• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

McCool says Taker is training. Man has no hip and fucked up knees but still squatting what I think is 500 and throwing MMA approved bombs. Get on his level.

the-undertaker-michelle-600x400.jpg

"Squatting" my ass. What the fuck is that? Get that quarter squat shit out of here. Hips below knees or the rep don't count old man.

I doubt anyway because in NXT spoiler ahead
he is getting a push when he is about to go into a feud with Balor.

Plus from Pwinsider:

Good idea. The most people will probably get is a voice over promo from him.

Oh right because Instagram and Twitter doesn't exist.

*looks up*

...fuck.

Dumb idea WWE.

jmdajr

Well, that Bryan and Reigns segment was one of the most insulting and condescending pieces of TV I have ever seen. I mean, they know that we know the show is scripted right?

And then Bryan stole is tag for some reason. I almost thought we were going to see something interesting but nope.

I honestly think at this point I'm only seeing this to see how bad it gets. Which means I probably have some issues. I need an intervention, friends.

You'll be fine.

Are you meeting your responsibilities? Are you hurting others?

Zach

As a guy who knows nothing about WWE's corporate structure or whatever, what would happen if Vince died today? Who would have control? I'm just curious, guys!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't think they would. They view Reigns as the long-term future of the company.

Same company that had Brock completely destroying Cena for the title. Same company that had no problem with Brock breaking the most decorated streak in the history of the company.

Reigns might be the golden child but if Lesnar refused to let Reigns pin him at WM then that'd be that.

Same company that had Brock completely destroying Cena for the title. Same company that had no problem with Brock breaking the most decorated streak in the history of the company.

Reigns might be the golden child but if Lesnar refused to let Reigns pin him at WM then that'd be that.

They got Brock to do those things BECAUSE they want Roman to be the guy to avenge all of that.

It's all about Roman.

I actually had to stop watching Raw last night when the Heyman/Reigns promo started up, it was genuinely too much for me to endure and actively made what little mania hype I have take a hit.

I hope the Goldust/Stardust feud ends with Cody ditching the Stardust gimmick. I like Cody, I like the gimmick, and Cody fucking owns that character. But Cody has main event talent and that gimmick is a glass ceiling.

Dude is good at reinventing himself, I've enjoyed him hamming it up as Stardust and its a shame it's taken this long for something of note to happen with the gimmick.
But yeah it's a dead end I expect, I do wonder if this all leads to him going in a unique direction that doesn't play off from his Rhodes legacy.

Eagerly anticipating the Mania 31 main where Brock beats Reigns via salt to the eye thrown by Heyman. Then Bryan comes out, Reigns tells his best friend D-Bry to go for it, and Bryan wins the title by dropping the leg on that damn foreign menace Brock Lesnar, brother brother brother brother
It doesn’t matter cause Rollins is cashing in anyway

RP912

Banned
As a guy who knows nothing about WWE's corporate structure or whatever, what would happen if Vince died today? Who would have control? I'm just curious, guys!

I thought Vince doesn't really own the WWE and other sponsors pretty much owns the assets. I remember reading about that from somewhere....

Sephzilla

Eagerly anticipating the Mania 31 main where Brock beats Reigns via salt to the eye thrown by Heyman. Then Bryan comes out, Reigns tells his best friend D-Bry to go for it, and Bryan wins the title by dropping the leg on that damn foreign menace Brock Lesnar, brother brother brother brother
It doesn’t matter cause Rollins is cashing in anyway

replace bryan with cena and i'd believe you

I'm sure Vince has seen that NXT shit and knows that Hunter isn't ready yet. It'll probably go to Kevin Dunn assuming Vince didn't include some orders to liquidate the entire WWE upon his death so he can take all of sports entertainment to hell with him.

Ithil

The Roman Reigns truthers are becoming a bit much. I don't like him and don't think hes ready to headline WM, but its a den of fucking crazy people here. Brock had negotiation break downs with Vince and wouldn't go on TV cause he wouldn't job to Reigns? Brock couldn't give a fuck what hes doing as long as he gets paid.

Brock isn't stupid, he knows he has to protect his own brand.

Bowser

I thought Vince doesn't really own the WWE and other sponsors pretty much owns the assets. I remember reading about that from somewhere....

Pretty sure Vince and related entities still own like 75% of the company

edit:

WWE filed a document with the SEC on Wednesday disclosing that WWE CEO Vince McMahon converted 450,000 shares of Class B McMahon Family Stock into 450,000 shares of Class A Common Stock.

McMahon now owns more than 39 million shares (56.9 percent) of Class A Common Stock. Also, McMahon owns 87.2 percent of Class B McMahon Family Stock.

The result is that McMahon owns "approximately 81.8 percent of the Company’s total voting power," according to WWE's disclosure.

It's also worth noting that McMahon "indirectly" owns another 100 shares of Class A stock owned by his wife, former WWE CEO Linda McMahon, and 566,670 shares of Class B stock owned by Linda.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God damnit, I was all hyped about Rock Band possibly coming back and now there's a rumor Guitar Hero might come back as well.

What's the problem?

Does Guitar Hero existing make Rock Band worse?

Also, Guitar Hero was a better series than Rock Band. Rock Band was pitiful. GH had better visual style and it had the flavor. Rock Band was a cookie cutter (mother fucker) way to sell DLC above all. GH had a great scoring system. Rock Band had trash.

GH forever you fuckers!

they should do a Rocky 4 montage only exclusive for the WWE Network. Taker balling up a picture of Husky Harris as he gets ready to train.

I'm pretty sure Cena has the rights to the Rocky 4 montage considering he already has everything else from that movie.

Would the ultimate Taker mind game to play on Bray simply be turning up at Wrestlemania as pure striker Mark "The Undertaker" Calloway? just imagine preparing for a supernatural showdown and then finding out that your opponent ain't having none of that stuff this time around.

RP912

Banned
There better be a DJ Hero revival dammit. Smh I'm still salty that Scratch: The Ultimate DJ never made it to the masses :(.

jmdajr

What's the problem?

Does Guitar Hero existing make Rock Band worse?

Also, Guitar Hero was a better series than Rock Band. Rock Band was pitiful. GH had better visual style and it had the flavor. Rock Band was a cookie cutter (mother fucker) way to sell DLC above all. GH had a great scoring system. Rock Band had trash.

GH forever you fuckers!

Will my old instrument still work?????????????????????? Guitar Hero 3 guitar is the fucking best.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There better be a DJ Hero revival dammit. Smh I'm still salty that Scratch: The Ultimate DJ never made it to the masses :(.

DJ Hero deserved better. Great game.

Will my old instrument still work?????????????????????? Guitar Hero 3 guitar is the fucking best.

GH3 was the apex my friend. Best of the best.

Last episode of the series should just be Brock crashing a party and destroying everyone on the show.

This makes me want my alternate ending to the Raw before Summerslam to happen where everybody on the roster was on the stage except for Cena to celebrate Hogan's birthday. Brock comes out and sets off his pyro, killing everyone except for Cena

I'd rather get new instruments for the games truth be told.

RP912

Banned
DJ Hero deserved better. Great game.

DJ Hero came out at the wrong time. If the music genre didn't pumped out so much plastic shit...DJ Hero would have been a bigger hit than it was. I loved playing the Daft Punk levels.

Goddamn that game was fun.

The only Rock Band/Guitar Hero games that I fully enjoyed was Metallica/The Beatles.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As long as the plastic toy guitars are like the original SGs & Explorers from GH 1&2 and not any of the trash that came later, I'm down.

GH2 controller, the Xplorer? Best one.

RB instruments were dogshit.

Hasney

Well, that Bryan and Reigns segment was one of the most insulting and condescending pieces of TV I have ever seen. I mean, they know that we know the show is scripted right?

And then Bryan stole is tag for some reason. I almost thought we were going to see something interesting but nope.

I honestly think at this point I'm only seeing this to see how bad it gets. Which means I probably have some issues. I need an intervention, friends.

What if Heyman was being totally honest and seeing how hot Vince is on Roman, he would have put money on Roman to beat them all just because that's how Vince would have booked it?

I got the DJ Heroes when stores were having a fire sale. Fun game, I liked it a lot and the mixes were good too. Think it might be the one plastic gaming instrument/peripheral I still own.

Yeah, RB guitar felt like crap. The rhythm bar was really mushy compared the GH one.

jmdajr

So Hulk Hogan was 48 when Wrestlemania 18 happened. And Stang in 55?

Might do ok. You figure less wear and tear. But who knows. Undertaker has taken a huge hit after age 45.

RP912

Banned
I got the DJ Heroes when stores were having a fire sale. Fun game, I liked it a lot and the mixes were good too. Think it might be the one plastic gaming instrument/peripheral I still own.

I thought about getting the game again since I been on a huge music creating kick lately.

I need some inspiration, I'll probably see if Gamestop has a few bundles for 99 cents.

Yeah, I know that they wanted the controllers to look/feel more like the real thing and less like Playskool toys that really only belong on a kiddy plug & play game or a Nintendo console, but fuck it, they just don't work. Give me bulbous, colorful fret buttons and a strum bar with a satisfying tactile click any day of the week.

Scottify

GH3 was indeed the best GH game, but I liked Rock Band 2 even more. I'd be very curious how they improve it for this gen. Maybe make it real instrument compatible like Rocksmith?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GH3 was indeed the best GH game, but I liked Rock Band 2 even more. I'd be very curious how they improve it for this gen. Maybe make it real instrument compatible like Rocksmith?

I don't think it needs any "evolution" other than better leaderboards. Give me percentages as I play, let me know how I'm comparing to others as I play or afterwards. There's nothing else I want besides a big track list, and that's that. Keep the score-based gameplay above a "party atmosphere" and make it something lonely dudes play in the basement for hours and hours, like GH2 and 3.

Scottify

I don't think it needs any "evolution" other than better leaderboards. Give me percentages as I play, let me know how I'm comparing to others as I play or afterwards. There's nothing else I want besides a big track list, and that's that. Keep the score-based gameplay above a "party atmosphere" and make it something lonely dudes play in the basement for hours and hours, like GH2 and 3.

I like that idea of real time leaderboard comparisons, that would be really cool. The more hair metal in the track list, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom