• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
pbz.gif
It's just appledough.

BHZ Mayor

The Ascension:

Creative #1: "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we took a tag team and gave them The Undertaker's look and entrance?"

Creative #2: "No, Triple H warned us against gimmick infringement."

Creative #3: "What if we made them look similar, like his disciples or something, but totally unrelated."

Creative #1 + 2: "Yeah." "That could work."

So basically, the modern day version of
Brood.jpg

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Just read HHH's Q&A.

Someone asked if he trains any of the rookies, and if he had any favorites at NXT, here's what he had to say:
Triple H said:
work with them as much as I can when I'm here. No favorites. Want them all the succeed. #NXTArRIVAL

I WAS RIGHT!

You guys should go read his twitter, it's a pretty good Q&A, continues to make me believe that he has what it takes to run the WWE better than Vince.

OK WrassleGAF. Decide my night for me.

300 sequel advance screening (like 45 minutes away)
Free play (The Suit, like 5 minutes away but then I walk home in 20 degree weather)
NXT: In My House

GO

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Free play (The Suit, like 5 minutes away but then I walk home in 20 degree weather)

GO

NXT in your house. 300 sequel? Do you LIKE watching trash? Also who gives a shit aout option 2

Hasney

GO

Easily NXT.

Also, poor TNA not even being an option. Their fans in here are trying so hard, bless em

Terrabyte20xx

GO

NXT:In Your House.

And before someone (Spider from Mars, I'm looking at you) Suggests, DON'T WATCH IMPACT!

NXT in your house. 300 sequel? Do you LIKE watching trash? Also who gives a shit aout option 2

HAH THIS WAS A TRAP SUNNY
Only a dirty poor would turn down a play!
I'VE GOT THE ADVANTAGE

... But ya I'm thinking NXT now

Also, you suck Edge, and I have no interest in TNA past 2006 really. That summer 2003 run was magic though

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"let's ask a wrestling thread if I should pick a movie, play, or wrestling"
jbxg0RMf3U4JVh_e.jpg

Kaladin

GO

NXT, you know it.

I'm watching NXT and going out to a concert here in town that starts right around the time NXT is going to end tonight...I should go out about 9:30 ish but I'm watching all of NXT.

Terrabyte20xx

Our community is a wondrous and impartial one!

Oh SHIT I forgot it's live TV.. And the first on the network.. And possibly run by Full Sail students

Botches Inbound!

If for nothing else, watch so you can recognize the screws ups when show up on Botchamania!

kiguel182

Well, just watched the JR interview with Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels.

Damn, that was emotional. The whole story is amazing in and out of himself but the way they set out the interview and the JR questions really sold it. Really made me feel for Bret after all he went through after Montreal. Heartbreaking stuff.

But a great watch none the less. I really recommend it.

Pavaloo

But he is an Arteeest.

There's suuuch a better way to do that though. Like shattered dreams goldust or something. Maybe if his ring work was interesting, but any time he is on screen I am bored beyond belief.

Also HOLY SHIT! Today's arrival? Completely snuck up on me! what time does it start PST?

edit: apparently 5pm EST which would mean 2pm PST? but I can't watch the pre-show :/ they're showing best of Raw right now.. wut.
double edit: now my browser says 8pm EST so 5pm PST, that makes sense

Ithil

Just read HHH's Q&A.

Someone asked if he trains any of the rookies, and if he had any favorites at NXT, here's what he had to say:

I WAS RIGHT!

You guys should go read his twitter, it's a pretty good Q&A, continues to make me believe that he has what it takes to run the WWE better than Vince.

From what I can tell, he views talent a little differently than Vince. Vince tends to look at the big picture, that is, he's always looking for the next big star. According to HHH, it's why Vince doesn't like managers or tag teams, he feels it's wasting a spot they could be having a big singles star in instead.
HHH on the other hand seems to look at different parts of the show as needing different stars. He's talked a lot about finding the right people to make up each part of a show, and they've said people like Richochet were turned down because they did similar stuff to Adrian Neville, and they already have Adrian Neville.

It shows on NXT (except for the tag divison which is weirdly empty), there's a lot of different characters making up parts of the show, it's not all just "the main event, also some filler". There's always new characters and angles happening up and down the card.

From what I can tell, he views talent a little differently than Vince. Vince tends to look at the big picture, that is, he's always looking for the next big star. According to HHH, it's why Vince doesn't like managers or tag teams, he feels it's wasting a spot they could be having a big singles star in instead.
HHH on the other hand seems to look at different parts of the show as needing different stars. He's talked a lot about finding the right people to make up each part of a show, and they've said people like Richochet were turned down because they did similar stuff to Adrian Neville, and they already have Adrian Neville.

It shows on NXT (except for the tag divison which is weirdly empty), there's a lot of different characters making up parts of the show, it's not all just "the main event, also some filler". There's always new characters and angles happening up and down the card.
Just how it should be. It's funny Vince says that about the next big star when that future star is staring at him and the crowds are chanting his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom