• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
5 best authority figure gimmicks

1. Vince McMahon
2. Vince Russo
3. Nobuhiko Takada
4. Johnny Ace
5.That guy from Lucha Underground in the gifs who I've only seen in gif form, but that's all I need to know to know he's better than Stephanie and Triple H

Shiv47

It's going to be interesting watching who eventually picks up Cena's baton as company mainstay, because as Meltzer wrote, nothing they do is going to make viewership grow much from where it's at. This is an industry that needs to fight to maintain what they have, because pop culture is too fragmented to produce another Attitude era size audience these days. If Reigns flops, how soon do they pull the rug on him, and does it just go back to Cena until he eventually drops, because people at least react to him? I don't hate Reigns; I just find him deeply boring, as a wrestler and as a personality. I don't see that improving much any time soon.

Wonder when they'll induct Hansen into WWE's HoF. He's familiar for inducting Inoki, he's either the most popular or second or third popular gaijin of all time, and all the old school guys think the world of him.

Would love to see him and Brody in on the same year but separate inductions.

I'd love to see Hansen in the HoF, even if he didn't have a huge career in WWE. He'd give a great speech, I've no doubt. Have Hansen induct Brody, then Bruno induct Hansen.

Botaaay please tell me you are going to this

HELL no. I'll probably end up watching the DVD though. Still waiting for them to send the DVD of Russo's first show with IPW:UK where he SWERVED everyone.

Fox318

I think Vince works under the belief that wants to have 1 superstar and a roster full of jobbers. He only has to pay one man and the rest of the roster can be cycles with talent to feed to the star. It's like a sports team that pays crazy money to get a star but is then forced to surround him with cheaper talent.

I think a roster with multiple guys treated as a super star would do better than what they have now. Let the cream rise to the top and you can push who makes the most sense either for the future or for the present.

What will their PPV schedule look like after mania?

They appear to really only care about 4-6 younger men
  • Cena
  • Rusev
  • Rollins
  • Reigns
  • Wyatt
  • Orton

2 of these men will lose at mania. Cena may be the only one there where the outcome of a match doesn't effect him. If Reigns is gonna win I can't see him losing the title for a while. Especially since they probably want to surpass Punk's time with the title out of spite.

Assuming the title is the main event every PPV who does Reigns beat?

• Extreme Rules - Rollins
  • Payback - Big Show
  • Money in the Bank -Rollins
  • Battleground - Kane
  • SummerSlam - Cena
  • Night of Champions - Cena
  • Hell in a Cell - Bryan
  • Survivor Series - No WHC match.
  • TLC - Big Show
  • Royal Rumble - Cena/Orton
  • Fastlane - Wyatt

It's going to be interesting watching who eventually picks up Cena's baton as company mainstay, because as Meltzer wrote, nothing they do is going to make viewership grow much from where it's at. This is an industry that needs to fight to maintain what they have, because pop culture is too fragmented to produce another Attitude era size audience these days. If Reigns flops, how soon do they pull the rug on him, and does it just go back to Cena until he eventually drops, because people at least react to him? I don't hate Reigns; I just find him deeply boring, as a wrestler and as a personality. I don't see that improving much any time soon.

They'll continue to stick by Reigns. They've done more to try to get him over than anyone else. They even have Cena out there saying he is old now. I think they will keep trying and hide his horribleness in matches with good workers like Seth Rollins and Daniel Bryan.

BREAKING NEWS SLAPNUTZ SHIRTS NOW AVALABLE AT PROWRESTLINGTEES

jeffjarrett1001.jpg
http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/slapnutz.html

Shiv47

I think Vince works under the belief that wants to have 1 superstar and a roster full of jobbers. He only has to pay one man and the rest of the roster can be cycles with talent to feed to the star. It's like a sports team that pays crazy money to get a star but is then forced to surround him with cheaper talent.

I think a roster with multiple guys treated as a super star would do better than what they have now. Let the cream rise to the top and you can push who makes the most sense either for the future or for the present.

What will their PPV schedule look like after mania?

They appear to really only care about 4-6 younger men
  • Cena
  • Rusev
  • Rollins
  • Reigns
  • Wyatt
  • Orton

2 of these men will lose at mania. Cena may be the only one there where the outcome of a match doesn't effect him. If Reigns is gonna win I can't see him losing the title for a while. Especially since they probably want to surpass Punk's time with the title out of spite.

Assuming the title is the main event every PPV who does Reigns beat?

• Extreme Rules - Rollins
  • Payback - Big Show
  • Money in the Bank -Rollins
  • Battleground - Kane
  • SummerSlam - Cena
  • Night of Champions - Cena
  • Hell in a Cell - Bryan
  • Survivor Series - No WHC match.
  • TLC - Big Show
  • Royal Rumble - Cena/Orton
  • Fastlane - Wyatt

They'll have Rollins cash in on Reigns in the douchiest way possible either at Mania or Raw the next night, so they can get fans behind Reigns as he chases the coward heel for the belt. Then give it to him at Summerslam for an extended run.

Fox318

They'll have Rollins cash in on Reigns in the douchiest way possible either at Mania or Raw the next night, so they can get fans behind Reigns as he chases the coward heel for the belt. Then give it to him at Summerslam for an extended run.

I think they will protect Reigns like crazy. They are giving him the man that took Taker's streak.

He won't lose until one of HHH's daughters turns 19 and they turn her into the champ so they can get on over on Chyna again.

JavyOO7

Randy Orton, if TMZ is to be believed, makes 300k a month (that was in July of 2013). I have no clue if that includes merchandise or if that is a base salary or whatever... but that is pretty much top dude level of money making. Unless Cena makes twice that.

I mean, Chris Masters ripped a tree out of the ground to rescue his mother from a burning building and didn't get a WWE contract.

That was after he'd been fired from the company twice, so I don't see how that's relevant. If Reigns had done what Bryan did, you know they'd be going on and fucking on about it on Raw.

On another note, a funny look at 90s smarks and their hatred of Goldberg.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2x5sfa/smarks_throughout_history_1_classic_thoughts_on/

"I just don't think Goldberg has really has it. It was clear that he is not a professional in his match with Regal. Goldberg should have been the one getting fired over that one. Part of being a great wrestler is selling moves and making your opponent look good. Although with the opponents Goldberg faces it is hard to make them look good. I am just saying theat the guy can't talk, is probsbly building a huge ego and refuses to job. He may be hot now, but you don't become great doing what he is."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That was after he'd been fired from the company twice, so I don't see how that's relevant. If Reigns had done what Bryan did, you know they'd be going on and fucking on about it on Raw.
It's relevant because WWE doesn't really care if you've done something amazing outside of the ring if you're not their guy because WWE is back into the 80s mentality of 'this is our guy and everyone benefits from being around this guy.' So yes, the only person they're going to talk about is Roman because they think if you build one person up, it makes everyone else a big deal to work with them.

Keep in mind Masters was fired the second time after dramatically improving upon his return.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think they will protect Reigns like crazy. They are giving him the man that took Taker's streak.

He won't lose until one of HHH's daughters turns 19 and they turn her into the champ so they can get on over on Chyna again.

Friend, you're so paranoid it hurts. I don't think anyone is getting a 434 day reign as champ as long as there's only one title to go around. Punk's reign isn't even a record, just a footnote in history.

On another note, a funny look at 90s smarks and their hatred of Goldberg.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2x5sfa/smarks_throughout_history_1_classic_thoughts_on/

They were too busy showing weekly updates from Reigns via satellite asking him how his daily shit went to show something from Bryan.

Fox318

Friend, you're so paranoid it hurts. I don't think anyone is getting a 434 day reign as champ as long as there's only one title to go around. Punk's reign isn't even a record, just a footnote in history.

When Brock left they had Orton win because they wanted to claim that he was the youngest champion ever.

Not Brock.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bootaaay, I don't want to be the guinea pig but someone told me that Zeus/Shiozaki match was better than it had any right to be.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Radio Lab's episode about The Montreal Screwjob is pretty good. It goes a bit basic as to be expected but it gets to the heart of it. It does use my boy Vinny Ru as a primary source though!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Randy Orton, if TMZ is to be believed, makes 300k a month (that was in July of 2013). I have no clue if that includes merchandise or if that is a base salary or whatever... but that is pretty much top dude level of money making. Unless Cena makes twice that.

300k x 12 months is 3.6 million. Cena makes more than that.

Anth0ny

I've come to terms with Bryan never being the guy, for various reasons, but it still fucking sucks that it will never come to be. Meltzer puts into words perfectly why that is, down to the WWE ignoring his mainstream appearances and how absolutely unbelievable that is. Like, there is really nothing that could ever happen that will make Bryan the guy in Vince's eyes, so he never will get that chance. "Depressing-ass" is putting it lightly for me.

I'm pretty close to "I wish he'd just quit and go to New Japan" status with Bryan. Been there with Cesaro since last summer after they botched the fuck out of that jobber battle royal win.

It will never happen
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
but it's nice to dream.

I'm pretty close to "I wish he'd just quit and go to New Japan" status with Bryan. Been there with Cesaro since last summer after they botched the fuck out of that jobber battle royal win.

It will never happen
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
but it's nice to dream.

A mass exodus is what this fucking carny company deserves. But it ain't gonna happen. Though it does seem like things are reaching a boiling point, what with the divas, Titus and Darren Young speaking out, Bork being angry about his money, etc.

It will never happen
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
but it's nice to dream.

Bryan doesn't care about the chingle chingle, and his new found midcard paycheck will adjust accordingly. So other than the potential injuries, I'm wondering why he doesn't pack it up and go to NJPW.

Alucard

Banned
Observer stuff

On the Punk lawsuit

On the AJ Twitter situation

On the Lesnar situation

Taven/Bennett in NJPW

ROH TV deal

Small update on Adam Cole

TNA talent being miserable

Good on AJ for pointing out Steph's hypocrisy. The WWE treats women like shit and only represents a small percentage of real actual women.

Good on Taven, Bennett, and Maria. All 3 deserve it.

ROH on Spike? I thought this rumor was squashed and was just seen as the company blowing smoke. I'd be ALL for it.

Was hoping Cole would be back sooner, but he's gotta take care of himself first.

TNA gonna TNA. Really feels like they're just in a holding pattern. Hope they're at least making money to justify all this.

Alucard

Banned
I cannot believe they fucked up the Orton turn, like how do you even do that? WWE found a way. FFS.

This was one of the most baffling things on Raw. From a character motivation perspective, and based on Orton's past behavior, there is no way he would have just shrugged off the end of that match and NOT hit Seth with an RKO.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NJPW has a crowded main event roster as it is.

I don't want Cesaro or Bryan coming in like 'oh there's money here now' when guys like Naito and Goto stuck it out during the shitty times and still haven't gotten title runs.

NJPW has a crowded main event roster as it is.

I don't want Cesaro or Bryan coming in like 'oh there's money here now' when guys like Naito and Goto stuck it out during the shitty times and still haven't gotten title runs.

the bullet club don't give a fuck about tenure, they're taking over, brother!

Like Meltzer said in his piece, I think if Reigns fails they'll go back to Cena until they find another "guy". Same as when they went right back to Hogan at WM9 because they weren't confident in anyone else.

njean777

This was one of the most baffling things on Raw. From a character motivation perspective, and based on Orton's past behavior, there is no way he would have just shrugged off the end of that match and NOT hit Seth with an RKO.

That is where I thought they were going, like he was just playing them and then was going to drop rollins at the end, but no, they fucked up everything that they set up in the span of 3 hours. It makes no sense.

That is where I thought they were going, like he was just playing them and then was going to drop rollins at the end, but no, they fucked up everything that they set up in the span of 3 hours. It makes no sense.

Yup. That's one thing I don't understand. I get the Reigns thing. I get the Sting-HHH thing. I get the Bray-'Taker thing, even if I won't like it. I get Cena-Rusev. I really don't get Orton-Rollins so far.

Heroman

Banned

This is the same who thought that reigns promo was a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom