• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

-- Batista will cut a promo on SmackDown this week telling the world what he really thinks. It's being billed as "Batista Unlashed & Uncensored."

Aw yeah
This is great because Smackdown is taped so they can do multiple takes when Batista inevitably eats his own tongue while trying to talk.

DMczaf

Eva Marie, who's becoming more and more popular with WWE fans

jGOXhA1jSl6wT.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just give everyone what they want and bring back Brotista.

Nameless

Real talk: That's going to be the best match of the night.

He's always been the worst wrestler and Dean just got hotter than him in the past couple of months, we'll be fine.

I'm conflicted on this. On one hand I don't want to see a Shield break up just yet. On the other Ambrose is the best example of a total package(look, mic work, ring work) in the company right now. I'd love to see him shine solo as a slimey, leather jacket wearing sociopath.

Also a Shield triple threat match would instantly become the most compelling match on the WM card.

Showaddy

This is great because Smackdown is taped so they can do multiple takes when Batista inevitably eats his own tongue while trying to talk.

I know he'd just wrestled (and I use the term loosely) but even I was shocked at how gassed he was trying to cut that promo.

Sephzilla

Okay so I'm watching the TV broadcast of Raw last night.

Yeah, crowd muting was in full effect for Batista's entrance last night. The TV show makes it sound like we were quiet, we were not.

bigkrev

Meltzer: I've been talking to people who do it for UFC and it's the same thing. It's not like you just push a button and it's there. It's a process.

Alvarez: Especially when you have to edit out "Antonio" whenever Cesaro comes to the ring.

Meltzer: Well, they're not going to do that but... <chuckles>

Alvarez: Actually, they did on the NXT show.

Meltzer: <incredulous pause> Did they?

Alvarez: Yeah!

Meltzer: The last NXT show I saw they were still calling Cesaro "Antonio".

Alvarez: Well, apparently the one that's up on the Network, the "Antonio" has been edited off.

Meltzer: Well, I didn't watch it on the Network. I watched it on Hulu. So that's different. But if they put it on the Network and ...

They EDITED out "Antonio"?!? <sigh> Oh god. That is ... I mean, it's like I get it but, I mean, of all the things to worry about. I mean, seriously. That's ... oh my god. It's like they worry about ... like... like... they've got a WrestleMania championship match nobody wants to see and they're spending their time editing "Antonio" out of an NXT show that nobody watches? Oh my god.

Holy shit. If there is anything that sums up all the issues in WWE better than this, I'd love to see it

jmdajr

Okay so I'm watching the TV broadcast of Raw last night.

Yeah, crowd muting was in full effect for Batista's entrance last night. The TV show makes it sound like we were quiet, we were not.

At the same time Randy acknowledges Batista is being booed. So.. can't say.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mania 1 is tough to get through Lin. There's almost only good things ahead. Almost...there's plenty of stinkers. Like Mania 2 :/

I should also point out that the entrance music for Batista was noticeably louder than everyone else last night.

Every time I see Batista live his pyro gives me a goddamn headache, instantly.

jred2k

These threads having been moving fast, so I may have missed if it was mentioned, but Christmas Bounty has gone up on Netflix. It's never too late to too early to get in to the holiday spirit with your pal Miz!

mizs-special-christmas-bounty-wwe-inbox-episode-97-620x350.jpg

Scottify

This photo cracks me up. Heenan's face just seems like he's thnking, "I can't believe I rode out on an elephant and am wearing this damn toga."

Zn9GR4Q.jpg

These threads having been moving fast, so I may have missed if it was mentioned, but Christmas Bounty has gone up on Netflix. It's never too late to too early to get in to the holiday spirit with your pal Miz!

mizs-special-christmas-bounty-wwe-inbox-episode-97-620x350.jpg

How did Vince ever think this dude was main event material...

Hey WrestleGAF Wii-U owners. I'm getting a good tax return and think I might use some of it to get a Wii-U and probably Tropical Freeze. Sound worth it or no?

Do you have friends or loved ones readily available to play local MP with? Have you never owned a Wii before?

If the answer is yes to both, I definitely recommend it. Otherwise, get one under your own discretion.

slit

For those that have the network how much pre Wrestlemania I stuff is there? Any at all? Other than Wrestling Classic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For those that have the network how much pre Wrestlemania I stuff is there? Any at all? Other than Wrestling Classic.

A bit, there'll be more in the future. Probably about 10-20 hours of pre-mania 1 stuff.

Hasney

Have they said when Monday Night Wars is airing? That's my most hyped original content. Really hoping they start from the first Nitro and that they have the balls to shit on the Raws before the attitude era.

Scottify

Have they said when Monday Night Wars is airing? That's my most hyped original content. Really hoping they start from the first Nitro and that they have the balls to shit on the Raws before the attitude era.

Same for me. I had gotten away from wrestling for awhile and Nitro was really what got me back into it around that time. I can't wait to be able to watch those Nitros and Raws in order.

KissVibes

Banned
lol @ Meltzer saying "Of course Triple H is going to put Bryan over at WM! It doesn't make any logical sense for Triple H to go over at WM!"

Because logic means anything to Triple H?

This still pisses me the fuck off so bad. Booker should've won at WM. Should've beat the fuck outta Triple H.

Someone ask that dummy Meltzer what sense it made that Triple H went over CM Punk after Triple H ALSO beat the fuck outta The Miz, R Truth, AND Kevin Nash?

Cagey

Banned

I'm sure there will be some railing on the worst of the Raws before the Attitude Era. It's easier to take a critical look at yourself when you ultimately prevailed in the end. In the various clips talking about the Monday Night War, they've always promoted the strength of WCW early on and the weakness of the WWF product before switching to how awesome WWF became.

It sets the WWF up as the plucky underdog against a billionaire. They can't resist that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom