziggler is getting wins.

Dolph will be back in his place in like 2 weeks

hamchan

Did anyone else feel like Reigns was much more entertaining and enjoyable in the tag role last night over the typical singles we've been seeing?

I think Ambrose is going to end up being the next babyface. The crowd is just so into him, corny and lame moves and all.

Reigns had a funny face watching Ambrose getting spanked by Big E.

UberTag

There's no way you can spin "50/50 feud with Dolph Ziggler in 2016" as a positive. I'm sorry.
Remember how over Kofi Kingston got after his endless stream of singles matches trading wins with Ziggler for three straight years?

Agreed, AJ has to bake in the WWE oven for a bit, get to know the cameras, the rules and regulations, how to take all that and make a match so the two talents involved are not wasted. It's a different beast and I think at times we underestimate that because we harbor resentment towards their creative process.
He should have had some time in NXT with the rest of the new recruits. Because nothing is more important to the WWE than their talent learning how to wrestle the WWE way.

That said, Miz is a much better opponent for him than Jericho.

somedevil

He still might.

It looks like they are trying to heat AJ up first before doing a proper feud.

Very smart

Well in his match his with Miz:

He won with the calf killer. So I guess the miz didn't want to take the clash. The big thing is someone said the match was 4 stars.

There's no way you can spin "50/50 feud with Dolph Ziggler in 2016" as a positive. I'm sorry.

Its not positive. Its just WWE got stuck in a corner with coming up with an inbetween feud for Owens. So they choose Ziggler and thought the only way to book him credible is to give him a win after he lost the week before to him. So they are going with the 2-1 feud win .

RBH

Smackdown spoiler regarding AJ/Miz:

* AJ Styles vs. The Miz with Chris Jericho watching from ringside is next. Styles wins a great match by submission with the Calf Killer. Jericho cuts a promo after the match. AJ/Jericho rematch on Smackdown next week.

Remember how over Kofi Kingston got after his endless stream of singles matches trading wins with Ziggler for three straight years?

I'm glad he's already went on record saying he's retired the second New Day's inevitably broken up

He's seen how things are when you're not one of the 4 guys they actually regularly plan for, and he's not going back to that now that he's on the first thing in years that actually took off. I like when wrestlers acknowledge how they're treated (mistreated really), and I wish more were that up-front about stuff

Which reminds me to ask (thanks btw): Why did they insert AJ in RAW and Nakamura in NXT?

Nakamura's not sticking around in NXT, they just had nothing in mind for him to do on Mania so the next best thing is big match days before (forgot what day NXT's show was, thanks for the correction Zach. Also, you're fucking lucky, that's going to be a hell of a show and I hope you enjoy it!)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm glad he's already went on record saying he's retired the second New Day's inevitably broken up

He's seen how things are when you're not one of the 4 guys they actually regularly plan for, and he's not going back to that now that he's on the first thing in years that actually took off. I like when wrestlers acknowledge how they're treated (mistreated really), and I wish more were that up-front about stuff

The light returning to his eyes early last year as the New Day started to form was really great to see.

UberTag

They announced on Smackdown next week Lesnar will be there and they are doing the Styles vs Jericho rematch.
Styles is clearly being given that "wrestles his important matches on SmackDown" schtick that D.Brine was earmarked for before getting retired. Having Ranallo call those matches should help make them seem that much more special.

Top Bottom