• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, Meltzy told the IWC to not give up by telling them they gave up.

it's all part of the plaaaaan.

qp3MhFp.jpg

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I just read that Meltzer piece on Reddit. The stuff about what draws, chraisma, Roman Reigns, and gaining new viewers reminds me of something funny that happened with my sister a few months ago. I may have metioned it.

So, she was a WCW fan and hasn't gave a shit about wrestling since pre-Russo. One night I was quickly fast-forwarding through RAW talking about the current roster and watching a few promos. She wasn't attracted to anyone until she saw Roman. She made a comment about maybe watching wrestling again to see him until he opened his mouth. All interest was completly lost then and there with one phrase. lol.

Sure there are women who do like him, but I don't think he'll ever have the enough charisma to connect to the majority in the right way. He'll probably just be a tier or two lower than Orton. The sad thing is they'll just wait for someone else rather than let Daniel fly. Like Meltzer said: The fans already accepted defeat, not enough subs were canceled, and pinning the man who beat the 23 year streak just won't be "waisted" on Daniel.

I hope something like this happens again.

As soon as Bryan is taken out of the main event picture (read: right now), the #YESmovement will make their voices heard once again. If we do anything well, it's shitting up other, boring segments with YES and DANIEL BRYAN chants.

The best thing for Bryan would be for them to leave him off the Wrestlemania card which as of right now is a possibility. It would literally set fans off . The night after Wrestlemania on Raw would be entertaining. Some match is gonna get cut from Wrestlemania especially if the do what they should do and give the women more time. So If Bryan is actually at wrestlemania it will either likely be in the IC title picture or in the battle royale. Their just will not be enough time on the card unless he has a match on the pre-show.

On the plus side all this Reigns talk reminded me to cancel the renewal on my Network account before the free trial ended.

Thanks Meltzer!

But I can tell I will now be getting spam from WWE until the end of time.

I hope something like this happens again.

As soon as Bryan is taken out of the main event picture (read: right now), the #YESmovement will make their voices heard once again. If we do anything well, it's shitting up other, boring segments with YES and DANIEL BRYAN chants.

Boy. The post summerslam - rumble part of that year sure was a weird trainwreck.

Bryan getting lame ass PPV screwjobs after screw jobs.
WWE trying to take the heat Bryan had gotten and simply put it on Big Show.
The unification match that should have been the biggest shit in years falling completely flat.
The weird Bryan - Bray feud they had to quickly end because Batista crashed quicker then the Hindenburg.

This year is basically that again but now Vince and WWE are sticking to their guns. The reaction with the marky Mania season crowds will be fun.

On the plus side all this Reigns talk reminded me to cancel the renewal on my Network account before the free trial ended.

Thanks Meltzer!

But I can tell I will now be getting spam from WWE until the end of time.

Already cancelled mine in the free trial window. Would have subbed for Mania if they had Bryan vs Lesnar. Now they get none of my money.

Hasney

Yeah I figure that main event will be full of chants for Bryan.

Then we have the real show following Mania:

ramois7z.png

Reigns is gonna get killed.

You know, regardless of any reaction towards Reigns (which will be hilarious), I will probably watch the Raw after Mania LIVE and not watch Mania.

Honestly, WWE probably know the reaction he'll get there and do something about it, like they did the first Raw in Chicago after Punk left. Like, maybe a cash-in before Reigns even gets a chance to speak....

So i kind of appreciate that Lucha Underground has continuity. It's weird, but i like it

I haven't seen any of it yet, but I really admire that it's a TV Drama about Wrestlers and seemingly goes all in on it. It knows it's identity. Unlike WWE which can't decide if it's a TV Drama or a Wrestling program, and never really achieves either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So i kind of appreciate that Lucha Underground has continuity. It's weird, but i like it

TV show format is something I've always pushed for more of in pro wrestling. It shouldn't be the standard, but it's the easiest format to follow especially for new wrestling fans or people who watch it as their 'secondary' promotion.

It's why I kinda dug AWF
awf0.jpg

tm24

I haven't seen any of it yet, but I really admire that it's a TV Drama about Wrestlers and seemingly goes all in on it. It knows it's identity. Unlike WWE which can't decide if it's a TV Drama or a Wrestling program, and never really achieves either.

Yeah, the Black Lotus storyline went places this episode and the callback to the first episode was amazing. And they're slowly building up to whatever Pentagon Jr is doing. It's great! Also, Aerostar is fucking crazy

The Daniel Bryan train has crashed and burned. However the Finn Balor train is shiny and new. There are plenty of seats open and this train will undoubtedly lead us to the promised land. Hop aboard before it is too late.

I've caught the last two. It's a fun, campy show. I had no idea what was going on half the time though, wikipedia was needed.
It's very, very campy and FnP. I would highly suggest watching the previous episodes if you can. I'm not sure Wikipedia can properly capture all of the layers of fuckery that goes on in an episode.

Won't lie. I'm looking forward to this far more than WM now. The only suspense on Sunday is going to be if Rollins cashes in or not, and if he does if he pulls it off or not. WM might be in an open-air arena but a capacity NFL stadium with an intoxicated crowd all on the same page is still absolutely deafening.

Won't lie. I'm looking forward to this far more than WM now. The only suspense on Sunday is going to be if Rollins cashes in or not, and if he does if he pulls it off or not. WM might be in an open-air arena but a capacity NFL stadium with an intoxicated crowd all on the same page is still absolutely deafening.

Seth will lose when he cashes in. Reigns won't be losing that title any time soon.

Hasney

Seth will lose when he cashes in. Reigns won't be losing that title any time soon.

I think it depends on the reaction between now and the cash in. They may give it to Rollins fairly soon and then try to use his heat to get Reigns cheered, then have Reigns hold it between one of the PPVs before Summerslam and Wrestlemania.

"Depressing read" is an understatement regarding the Meltzer piece on Bryan. I'm glad he's been speaking on, and wrote about that feeling in the air that Bryan fans have sort of given up. It's something I noticed immediately following Fastlane, and even during the build up to the show. That garbage they pulled on Raw with D. Brine trying to force everyone to respect Reigns made it even worse.

The WWE does a hell of a job extinguishing fires.

Yeah, that's unfortunately why I had to add the "if it works". If there were ever a time a cash-in wouldn't work, it's now. My biggest fear is if Orton is the reason. God that would backfire instantly, but to be "fair" to creative it would effectively end any final ties Reigns had to his past affiliates and he could start his Cena-style go-it-alone campaign for a decade.

That instantly creates the next problem. Rollins. Awesome heel but becoming more popular and a likely Orton-style tweener long-term. Creative will bury him under Kane and Big Show. J&J security will eventually turn on him, etc. I'd expect a PPV no-DQ handicap match of that! And hey, look at how buried Orton is after just one week of a much-anticipated and botched return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom