• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie OD

I've not watched NXT so can someone please explain what Emma's gimmick is supposed to be?

And what is supposed to be entertaining about it?

Bad dancer who thinks she's awesome. NXT fans like her because she's clearly having fun with it. Also because cute Australian women are great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bad dancer who thinks she's awesome. NXT fans like her because she's clearly having fun with it. Also because cute Australian women are great.

thought she was british. I can't tell the difference.

Batigol

Banned
Sorry .. reading your posts .. then see your avatar and keep spitting up my water .. everytime

borVy.gif

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
This isn't 2003-2004 when Triple H was at his worst. He part time right facing a guy that can't be buried. They want all the fans chanting Yes so Triple H isn't winning unless they won't a full out revolt 1000 times worse than the Rumble.

Finger poke of doom 2.0

New Orleans burns to the ground

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
So it just occurred to me that if they wanted to have HHH vs Bryan to be the main event, they already have a built in saving throw.

Steph:"My husband, Triple H, is too big to fight unless he is the Main event of Wrestlemania"

ni2ZXh9.gif

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Let's reminisce! When did WWE break your spirit?
I think they broke mine when HHH won the elimination chamber with a sledge hammer. I was 12 at the time and remember getting home from the PPV and writing an email to the WWE and asking them to please stop the HHH madness.

somedevil

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

I believe in reality. The reality of the situation is that they want all the fans to chant yes at the stadium and a Triple H win isn't going to do that.

Also, they have to be insane to give the Triple H the win. If that happens New Orleans is going to burn and the Raw on Monday is going to be close to being a riot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think they broke mine when HHH won the elimination chamber with a sledge hammer. I was 12 at the time and remember getting home from the PPV and writing an email to the WWE and asking them to please stop the HHH madness.

TblUvzd.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

John Cena winning the rumble is the thing that made me start missing episodes of RAW frequently.

Aiii

So not worth it
I believe in reality. The reality of the situation is that they want all the fans to chant yes at the stadium and a Triple H win isn't going to do that.

No they don't, they want you to cheer for Batista and adore Hunter for the greatest WWE superstar ever that he knows he is.

There is no other endgame than to bury Bryan and push Batista.

Please remember that Bryan was supposed to be fighting Sheamus on this PPV, only because Punk quit does Trips deem Bryan worthy of facing him, does that sounds like a guy willing to do a job to his second choice to you?

Don't kid yourself, it'll only end in disappointment.

Scottify

I hate to pile on the HHHate train, but I don't think he'll rest until the fans believe he's better than HBK. I expect to keep 'part time' wrestling forever.

i cry everytim

It should also be noted that this was also the main event of the Night of Champions PPV.

Lets not forget that Triple H saw that he main event a PPV which entire gimmick and branding is about defending the championship belts in a non title match just so he could bury the next hot superstar when he was the most over with the fans and the main stream media.

Bryan is going to job so hard at Mania Al Snow is going to feel bad for the guy

Carnby

Maybe because all of it was practiced and choreographed and not called in the ring at all?

Is that really that big of a deal?

WWE still rehearses matches. A few years ago, I got the opportunity to watch a Smack Down rehearsal. They stood in the ring, reading their scripts, and when the motions on big bumps. It was cool to see.

Is that really that big of a deal?

WWE still rehearses matches. A few years ago, I got the opportunity to watch a Smack Down rehearsal. They stood in the ring, reading their scripts, and when the motions on big bumps. It was cool to see.

By choreographed, they mean every single little thing was planned to the letter. Meticulously detailed. Macho was crazy!

OK, having thought about this, I'm fully on-board the cynicism train. Here's how I think it will play out:

Knowing WWE, Bryan will NOT be in the main event at WM.
He'll pick up the title a few PPVs afterwards and headline a few minor league PPVs.
He'll then drop the title as they'll blame him for shit sell rates and bring back Orton or Cena for Summer Slam. When people complain they'll say look at the PPVs he headlined compared to those headlined by Orton and say he can't draw.

Into

lol @ Meltzer saying "Of course Triple H is going to put Bryan over at WM! It doesn't make any logical sense for Triple H to go over at WM!"

Because logic means anything to Triple H?

At times it feels like Meltzer cannot really say what he wants to say. Both him and Alvarez try their best not to criticize the powers at WWE, they will tear The Miz or Dolph a new asshole every week but when it comes to McMahons and Hunter they are treated very much with gloves.

I do not see Hunter putting Bryan over at Mania, the irony is that a match with Bryan would garner more heat and interest at the stadium than the Y2J match and Orton match at the 2 main event Mania's combined 10 times over.

If his best friend is Mr Wrestlemania, then Trips is the opposite, i can only recall a few good matches, such as the Triple Threat match and the Taker matches, most of the other matches were meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom