• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be at the show as well, if you'd like to hang out beforehand or whatever. Shoot me a PM if you want.

Please slap anyone that tries to get a Punk chant going. I really want to enjoy this show and don't want some assholes in the crowd with an objective to hijack NXT's first live show and possibly ruining many people's first viewing of a NXT show

I don't think I have seen a Benoit match since the tragedy. I could have on youtube but never did.

Strange feels.

Same here, really.

I don't have any reason to look back at his stuff anyway. I'll catch the occasional Botchamania footage but that's pretty much it.

Showaddy

This really needs HHH's head & Bryan replacing Prince.

Bhe0woCIMAMnklq.jpg

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Were the Nasty Boys ever good? They may be my least favorite people in the history of everything and I want to make sure that none of their "good stuff" slipped through the cracks before I make that proclamation.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Have the Nasty Boys ever had a good match? They may be my least favorite people in the history of everything and I want to make sure that none of their "good stuff" slipped through the cracks before I make that proclamation.

Shockingly I saw one. It was just a general Wrestling Challenge match from like 91 but it was actually a lot of fun. I was shocked as fuck.

Can't think of one even remotely off the top of my head, yet I'm sure I used to think they were 'cool' when I was a kid. Yet looking back there are/were like 4 other tag teams that pulled off the exact same gimmick 100x better.

Public Enemy
Dudley Boys

OK 2 teams!

Shockingly I saw one. It was just a general Wrestling Challenge match from like 91 but it was actually a lot of fun. I was shocked as fuck.

Ladies & Gentlemen. RIP #legitshook

Hey guys im back for NXT Arrival and Chicago RAW. Dear god what did they do to the NXT theme somebody tell that guy to stop slamming the door during the song.

The network is really amazing they really need to get RAW up at least before the next one airs though :/

strobogo

Banned
GifCam

Stro might know a better way, but since the network doesn't scale the video down when it is minimized, the easiest way is to just capture it full screen, scale the large gif down in another window and capture that.

You can resize with GifCam, but resizing with it starts to cut parts of the picture off. What I did with the NWA shows was gif the player and then open the gifs in whatever browser (IE is probably default for most people when it comes to opening gifs), shrink the page and then gif the gif. It seemed to work out pretty well and looks better than what I did for Wrestlemania gifs, which was try to use a different program to resize/respeed and then another website to do the same.

Those gifs that look super high quality are actually smaller than most of the 1998/1999 gifs I made.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can't think of one even remotely off the top of my head, yet I'm sure I used to think they were 'cool' when I was a kid. Yet looking back there are/were like 4 other tag teams that pulled off the exact same gimmick 100x better.

Public Enemy
Dudley Boys

OK 2 teams!

Ladies & Gentlemen. RIP #legitshook

Public Enemy was NOT NOT NOT better!

Hey guys im back for NXT Arrival and Chicago RAW. Dear god what did they do to the NXT theme somebody tell that guy to stop slamming the door during the song.

The network is really amazing they really need to get RAW up at least before the next one airs though :/

30 days :(

strobogo

Banned
Public Enemy was NOT NOT NOT better!

PE was definitely better in ECW. They're one of those things that worked so well in their home promotion, but didn't really fit anywhere else. I'd imagine it'd be something like Bo Dallas. His gimmick works so well in NXT, but coming up to the main roster exactly the same just wouldn't fit.

PE in ECW were better than Nasty Boys anywhere.

Joeki11a

Banned
Dont like the idea of pushing NXT like a show that matters, I dont want Paige to only be seen there, bring her up already!

Emma looks stupid on Raw doing her stupid dance and the fans not doing it, the fans are sick of Fandagoing they aint doing that
Zapping arms bullcrap she does.

Ithil

Oh yeah they've released Paige's new theme which she'll debut at Arrival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwjezcNV9MM#t=15

Sounds cooler than her old one, she'll definitely be taking this one to the main roster.

They released a bunch of new ones on Itunes.

So they released some new themes on Itunes, and obviously they're up on Youtube already.

Paige's new theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=320Vl2K1C60

Rusev's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZLF5ENWnqc

Eva Marie's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ew7hS6w26Y

Summer Rae's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRzanF4luOY

and they released the full version of Bo's theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIl4e8L_5C4

Were the Nasty Boys ever good? They may be my least favorite people in the history of everything and I want to make sure that none of their "good stuff" slipped through the cracks before I make that proclamation.
Nasty Boys are two of my least favorites ever, they're on Duke the dumpster Droese, Japanese Crush, Sparky Thurman Plugg levels of lameness.

Rusev's theme is really incredible too bad he's a creation just to be squashed by Cena. I kinda wish he kept that dumb skirt thing without he's even more generic hoss monster guy

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Was Heidenreich in the Legion of Doom worse than the Nasty Boys? I must find out if the NB are indeed, the worse thing to happen to this carny ass sport.
No

Scottify

Maybe it's time for a Least-Fave Five of tag teams?

1) The Bushwhackers
2) The New Foundation
3) The Godwinns
4) New Age Outlaws
5) No Limit Soldiers

First thing I saw on the Network last night was Jeff Harvey doing a Swanton on Bubba from the crowd through a table. Right after was the Miss Rumble 2000 segment.

JEEEEEEEEZUS the video quality for these old shows is just something else entirely.

Naturally I NOPED the fuck out when Mae Young's theme hit.

I'll catch Arrival with you guys tonight, but I don't think I'll dig into the Network until Spring Break a week from now.

Good time to be a Wrasslin fan.

Toki767

So they're going to put the title on Emma tonight right? Seems like a thing they'd do where Emma starts appearing on Raw and Smackdown as the NXT Women's Champion.

I also wonder if Neville will win the title. The way they book it it seems like he will, but he seems like he'd be a boring champion.

Sokantish

I don't think they'll have Emma win, then again I haven't been watching NXT lately. I watched two of the episodes they have on the network though. One more to go to get ready for Arrival tonight!

strobogo

Banned
What makes sense to me is PAC to do a bunch of crazy shit off the ladder to impress people, but miss the last move and Bo retains. Bo isn't getting called up soon. I think the match is obviously about being a showcase for PAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom