• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like that idea of real time leaderboard comparisons, that would be really cool. The more hair metal in the track list, the better.

"You scored 98% on this solo, you're in the top 5%" etc. I really enjoyed it in Horizon 2.

I also would love a community multiplayer which would be sweet. Basically jump into a live "channel" and start playing songs, as a community - so you could see how you're ranking on a channel that's playing songs for you to jump into, so you're not picking anything - you just hop in and go, and it just serves up song after song after song with stats in either a ticker at the bottom of a brief break after each song that does a breakdown of concurrent players, average pct, average score.

Goddamn I'm a visionary.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They were harder because Neversoft just came up with random shit for their charts rather than trying to base them off the actual songs.

I've never got that impression. They have more precise timing and a more fluid UI offering better and sharper windows. RB was about "fun" GH was about competition and I get more fun out of competition in music games. I don't like being all buddy buddy with fuckface "friends" of mine.

Yeah, what Meltzer said flew over my head. What angered Brock so much and what did Cena say in that promo?

Basically how Cena won but he got beat so bad he was going to take time off because of it. The next night he is out being happy Cena again and not selling the match with Brock at all.

jmdajr

16_OTM_VKM_00001988_0001-1956709017.jpg

Sephzilla

What's the problem?

Does Guitar Hero existing make Rock Band worse?

Also, Guitar Hero was a better series than Rock Band. Rock Band was pitiful. GH had better visual style and it had the flavor. Rock Band was a cookie cutter (mother fucker) way to sell DLC above all. GH had a great scoring system. Rock Band had trash.

GH forever you fuckers!

Guitar Hero killed the genre while Rock Band made it thrive. Rock Band was also made by the OG Guitar Hero team. Guitar Hero also had plenty of DLC - it was called the next Guitar Hero game that was released 2 months later.

DJ Hero needs to come back though. Those games were fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guitar Hero killed the genre while Rock Band made it thrive. Rock Band was also made by the OG Guitar Hero team. Guitar Hero also had plenty of DLC - it was called the next Guitar Hero game that was released 2 months later.

DJ Hero needs to come back though. Those games were fun.

So what you're trying to say is "yes Sunny you're right." GH was the superior game and RB was just a DLC model with uninspired everything else. Poor gameplay UI as well. Glad you agree.

Xater

Yeah DJ Hero was totally the best game of the bunch and no one bought it. I got both of them on sale later and they were so good. Loved Rock band as well though. I agree that Neversoft had no idea how to make logical tabs. Rock band was still hard on higher difficulties and there were also hit some very hard songs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rock Band was always better. C'mon Sunny, you need to #GiveTruthAChance

On what level is Rock Band better? You blast GH for "releasing two months apart" while Rock Band did WEEKLY DLC on top of one of the most barebones frontends and gameplay I've ever seen, as well as their own "cash-ins" with RB Green Day and Beatles releasing under a year later. Furthermore, GH ran their interface VERY fast, I wouldn't be surprised if the gameplay board was at 60fps - it's been a while since I looked I would be able to tell so I think I need to play a GH game tonight.

If you like Rock Band better, that's fine - just say that. But don't say you like it for the same reasons you're saying GH sucks, because that's ridiculous.

Scottify

I think they should spend a lot of effort on making the instruments better. Each brand's had it's own positives & negatives.

I liked the size of the bigger RB guitars, and I liked that the whole fretboard was a button rather than just a little button in the middle. But I did find the GH strummer to be a lot better that RB.

Sephzilla

On what level is Rock Band better? You blast GH for "releasing two months apart" while Rock Band did WEEKLY DLC on top of one of the most barebones frontends and gameplay I've ever seen, as well as their own "cash-ins" with RB Green Day and Beatles releasing under a year later. Furthermore, GH ran their interface VERY fast, I wouldn't be surprised if the gameplay board was at 60fps - it's been a while since I looked I would be able to tell so I think I need to play a GH game tonight.

If you like Rock Band better, that's fine - just say that. But don't say you like it for the same reasons you're saying GH sucks, because that's ridiculous.

I'd rather have Rock Band's weekly DLC platform instead of Guitar Hero's bi-monthly new-release platform. Because if Rock Band gets a couple of new songs as DLC, I only have to pay a few bucks to get them. If Guitar Hero 17 comes out and has a couple of new songs I like, I have to buy the whole new game to get it and then switch discs all the time if I want to play songs from other games. Rock Band's DLC methodology was superior to what Guitar Hero was doing, and on top of that when Rock Band actually released a new game they gave you the option to upload songs from the previous Rock Band disc into the new game. I don't remember this being a thing with a good chunk of the Guitar Hero titles.

(I'll agree that RB Green Day was awful. Because fuck Green Day).

Rock Band is one of the few things that I would say used DLC appropriately. Meanwhile Guitar Hero over-saturated the market and killed the brand. I also subjectively felt like Guitar Hero's guitars felt like Fisher Price toys while Rock Band's guitars were larger and felt like they were higher quality. The annoying clicking of the Guitar Hero guitars always drove me up a fucking wall.

If you liked Guitar Hero, more power to you. I'd just rather have Rock Band back because the developers of that game seemed to approach things with a more level head

MC Safety

I'm curious how NXT is going to handle the recent trend of being the way station where wrestlers can rekindle their careers.

I mean, seeing Rhyno and Brian Kendrick is fun, and I'm glad Emma's back, but at what point do the new guys get shafted? When you're making TV time for Mr. Imperfect, I think you've fumbled the ball.

30 for 30 special on the von erich's airs this Friday during sportcenter

A piece on the wrestling Von Erich family that has been talked about for months will be airing on Friday during the 6 p.m. Eastern time Sports Center show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather have Rock Band's weekly DLC platform instead of Guitar Hero's bi-monthly new-release platform. Because if Rock Band gets a couple of new songs as DLC, I only have to pay a few bucks to get them. If Guitar Hero 17 comes out and has a couple of new songs I like, I have to buy the whole new game to get it and then switch discs all the time if I want to play songs from other games. Rock Band's DLC methodology was superior to what Guitar Hero was doing, and on top of that when Rock Band actually released a new game they gave you the option to upload songs from the previous Rock Band disc into the new game. I don't remember this being a thing with a good chunk of the Guitar Hero titles.

(I'll agree that RB Green Day was awful. Because fuck Green Day).

Rock Band is one of the few things that I would say used DLC appropriately. Meanwhile Guitar Hero over-saturated the market and killed the brand. I also subjectively felt like Guitar Hero's guitars felt like Fisher Price toys while Rock Band's guitars were larger and felt like they were higher quality. The annoying clicking of the Guitar Hero guitars always drove me up a fucking wall.

Happiest thing I ever heard was you condemning Green Day. I agree, they are shit. GH did also do DLC as well though! I enjoyed the themed games on both ends - even though the Beatles pretty much are shit, except for Ringo's inventive drumming. Ultimately I still prefer GH on almost every level due to the score focus, visuals, and gameplay and I felt RB was far more casual (which was the point) but ultimately not as enjoyable.

It's a good day.

Welcome, you ugly fucker. God DAMN that av.

Sephzilla

Happiest thing I ever heard was you condemning Green Day. I agree, they are shit. GH did also do DLC as well though! I enjoyed the themed games on both ends - even though the Beatles pretty much are shit, except for Ringo's inventive drumming. Ultimately I still prefer GH on almost every level due to the score focus, visuals, and gameplay and I felt RB was far more casual (which was the point) but ultimately not as enjoyable.

I can respect this.

Toki767

I'm curious how NXT is going to handle the recent trend of being the way station where wrestlers can rekindle their careers.

I mean, seeing Rhyno and Brian Kendrick is fun, and I'm glad Emma's back, but at what point do the new guys get shafted? When you're making TV time for Mr. Imperfect, I think you've fumbled the ball.

Well HHH did want NXT to be like WCW. Right down to the old guys taking over spots from the young guys.

Ithil

Eh, guys like Rhyno and co are just back to do some matches with some of the new talent. Kendrick is facing Finn Bálor this week, that's all about Finn rather than Kendrick.

XenoRaven

Dragon West, and others who generally link matches on a regular basis, I have an annoying request for you. Do you think that at the end of the week, you could compile all the links to all the matches you linked that week in one super post?

I can't typically watch the matches right away, and some of you guys post so much that it's a pain to look into your post history to find the matches when I actually have time. Just a thought. I realize I'm basically asking you to do more work for no gain.

somedevil

They are just using them to put over the younger talent. As for Emma they are bringing her in
to find her new heel character that is coming

Plus Brian Kendrick is a one and done and as for Rhyno
he is the only guy left for the next 7 tapings and he lost to Zayn

ed_fusion

Banned
just watched "whiplash"

Pretty intense movie..

But all i could think about was if Vern Shillenger was on screen and he was going to rape that kid, Oz style.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Guys, I have an innovative idea. What if we did a lottery system and had 30 people review all the WrestleMania's? This could be a big hit and will work flawlessly.

Hey I've been waiting for that this year to jump in. Sitting in the sidelines as a lurker waiting for my account to get approved while a buncha ham and eggers dropped the ball was no bueno.

jmdajr

I like how in Wrestlemania 18 JR and King talk about Rock being the future and Hulk Hogan being the past.

Didn't really turn out that way though.

How soon will Reigns bail?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I have an innovative idea. What if we did a lottery system and had 30 people review all the WrestleMania's? This could be a big hit and will work flawlessly.

Let me check legitshook.com traffic

It was fun, but we should pick a different "big four" or something else themed, something non-WWE perhaps even though other promotions aren't nearly as set in stone as WWE's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom