• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been paying too close attention to the threads, but I can't believe how little shit the game is getting for having a review embargo until Thursday. I thought people normally say that means the developer is trying to hide something, but The Order is getting a pass on it. Defenders would probably say that its because RAD are trying to protect people from spoilers.

Who gives a damn about bullshit review sites? Just read opinions from people here that played and finished it http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=152553101

I look forward to playing the game. I love stuff like Walking Dead, Beyond: Two Souls, etc. Impressions seem overall positive if you take away the console fanboyism bullshit.

I haven't been paying too close attention to the threads, but I can't believe how little shit the game is getting for having a review embargo until Thursday. I thought people normally say that means the developer is trying to hide something, but The Order is getting a pass on it. Defenders would probably say that its because RAD are trying to protect people from spoilers.

One of the best things about Nintendo is that they have embargoes that usually end weeks before a game comes out.

The best argument I've seen in all this Order bullshit is that no one is making the argument that we should pay $200 for a game like Skyrim that offers way more content and hours than "normal", but everyone wants to pay less when a game contains less than "normal".

miserable

That's because Sony always gets a pass on GAF.People talk about how bad the Nintendo fans are, but the Sony Defense Force is far worse.

People don't bitch when game embargoes are the day before release. That's relatively normal. People bitch when reviewers don't get the game until the day before release. This makes it very difficult for a reviewer to get a well-informed review up before launch. So, yeah, that really isn't an issue here because it wouldn't be an issue elsewhere either.

Hasney

The best argument I've seen in all this Order bullshit is that no one is making the argument that we should pay $200 for a game like Skyrim that offers way more content and hours than "normal", but everyone wants to pay less when a game contains less than "normal".

Why would the consumer make an argument they should spend more money? That makes no sense. Most of the replay ability comes from mods anyway and I'd have been more than happy to pay for some of them,but that money wouldn't go to Bethesda anyway.

That said, if Fallout 4 came out and asked for $70 or possibly $80 and base game was as good as what Bethesda have done previously, I'd probably pay up.

Why would the consumer make an argument they should spend more money? That makes no sense. Most of the replay ability comes from mods anyway and I'd have been more than happy to pay for some of them,but that money wouldn't go to Bethesda anyway.

That said, if Fallout 4 came out and asked for $70 or possibly $80 and base game was as good as what Bethesda have done previously, I'd probably pay up.

That's not true. A game like Fallout or Elder Scrolls comes with 100+ hours of content pre-expansions. The point isn't that the consumer is arguing to spend more. It's that if we are following the logic that value is tied to time, then we should be willing to say that we'd pay exponentially more for games that are exponentially longer. And I don't think a majority of those arguing about The Order's length would be able to honestly say that.

Vylash

I don't give a shit about the order, but I find it amusing when the same people who whine and bitch about constant sequels and no new IPs will take any and every excuse to cut a new IP off at the knees before it even comes out, someone should remind these nerds that length has nothing to do with how good a game is

Hey guys, guess who posted something new?

Our old reliable friend Mets

I can confirm that there is at least a good amount of interest from Triple H in giving Samoa Joe a look. I've been told that Triple H is interested in giving Joe a run in NXT. Vince McMahon is however not so interested, but there might be a push within the next few weeks at giving Joe at least a tryout run. I haven't received word if Joe is even interested in coming to WWE / NXT.

Paracelsus

The Order falls flat on the face because of the self-serving attitude around the development. The "we'd love to make movies, but we are making a game so we've got to stick gameplay somewhere" is a legit quote, and it's also a fatal flaw. It's like Heyman mocking Vince about "you made wrestling a dirty word. You want sporchsenchercheinment". It's a game, a shooter, build whatever barebones multiplayer mode first, then focus on your awesomely written single player experience.

EDIT: Joe really needs to accept that Umaga gimmick.

Hasney

That's not true. A game like Fallout or Elder Scrolls comes with 100+ hours of content pre-expansions. The point isn't that the consumer is arguing to spend more. It's that if we are following the logic that value is tied to time, then we should be willing to say that we'd pay exponentially more for games that are exponentially longer. And I don't think a majority of those arguing about The Order's length would be able to honestly say that.

I don't think it really works like that though, it's more of a case where Bethesda and Dragon Age can offer 100+ hours for $60, so why can't other games?

The reason is clearly that resources went elsewhere, which is fine. Hell, if the game looked like it was doing anything interesting in the gameplay parts, it might still be worth it to me even at that length. But I think I'll grab it for £20-odd, blast through it and then sell it.

It's cool, the timed challenges on Rayman will either keep me occupied to that point, or I'll have destroyed my controller anyway.

I don't think it really works like that though, it's more of a case where Bethesda and Dragon Age can offer 100+ hours for $60, so why can't other games?

The reason is clearly that resources went elsewhere, which is fine. Hell, if the game looked like it was doing anything interesting in the gameplay parts, it might still be worth it to me even at that length. But I think I'll grab it for £20-odd, blast through it and then sell it.

It's cool, the timed challenges on Rayman will either keep me occupied to that point, or I'll have destroyed my controller anyway.

But if the game is as long as it needs to be then why does it matter? Would a game like Last of Us be better if it were 20 hours longer? No. Sometimes a shorter experience works because the quality level it maintains over 5-6 hours may not maintain over 10-12.

There's already a
half
Somoan named Joe in WWE. No need for another.
tumblr_ngno0mtDr51saykaxo1_400.gif

The Order falls flat on the face because of the self-serving attitude around the development. The "we'd love to make movies, but we are making a game so we've got to stick gameplay somewhere" is a legit quote, and it's also a fatal flaw. It's like Heyman mocking Vince about "you made wrestling a dirty word. You want sporchsenchercheinment". It's a game, a shooter, build whatever barebones multiplayer mode first, then focus on your awesomely written single player experience.

EDIT: Joe really needs to accept that Umaga gimmick.

So, The Order will be wildly successful and a bunch of indie developers will have to work for Ready at Dawn to pay their debts off?

Hasney

But if the game is as long as it needs to be then why does it matter? Would a game like Last of Us be better if it were 20 hours longer? No. Sometimes a shorter experience works because the quality level it maintains over 5-6 hours may not maintain over 10-12.

TLOU also had multiplayer, which helped with the longevity so at least you had another option once you're done with the story.

Living in England, I buy almost every new release game on US PSN so I'm not ripped off, so I have no trade in value. If I bought The Order and beat it over the weekend, I'll end up spending more money to play something else afterwards. Still, there's enough to play until Bloodborne and enough to tide me over until Order is half price and then I'll feel great to smash through it one day.

They advertised nxt a few times last night for live shows in Florida so I decided to take a gander. Only 20 dollars for 2nd row? Sold and going to Tampa on the 21st to watch it. I'm excited as hell.

I've been reading/hearing Samoa Joe as Samosa Joe all this time, I feel pretty fucking stupid >_<

It releases on Friday, not Thursday. That's why no one cares about the embargo. If it was a Friday embargo you would hear the same "THIS WILL BE SHIT BECAUSE EMBARGO" like other recent games that did that.
Rather than just the current "THIS WILL BE SHIT BECAUSE" that's been going on for months lol

Hasney

They advertised nxt a few times last night for live shows in Florida so I decided to take a gander. Only 20 dollars for 2nd row? Sold and going to Tampa on the 21st to watch it. I'm excited as hell.

Damn, sounds great. Have you been down to the Full Sail tapings if you're in Florida or is that far from you?

$20 is a fucking steal considering how great the NXT product is at the moment.

Only issue is taking in 4 weeks of storylines in one sitting. Not sure how that would sit with me, might be awesome or it might take some of the impact out of it.

Hasney

$20 is a fucking steal considering how great the NXT product is at the moment.

Only issue is taking in 4 weeks of storylines in one sitting. Not sure how that would sit with me, might be awesome or it might take some of the impact out of it.

Live show is what they call house shows though, so it'll be a couple of hours of pure wrestling most likely.

MC Safety

Game fans really can't get away from the belief a good game is long and a bad game is short.

The Order may be awful, I don't know. But we should dismiss a game because it's short.

Damn, sounds great. Have you been down to the Full Sail tapings if you're in Florida or is that far from you?
Haven't had a chance but I will eventually. Orlando is only 2 and a half to 3 hours away depending on traffic. I'm sure if my friends have a great time like yesterday then we'll push to go watch a live taping. Also I meant the 21st of March next month. Can't wait to see Zayn, Owens, Itami, Balor and the rest of them.

I've got tickets right on the ramp for the same show. Their house shows are pretty solid; you'll enjoy the hell out of it.

I expect tonight's NXT tapings to be just as entertaining, but hopefully not that much of a drag since it's four hours long.

Hasney

I've got tickets right on the ramp for the same show. Their house shows are pretty solid; you'll enjoy the hell out of it.

I expect tonight's NXT tapings to be just as entertaining, but hopefully not that much of a drag since it's four hours long.

Christ, there's more taping tonight? They'll have 8 weeks stored up.

Christ, there's more taping tonight? They'll have 8 weeks stored up.

I believe if they follow the usual schedule, it would put the next taping around the same time as Wrestlemania. Most people in the company will probably be very busy around then so I figure they're just getting it out of the way now.

If I remember correctly, a few years back the current owners of ROH were said to have zero interest in signing Samoa Joe. Whether that's changed or not, who knows, but it'd be cool to see Joe back in an ROH ring again. He's not in the best shape, but when I saw him last year at PROGRESS he put on a great match with Rampage Brown and seemed very motivated in front of such an appreciative crowd.

Alucard

Banned
When people say The Order if 5 hours, does that include everything and includes time for exploring a bit? Or is that if you just want to blaze through it? MY play time versus advertised playtime are usually drastically different.

I have zero interest in The Order, as I don't have any modern system, but I'm just wondering here.

Sephzilla

That's because Sony always gets a pass on GAF.People talk about how bad the Nintendo fans are, but the Sony Defense Force is far worse.
Man, it's like people completely forgot how much shit Sony took during the first half of the PS3's lifetime

Man, it's like people completely forgot how much shit Sony took during the first half of the PS3's lifetime

That's almost 10 years ago.

Anyways, I think you're going to see a lot of people defending the system they own and most people bought a PS4 out of the gate due to Microsoft's fumble at E3 2013. The Xbox One price at launch didn't help things either.

I should hopefully have my copy of The Order today if Canada Post gets their shit together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom