• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreedZen

Banned
I'm gonna start Watching Wrestlemania XXX now, for the first time. Was it any good?

Wrastlin story cuz I feel like it. Read it or at least answer my LuchaUgr question (bolded) please.
I had soured on wrestling when Brock, Cena and Orton came into the WWF picture. Something about those guys rubbed me the wrong way. They still do now, but not as much as seeing Kane and Show are still a thing.
So late last summer I decided to start watching RAW again after streaming all of Total Divas; yes, yes I know, sue me. The product was as bad as I remember it getting back in 2002 or whenever; however, Paige, Mizdow, Kidd, Adam Rose's bunny and a few others kept me thinking it might get good. It hasn't, esp. with Bryan proving to be such a sycophant. I know he's a "nice guy" but come on, draw a line. He really is a YES man.

NXT has been my real drug, for reasons expressed by others on the regular.

The only thing from NJPW I've seen so far is Wrestle Kingdom 9; I enjoyed it and plan to scratch out time to see more. If only I didn't have to tolerate so much suck it and sweet from Bullet Club, small price to pay I guess.

Lucha Underground, I only saw one male vs female match and haven't had time to go back since.
Could someone help me though; they had a special match or episode in January, I can't remember the date or what it's called. Remind me please; I think it was a kind of tournament, iron man or something.

ROH, TNA, etc = Not enough time

njean777

This is the same who thought that reigns promo was a good idea.

Well yeah, but fuck man, like they really botched that. Like really they think we forgot what happened between Rollins and Orton? They just had Orton run out and attack the authority, but now all of a sudden he is with them? WTF IS THAT?

I'm gonna start Watching Wrestlemania XXX now, for the first time. Was it any good?

Wrastlin story cuz I feel like it. Read it or at least answer my LuchaUgr question (bolded) please.
I had soured on wrestling when Brock, Cena and Orton came into the WWF picture. Something about those guys rubbed me the wrong way. They still do now, but not as much as seeing Kane and Show are still a thing.
So late last summer I decided to start watching RAW again after streaming all of Total Divas; yes, yes I know, sue me. The product was as bad as I remember it getting back in 2002 or whenever; however, Paige, Mizdow, Kidd, Adam Rose's bunny and a few others kept me thinking it might get good. It hasn't, esp. with Bryan proving to be such a sycophant. I know he's a "nice guy" but come on, draw a line. He really is a YES man.

NXT has been my real drug, for reasons expressed by others on the regular.

The only thing from NJPW I've seen so far is Wrestle Kingdom 9; I enjoyed it and plan to scratch out time to see more. If only I didn't have to tolerate so much suck it and sweet from Bullet Club, small price to pay I guess.

Lucha Underground, I only saw one male vs female match and haven't had time to go back since.
Could someone help me though; they had a special match or episode in January, I can't remember the date or what it's called. Remind me please; I think it was a kind of tournament, iron man or something.

ROH, TNA, etc = Not enough time

WM XXX was great but it will also make you baffled and upset how many guys who were stars of that show are either gone or reduced to shit now.

Lucha Underground did Aztec Warfare to determine their inaugural champion.

GreedZen

Banned
WM XXX was great but it will also make you baffled and upset how many guys who were stars of that show are either gone or reduced to shit now.

Lucha Underground did Aztec Warfare to determine their inaugural champion.

Yes, thank you, Aztec Warfare, that's it; was it any good?

Ultratech

Fuck...I feel bad for reading this now. :(

This was one of the most baffling things on Raw. From a character motivation perspective, and based on Orton's past behavior, there is no way he would have just shrugged off the end of that match and NOT hit Seth with an RKO.

Yeah, it is kinda bizarre.

*shrugs*

The tourney you may be thinking of is probably Aztec Warfare.

Heroman

Banned
Well yeah, but fuck man, like they really botched that. Like really they think we forgot what happened between Rollins and Orton? They just had Orton run out and attack the authority, but now all of a sudden he is with them? WTF IS THAT?

WWE just fucks up everything they touch, it doesnt make any sense for why randy would got to the authority and they didnt think we forgot what happened between Rollins and Orton because they showed the curb stomp when randy was talking.

somedevil

Here are the star ratings for WWE fastlane. Meltzer love Bryan vs Reigns:

>Big Show, Kane & Seth Rollins vs. Erick Rowan, Dolph Ziggler & Ryback: **3/4
>Goldust vs. Stardust: *1/2
>Tyson Kidd & Cesaro vs. Jimmy & Jey Uso (WWE Tag Team Championship Match): ***1/4
>Nikki Bella vs. Paige (WWE Divas Championship Match): 3/4*
>Bad News Barrett vs. Dean Ambrose (WWE Intercontinental Championship Match): *1/4
>Rusev vs. John Cena (WWE United States Championship Match): ***1/2
>Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan (WWE Championship #1 Contender's Match): ****1/2

Bryan did his work in.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
On the AJ Twitter situation
One person familiar with the situation as it was going down said Mendez wrote what she did on her own, it wasn’t an angle and the company was completely blind sided by it. Stephanie was absolutely furious at being shown up and made to look bad by one of their own employees, but that seeing the big picture, Vince McMahon ordered Stephanie to respond in the way she did. The only thing the company could do under the circumstances was to diffuse the situation as quickly as possible, because stories about unequal treatment of women starting to get out are can’t wins, similar to the company’s quick attempts of late to quell charges about being racist to Latinos.
So she worked the company with her shoot and they got marked like a bunch of jabronis so now they have to shoot a work to make people think they care about her shoot. So I guess my question is will it work?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Meltzer must have really loosened up his criteria for star ratings. That was not a 4 1/2 star match.

Neither was the NJPW 4 way tag. His rankings have always been all over the place which is why I never get why they hold so much value to people. He gives ratings just like anyone else, and a lot of the time, they're very inconsistent.
Daniel-san will shoot on Ishii

Daniel-san will get treated like Roman-san got treated at the Rumble.

Alucard

Banned
Meltzer must have really loosened up his criteria for star ratings. That was not a 4 1/2 star match.

Seriously. Way too generous. I think Bryan is Meltzer's new Bret Hart. A guy who can do no wrong and get an extra quarter or half star just for having his name.

It's funny. Everything Dave wrote down ive talked with friends about and even seen similar post on here, but that story shook me to the core.

I don't know when or why i got into bryan so much. Despite giving him mini title runs it's crystal clear he was never gonna get the run i hoped for. I was part of the epic miami crowd after 28 where it was 20+min of love for him. They treated him like shit so bad the fans had enough. It was surreal and something i never seen before. Fast forward 2 years later and shockingly he main evented and won in arguably top 5 best wrestlemanias. And what was gonna happen? They were gonna feed him to lesnar and send him back to tag title kane segments. Now he's used as a tool to build a wrestler that no one really cares for. They did the EXACT same thing last year with bray till they realized they fucked up. They know he's a great hand that can make inferior talent look better and that's his new role.

Bryan is the new HBK. Had his short moment in sun but 99% of his career is just simply being the best. And you know what? I'm cool with that. I don't need vince approval. Fuck him and his brass rings.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Patricia Arquette was right. They used R-Truth to get over the womens rights issue.

edit: ok if Brian 'Lizard Men Run The World' Kendrick can get a WWE.com article and an NXT Appearance then there's no reason Scott Steiner can't get into the HoF.

Seriously. Way too generous. I think Bryan is Meltzer's new Bret Hart. A guy who can do no wrong and get an extra quarter or half star just for having his name.

Bryan deserves 5 stars for his carry job he did for Reigns, but the match itself I'd say was 3 1/2 stars.

In the spirit of repeating old jokes

sigpic333009_5.gif

Vylash

except for the fact that the match was actually really great and both guys looked fantastic during it

but yeah, it was rated so highly just because Bryan was in it, please

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Manuel Mendez
The only sexy superman is ROMAN REINGS on the planet and he should take the role with lots and have fun fun fun.

destiny mclemore
Roman is so hot n he knows it. I 100% agree with you but u spelled his name wrong it's REIGNS LOL
The WWE Universe has spoken. That's your guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sunny, I'm not trying to tell you how to run your flea market website or anything. But can you tell me why you haven't taken advantage of the fact that Hulk Hogan will get you a retweet for just about anything, brother?
5 Dream Matches that actually took place - 5 Things: http://youtu.be/NEbOx0u3vwg

Hogan vs Hart was an enjoyable match. Which made it all the stupider that they involved Sting.

Caboose

except for the fact that the match was actually really great and both guys looked fantastic during it

but yeah, it was rated so highly just because Bryan was in it, please

I can't think of anything that stood out in their match. Could have easily taken place on a random Raw. 4.5 stars is just silly.

Cagey

Banned
Bryan deserves 5 stars for his carry job he did for Reigns, but the match itself I'd say was 3 1/2 stars.

Funny how a Bryan/Reigns match happens, the match is better than most of Bryan's matches in a long time (like dating back to that Wyatt flirtation angle), and none of the credit goes to his partner.

It's truly a testament to Daniel Bryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom