• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

KissVibes

Banned
You guys ever think that Vince would knife fight someone to the death if he could do it live on TV? Him and Ted Turner in a cage, scrambling for some rusty old combat knife Vince got from a homeless veteran back in the 1980s. Vince grabbing hold of the blade, wildly swinging his arms at Turner and screaming, "COME ON TEDDY, PUT ME OUT OF BUSINESS PERMANENTLY."

I think about this a lot.

Mahonay

Banned
You guys ever think that Vince would knife fight someone to the death if he could do it live on TV? Him and Ted Turner in a cage, scrambling for some rusty old combat knife Vince got from a homeless veteran back in the 1980s. Vince grabbing hold of the blade, wildly swinging his arms at Turner and screaming, "COME ON TEDDY, PUT ME OUT OF BUSINESS PERMANENTLY."

Vince has this dream every Sunday night before RAW.

Undertaker/Lesnar and Vince/Dana at WM 27.

Ahhh, what could have been....
They would've needed more seats for those matches

I always visually imagine these posts, this one is probably one of the best ever.

He wrestled Kofi on a plane that was midflight, and publicly said he was sad his stepdad died before he could kill him personally. You shouldn't rule out Vince doing anything

Wait so JR said Hunter is wrestling multiple live events before WM? Is this true? I thought it would just be the March to Mania? What if his quad gives out?

You guys ever think that Vince would knife fight someone to the death if he could do it live on TV? Him and Ted Turner in a cage, scrambling for some rusty old combat knife Vince got from a homeless veteran back in the 1980s. Vince grabbing hold of the blade, wildly swinging his arms at Turner and screaming, "COME ON TEDDY YOU FUCK, PUT ME OUT OF BUSINESS FUCKING PERMANENTLY, YOU CUNT."

Fixed based on last week's Raw.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Ryback Botching a heel turn haha

fDED1nK.gif

Really, really great article on Bleacher Report about how myopic smarks are because they don't even realize what they're doing to themselves: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ns-to-mcmahon-epidemic-and-own-indecisiveness

Some highlights:

Yes, YES. This is how I've been feeling as I get more and more back into this. It's why I always ask things like "why are people getting excited about Taker/Sting/HHH/whoever" as possible matches?

The WWE is clearly trying to bring new talent up and in, but it seems like people only want the same old crap.

I wonder if Russo ever knew about him. If he did, I can't believe he didn't try an angle during the attitude era. I mean, Rod McMahon. The jokes practically write themselves.
The first mention of him was during "The other power" storyline. Reading around a bit, it seems like he just isn't really into the whole wrestling business.

The first mention of him was during "The other power" storyline. Reading around a bit, it seems like he just isn't really into the whole wrestling business.
And he was supposed to show up during the limo explosion but... Christjust has the worst timing, doesn't he?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't think it's too late to add The Genetic Jackhammer vs. The Rod of Destiny for WM 32.

Mahonay

Banned
Yes, YES. This is how I've been feeling as I get more and more back into this. It's why I always ask things like "why are people getting excited about Taker/Sting/HHH/whoever" as possible matches?

The WWE is clearly trying to bring new talent up and in, but it seems like people only want the same old crap.
I think a lot of is people associating old talent with a product that was a lot more exciting. Meanwhile much of the new talent is presented in the same exact way, every single Monday, year around. Considering this, it's hardly surprising to me to see HHH getting over with relative ease, while at the same time an all-in push with Roman is struggling dearly.

Also, any talent that's not in the ring weekly is seemingly more over simply by not being a part of the regularly active roster, since they have not had the chance to be ruined by the weekly booking on RAW. Meltz has said this and I very much agree.

Big Show and Kane are from The Attitude Era, but they've been driven into the ground every week for the past 15 years.

I don't know how you could possibly have the Bulletproof Balor Club without the guy who actually wears a Bulletproof vest on a regular basis.

Don't try to deny it. Reigns, Ballor, Gallows, and Anderson. Drink it in.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't know how you could possibly have the Bulletproof Balor Club without the guy who actually wears a Bulletproof vest on a regular basis.

Don't try to deny it. Reigns, Ballor, Gallows, and Anderson. Drink it in.
If they call Finn's group BBC, they messed up more than when they went with The Submission Sorority.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Undertaker did some of biggest heel runs while speaking very little.

Also he was pretty bad on the mic.

Undertaker had two of the best mouthpieces in the WWE at the time speaking for him(Bearer and Vince)

and then I'd say his best heel run, subjectively, he did his most promo cutting as Big Evil.

I think a lot of is people associating old talent with a product that was a lot more exciting. Meanwhile much of the new talent is presented in the same exact way, every single Monday, year around. Considering this, it's hardly surprising to me to see HHH getting over with relative ease, while at the same time an all-in push with Roman is struggling dearly.

Also, any talent that's not in the ring weekly is seemingly more over simply by not being a part of the regularly active roster, since they have not had the chance to be ruined by the weekly booking on RAW. Meltz has said this and I very much agree.

Big Show and Kane are from The Attitude Era, but they've been driven into the ground every week for the past 15 years.

Kane's 5 consecutive weeks off during the Seth feud was more time off than Bray's had from TV ever. #GOATKane #GoodManKane #ThereIsKane

He wrestled Kofi on a plane that was midflight, and publicly said he was sad his stepdad died before he could kill him personally. You shouldn't rule out Vince doing anything

WWF was close to going bankrupt in November 1997. I'm pretty sure Vince would have killed himself before letting Eric Bischoff become his boss.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Top Bottom