• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

I think a lot of is people associating old talent with a product that was a lot more exciting. Meanwhile much of the new talent is presented in the same exact way, every single Monday, year around. Considering this, it's hardly surprising to me to see HHH getting over with relative ease, while at the same time an all-in push with Roman is struggling dearly.

Also, any talent that's not in the ring weekly is seemingly more over simply by not being a part of the regularly active roster, since they have not had the chance to be ruined by the weekly booking on RAW. Meltz has said this and I very much agree.

Big Show and Kane are from The Attitude Era, but they've been driven into the ground every week for the past 15 years.

I don't disagree, but I partially feel like the "smark" crowd can also ruin things because they're booing or whatting just to do it. It can end up creating a bad experience for everyone involved. There's been times where the main event talent has been boring (Diesel or Luger for example) but the mid-card talent made the product worth watching. This isn't working totally, at least IMO, right now because the smarks are just purposely doing things to try and bring everyone down or ruin whatever is happening.

DMczaf

Meltzer had a hilarious story about when Taker/Brock at WM fell apart the first time, Vince suggested to Dana White that THEY have a match at WM. Dana said he couldn't work a match....then Vince offered to do a shoot match with him...Dana still declined.

#Shoot

Fox318

Meltzer had a hilarious story about when Taker/Brock at WM fell apart the first time, Vince suggested to Dana White that THEY have a match at WM. Dana said he couldn't work a match....then Vince offered to do a shoot match with him...Dana still declined.

#Shoot

That was insane.

Vince offered to have a legit fight.

think of the quads

#Shoot
I love how the way this is written makes it seem like a Vince/Dana match was a compromise, like it'd be the less crazy of the two options.

DMczaf

Rvd doesn't fucking age, at all.

rob-van-dam-vs-damien-sandow-sma-620x350.jpg

Hex

Banned
If they call Finn's group BBC, they messed up more than when they went with The Submission Sorority.

Sorry, but I have to think most would think of that little British thing that goes by BBC other than where your mind went.
Not that it is internationally known or anything...

Limit

Really, really great article on Bleacher Report about how myopic smarks are because they don't even realize what they're doing to themselves: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ns-to-mcmahon-epidemic-and-own-indecisiveness

Some highlights:

The article does a job blaming an ever dwindling fanbase instead of critiquing fundamental booking problems with the product itself. Dude is getting shoved down everyone's throats despite the show being about authority keeping him down. Everyone can see the duplicitous nature of Roman's character and story surrounding him, thus the booing. At least Cena, who still gets booed to this day, can talk naturally on the mic and make his feuds more interesting. He doesn't even have that going for him.

Bleacher Report dragged ungrateful fans, Academy got dragged by everyone, Leo and Ennio got their Oscars, and MAD MAX RULED OVER ALL

A great day for justice, a great day for me, a great day for you too hopefully unless you're an ungrateful fan who loves the Academy and bad films <3

Watching some old episodes of King of the Hill, and damn Bobby and Kahn Jr. Connie put on a damn good wrestling match. I was especially a fan of the zombification spot.

Oersted

Watching some old episodes of King of the Hill, and damn Bobby and Kahn Jr. Connie put on a damn good wrestling match. I was especially a fan of the zombification spot.

Fun fact, for the old character layout responsible was Brenda Banks, who also did animation on the 70ties Lord of the Rings.

After King of the Hill, she simply disappeared.

... I'm feeling the itch for a new wrasslin' game with WWE 2K16 coming out on PC next month I feel tempted to buy it cheap. But then I remember it's a 2K/Yuke's buggy shitfest. :( People talk about how much it sucks about how there's no legit competition for sports games but IMO wrestling games are even worse since we started to only get WWE games with Yuke's behind them.

Top Bottom