• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

JavyOO7

Wanted to write some quick thoughts to you guys but there was no OT since it was locked... glad its open again now. :)

Me and a buddy went to Royal Rumble. We thought it was going to be a stinker but it was pretty fun live with a good amount of hardcore fans there cheering loudly. The AJ entrance was great, Owens eliminating AJ had tremendous boos towards Owens, and then Sami making his entrance blew the roof off the arena... and then it happened again when he eliminated Owens. Seeing Lesnar live was great, especially running across the ring and hitting Strowman with jumping knees over and over. Ending was great because I'm a huge Dean Ambrose mark, sad that he lost, but hopefully creative throws a curveball at me and has him win the main event to Fast Lane. 1 percent chance that happens, but... I'll hope.

I wouldn't mind going to another WWE PPV. But me and my buddy really want to go to a Takeover event next.

Byron fucking sucks. He wasn't even good on fucking NXT with no Vince and Dunn in his ear.

There is no fucking reason why he even needs to be there. He ads absolutely nothing to commentary and has the personality of a wet blanket.

I wasn't watching wrestling when Byron was a competitor in NXT, but I just find it so strange that a former competitor, who played a heel no less, would turn around and be such a passive and timid announcer.

Where is this Byron Saxton at?

Granted I've only seen the YouTube clip of Styles' match on SmackDown, but he seems a heel like Michael Cole was a heel, going on about how outside of WWE doesn't matter and BIG LEAGUES™

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wanted to write some quick thoughts to you guys but there was no OT since it was locked... glad its open again now. :)

Me and a buddy went to Royal Rumble. We thought it was going to be a stinker but it was pretty fun live with a good amount of hardcore fans there cheering loudly. The AJ entrance was great, Owens eliminating AJ had tremendous boos towards Owens, and then Sami making his entrance blew the roof off the arena... and then it happened again when he eliminated Owens. Seeing Lesnar live was great, especially running across the ring and hitting Strowman with jumping knees over and over. Ending was great because I'm a huge Dean Ambrose mark, sad that he lost, but hopefully creative throws a curveball at me and has him win the main event to Fast Lane. 1 percent chance that happens, but... I'll hope.

I wouldn't mind going to another WWE PPV. But me and my buddy really want to go to a Takeover event next.

I don't think it's a 1% chance that he wins at all - I'm thinking he will (although obviously I won't be surprised if Reigns just wins as popularly expected). Ambrose is in fact popular enough to headline WrestleMania and its being set up in a way that the only thing that makes it implausible is Vince's purported boner for Roman Reigns. But a lot of the booking decisions are almost nonsensical if they just throw Reigns in again - e.g. if they want to get Reigns over, they stand to gain nothing by booking Dean Ambrose in the match, and there was no reason to throw the title back on Reigns in between TLC and the Royal Rumble. Now, you can chalk that up to "WWE makes dumb booking decisions" which happens a lot, but my feeling is that they're extremely leery of ending WM in a way that pisses people off.

Menome

I say Reigns and Ambrose realise they stand no chance against Brock, so they work together and joint-pin him to lead to a triple-threat at Wrestlemania. Vince can say "Look, I pushed Ambrose, so shut up" and Reigns still walks away with the title.

Heroman

Banned
I say Reigns and Ambrose realise they stand no chance against Brock, so they work together and joint-pin him to lead to a triple-threat at Wrestlemania. Vince can say "Look, I pushed Ambrose, so shut up" and Reigns still walks away with the title.
Is a double pin even legal?

Anth0ny

I don't think it's a 1% chance that he wins at all - I'm thinking he will (although obviously I won't be surprised if Reigns just wins as popularly expected). Ambrose is in fact popular enough to headline WrestleMania and its being set up in a way that the only thing that makes it implausible is Vince's purported boner for Roman Reigns. But a lot of the booking decisions are almost nonsensical if they just throw Reigns in again - e.g. if they want to get Reigns over, they stand to gain nothing by booking Dean Ambrose in the match, and there was no reason to throw the title back on Reigns in between TLC and the Royal Rumble. Now, you can chalk that up to "WWE makes dumb booking decisions" which happens a lot, but my feeling is that they're extremely leery of ending WM in a way that pisses people off.

You're right, there's a 0% chance he wins.

Reigns vs. HHH is happening with Roman winning the title standing victorious at the end of the show. It's guaranteed. WWE doesn't give a fuck if he's booed, it's what they want.

Ambrose will be a part of the inevitable 6 man IC title match.

Menome

Is a double pin even legal?

I'll spoiler as it's less than a week old, but on NXT
Sami Zayn and Samoa Joe got a double-submission on Baron Corbin. The bell rang and Regal is "reviewing the tape".
We'll find out this week if that possibly sets some kind of precedent.

shanafan

You're right, there's a 0% chance he wins.

Reigns vs. HHH is happening with Roman winning the title standing victorious at the end of the show. It's guaranteed. WWE doesn't give a fuck if he's booed, it's what they want.

Ambrose will be a part of the inevitable 6 man IC title match.

I wouldn't say that is guaranteed.

RBH

For those of you who have the WWE Network, they've added new episodes of WCW Nitro, up until August 1999.

One episode that's a must-watch is 4/26/99, solely for Sting vs. DDP. One of the greatest matches in WCW Nitro history.

You and I are similar. My girlfriend and I went up for the night and had so much fun we went to raw the next day which was also great. I loved how loud the crowd got when the word phenomenal appeared on screen. I'm thinking about splurging and paying the expensive price for nxt and getting something cheap for Wrestlemania. What are the chances the price goes up before going down?

Kaladin

From late 96-early 97, Sid was the best in the business.

The very best.

I just finished Mind Games '96 in my classic WWF rewatch. Even with Taker and Mankind getting shit hot at this stage, Sid is god. He's kind of ruling the mid-card now, but I'm counting down the days till he beats HBK for the belt.

For those of you who have the WWE Network, they've added new episodes of WCW Nitro, up until August 1999.

One episode that's a must-watch is 4/26/99, solely for Sting vs. DDP. One of the greatest matches in WCW Nitro history.
Looks like I need to subscribe to the Network again.

Did they ever fix the buffering issues on old content or is it still bad?

Anth0ny

I wouldn't say that is guaranteed.

come on guys

in their mind, Roman is the biggest, non-injured star on the roster. HHH is the current champ, and there's been a storyline going on between the two for months now.

it's happening (barring an injury to Roman or HHH). Roman goes over, with Rock in his corner. Rock probably does the people's elbow to Vince or something, huge pop, then raises Roman's hand in victory... and quickly lowers it and bails when the boos start raining in.

Mahonay

Banned
Oh shit, it's alive

Watching WCW Starrcade 91': Battle Bowl - The Lethal Lottery in preparation for the next TLF episode. Wrestlers qualify for the Battle Bowl by competing in 10 tag matches. The teammates for each tag team are randomly drawn in a lottery. An interesting but overly complicated concept in typical WCW fashion.

First up:
Marcus Bagwell and Jimmy Garvin vs Tracy Smothers and Michael Hayes.

It's been surprisingly decent. As much as I hate the concept of The Fabulous Freebirds, both guys are fantastic workers. Them having to face each other at certain points makes the match. Also Bagwell is super athletic at this point even though he's green as fuck.

Oh fuck, Stunning Steve Austin and Ravishing Rick Rude just got teamed together. Wonder if this was when they were traveling together.

1) Hello all

2) Fuck Daniel Bryan

3) Hope Bret makes a full recovery, but it doesn't sound good. This sucks

4 and most importantly) All hail DM

Son Of D

It's official

CaJJ9h8UEAA8IyB.jpg

Still need to watch season 1. In fact what's the best way to do so in the UK?

Also in TNA news crosspost with injury news:

Kurt got concussed Friday
Davey got concussed Friday
Mandrews nearly got concussed Saturday
Davey hurt his leg Sunday

Goto added to the ROH show

*MAIN EVENT*
TRIPLE THREAT ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini vs Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly

The Briscoes vs Hiroshi Tanahashi & "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin

SIGNED TO APPEAR
ROH WORLD TV CHAMPION RODERICK STRONG
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS WAR MACHINE

NEW JAPAN PRO-WRESTLING STARS
IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION KAZUCHIKA OKADA W/ GEDO
HIROSHI TANAHASHI
IWGP JR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION KUSHIDA
HIROOKI GOTO
TOMOHIRO ISHII

Browny

Banned
Kong got sent home before the final taping.

It really seems like WWE dodged a PR bullet there.
By not having anything to do with
Reby Sky
?

Obviously anything to do with TNA is a joke at the moment, looking at the spoilers...

Mahonay

Banned
Apparently tried to choke someone out back stage
That's the joke.

She choked Reby Sky.

From the story I read, apparently Kong assaulted Reby Sky over some years old shoot interview / twitter war heat. They also say her and Matt's son was nearby.
Kong was also pissed Reby was changing in the locker room.

Kong in early running for carney of the year.

Top Bottom