• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
What makes sense to me is PAC to do a bunch of crazy shit off the ladder to impress people, but miss the last move and Bo retains. Bo isn't getting called up soon. I think the match is obviously about being a showcase for PAC.

He can catch his ear on the ladder when he jumps off and Bo can just casually stroll up the other side to grab the belt while Pac tries to untangle his ear.

Im so behind on NXT at least a couple of months now. I hated sitting through those Hulu ads. Thank you Vince for the Network I wonder if they will eventually start selling commercial time on it

Kaladin

Im so behind on NXT at least a couple of months now. I hated sitting through those Hulu ads. Thank you Vince for the Network I wonder if they will eventually start selling commercial time on it

Yep, I'm behind on NXT as well. I watched the big stuff, but I've missed a lot. Happy to have the Network where I can watch it regularly now.

Scottify

I've never actually watched any episodes of NXT. Do I need to go and watch a couple of old episodes beforehand? The only name on the card I don't recognize is the guy Bo Dallas is wrestling.

Showaddy

Yeah I reckon Bo will retain then drop it to Zayn later.

Paige will definitely retain as Emma's moved up.

Cesaro should beat Zayn but it could go either way.

We'll get a shitty Ascension squash as well, Graves will probably make an appearance and hopefully, hopefully, Kalisto & Soloman Crowe might show up.

Sokantish

I've never actually watched any episodes of NXT. Do I need to go and watch a couple of old episodes beforehand? The only name on the card I don't recognize is the guy Bo Dallas is wrestling.

They have the 3 latest episodes of NXT up and This is NXT on the network. You should watch them!

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I get they were a comedy team, but even as a kid, their voices and the arm-swing thing just bothered me. I guess I'm a bit curmudgeony.

Also...dawg...we just got done determining that the Nasty Boys are the worst thing to ever happen and you go and say that there are at least FIVE teams that are worse than that?

1386862218_1ob5cwc_g9dqe3.gif

5 Inoki slaps for you

strobogo

Banned
Bushwackers were GARBAGE. Internet fans have always said, "yeah, but they were toned down in the WWF and were bloody violent and great as the Sheepherders". That's bullshit. They were just as garbage as the Sheepherders. They were bad at everything.

Ithil

Yeah I reckon Bo will retain then drop it to Zayn later.

Paige will definitely retain as Emma's moved up.

Cesaro should beat Zayn but it could go either way.

We'll get a shitty Ascension squash as well, Graves will probably make an appearance and hopefully, hopefully, Kalisto & Soloman Crowe might show up.

Why should Cesaro beat Zayn? The whole story is Zayn wanting to prove he can beat Cesaro after losing to him last time.

okayfrog

Banned
Paige is definitely retaining. Naomi is set to win the diva's title (and if not her, some other Total Diva) and Emma's already on the main roster. I have no clue how long they're gonna keep Paige in the oven, but someone on another forum mentioned the fact that WWE will have a Raw/Smackdown in England in May and that Paige debuting then makes sense.

I also see Neville winning the title. Bo's been champ a long time and what better way to get people hyped for NXT than by having a title change. Neville is also, sadly, a guy who really cannot make it on the main roster due to his looks and size. Someone else mentioned putting a mask on him, and I do like that, but for the time being I feel like they'll keep him down in Florida with the title. Bo can, uhh... really don't care what Bo does after.

Zayn will beat Cesaro and show up on the main roster soon.

strobogo

Banned
Paige is definitely retaining. Naomi is set to win the diva's title (and if not her, some other Total Diva) and Emma's already on the main roster. I have no clue how long they're gonna keep Paige in the oven, but someone on another forum mentioned the fact that WWE will have a Raw/Smackdown in England in May and that Paige debuting then makes sense.

I also see Neville winning the title. Bo's been champ a long time and what better way to get people hyped for NXT than by having a title change. Neville is also, sadly, a guy who really cannot make it on the main roster due to his looks and size. Someone else mentioned putting a mask on him, and I do like that, but for the time being I feel like they'll keep him down in Florida with the title. Bo can, uhh... really don't care what Bo does after.

Zayn will beat Cesaro and show up on the main roster soon.

Neville can be on the main roster a lot easier than Bo. Neville is a guy you can throw out there really with no gimmick or story and he'll get over just on his crazy movez. Bo needs a lot more work and I don't think his NXT gimmick is going to translate to Raw.

Neville can be on the main roster a lot easier than Bo. Neville is a guy you can throw out there really with no gimmick or story and he'll get over just on his crazy movez. Bo needs a lot more work and I don't think his NXT gimmick is going to translate to Raw.

Booootista is jacking Bo's gimmick

Toki767

The Ascension are going to have a match tonight too. Not a smart move by WWE to book such a boring team on what will be a lot of people's first time watching.

Power and Glory were terrible

The Dicks a complete joke

High Energy what a waste of Owen Hart

The Body Donnas 2 great wrestlers stuck in a horrible gimmick

Kronik yeah not much to say there

Ithil

The Ascension are going to have a match tonight too. Not a smart move by WWE to book such a boring team on what will be a lot of people's first time watching.

To be fair, they're the NXT Tag champs, they should be on the show in that sense.
Unfortunately, they're shitty NXT Tag champs.

Showaddy

Why should Cesaro beat Zayn? The whole story is Zayn wanting to prove he can beat Cesaro after losing to him last time.

I don't think he should and it makes sense within the NXT universe for Zayn to win but I'm just thinking in regards to a lot more people seeing the show, how will it work in regards to Cesaro's current push?

Hasney

If I was booking NXT, I'd have a 4 corner tag match with the Ascension, Usos, Los Matadores and a new team they debut tonight to minimise the Ascensions ring time. Then have the new team pick up the win.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I don't think he should and it makes sense within the NXT universe for Zayn to win but I'm just thinking in regards to a lot more people seeing the show, how will it work in regards to Cesaro's current push?

NXT is a pocket universe, If it doesn't happen on Raw or PPV, it doesn't matter.

okayfrog

Banned

But sadly, that's not what WWE is about nowadays. They're about hyping guys for weeks and then forcing them down the audience's throat. They're not gonna bring up Neville without a plan even though his plan really oughtta be just, "I'm going after a midcard title and I've got the moves to show I deserve a match."

Christ, the card I put together for the WrestleMania All-Star Challenge is full of garbage since I tried to stay away from the usual suspects:

WM1: King Kong Bundy vs. Special Delivery Jones

WM2: Mr. T vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper

WM3: Billy Jack Haynes vs. Hercules Hernandez

WM4: Ricky Steamboat vs. Greg Valentine

WM5: Brainbusters (Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard) vs. Strike Froce (Rick Martel vs. Tito Santana)

WM6: Million Dollar Belt match: Jake Roberts vs. Ted Dibiase

WM7: The Ultimate Warrior vs. Randy Savage

WM8: The Nasty Boys, Repo Man, and The Mountie vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Sgt. Slaughter, Virgil, and The Big Bossman

WM9: The Headshrinkers (Fatu and Samu) vs. The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott Steiner)

WM10: Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart

WM11: Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Lawrence Taylor

WM12: Steve Austin vs. Savio Vega

WM13: The Headbangers vs. The New Blackjacks vs. The Godwinns vs. Furnas & LaFon

WM14: Goldust and Luna vs. Marc Mero and Sable

WM15: Butterbean vs. Bart Gunn

WM16: Terri vs. The Kat

WM17: Vince McMahon vs. Shane McMahon

WM18: The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan

WM19: Cruiserweight Championship match: Matt Hardy vs. Rey Mysterio

WM20: WWE Championship match: Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle

WM21: Women's Championship match: Trish Stratus vs. Christy Hemme

WM22: Mick Foley vs. Edge

WM23: The ECW Originals (The Sandman, Rob Van Dam, Sabu, and Tommy Dreamer) vs. The New Breed (Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von, Matt Striker and Kevin Thorn)

WM24: Floyd Mayweather vs. The Big Show

WM25: Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker

WM26: Batista vs. Umaga

WM27: Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

WM28: World Heavyweight Championship match: Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

WM29: Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

There are some decent matches, and I managed to include some great matches, but there are just some God awful matches too.

somedevil

Neville should never get promo time he's borderline Ezekial/Great Khali/Exhausted Batista on the mic

Well that's is why is in NXT to work on that flaw of his. Its his main weakness that prevents his roster call up. He could get a manager but who would work as his mouthpiece?

Also, its funny Zayn is much better than him and through most of his time in the Indies he only spoke in Spanish and broken English. Guess being around Steen gave him an advantage.

Toki767

I just watched Taker/HHH from WM17.

Maybe it's just me but Taker looked more out of shape for that match than he does present day.

Biker Taker came back after an injury. Plus I guess walking slowly to the ring is a lot better exercise than riding a motorcycle.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Ow! My external occipital protuberance!

Mr. Monsoon, Inoki is striking the zygomatic bone, not the external occipital protuberance, which is located near the occipital lobe at the back of the skull. As a Neurology major, I will not stand for this. I demand you get a new gimmick.

Wrassle court adjourned.

Scottify

Mr. Monsoon, Inoki is striking the zygomatic bone, not the external occipital protuberance, which is located near the occipital lobe at the back of the skull. As a Neurology major, I will not stand for this. I demand you get a new gimmick.

Wrassle court adjourned.

Will you stop?! (Questioning my anatomy knowledge.)

jred2k

A loss won't hurt Cesaro, though. Zayn has been great as a scrappy underdog, and an event like this is the perfect spot for a payoff to that.

ArRIVAL results probably won't even be discussed on the main shows. Cole and JBL will have a couple of lines about what a good show it was and how Cesaro was in a great match and that's it.

strobogo

Banned
Power and Glory were terrible

The Dicks a complete joke

High Energy what a waste of Owen Hart

The Body Donnas 2 great wrestlers stuck in a horrible gimmick

Kronik yeah not much to say there

The Power and The Glory were pretty good, actually. They definitely would have been tag champs a year later or maybe 3 years earlier. Really good example of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

High Energy was fun while it lasted. Koko was massively wasted as an actual in ring talent in the WWF.

If we're talking about terrible tag teams, there is one that stands out: The Harris Brothers. Dudes somehow managed to have runs in WWE, WCW, ECW, and TNA despite having no talent. All because they were big twins.

Scottify

So I'm watching This is NXT, thanks Sokantish, and now is a Bo interview. I thought you all were making up this whole BO-leiver thing but he actually says that! I was dying when he said "Not only am I NXT champion but also a champion of life." awesome.

Ithil

Well that's is why is in NXT to work on that flaw of his. Its his main weakness that prevents his roster call up. He could get a manager but who would work as his mouthpiece?

Also, its funny Zayn is much better than him and through most of his time in the Indies he only spoke in Spanish and broken English. Guess being around Steen gave him an advantage.

Neville is better now at talking than he was when he arrived last year. He's still not good, but that's what he's there to work on. A stint as NXT champion with regular promos should help him get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom