• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzuki vs Sakuraba was half the length of Okada/Tanahashi and twice the quality. Meltzer fell for the hype. That feud is already overexposed.

"Fell for the hype", or just really liked the match? Because Okada/Tanahashi is currently my match of the year, neither guy put a single foot wrong, they told an amazing story and the crowd ate it up. And I enjoyed Suzuki/Sakuraba far more than most. Also, people get so worked up by Meltzer's ratings - it's one man's opinion and is entirely worthless without knowing his tastes and personal quirks.

Radec

Here's the original post of that rumor on reddit:

1424845314237.jpg

I hope this is true.

Toki767

Truth on commentary on Smackdown this week...constantly calling Byron Coach.

Does Vince produce the Smackdown announce team? Cause that sounds like a rib he would have Truth do. Then again, it also sounds like something HHH would do too.

Recall

Bloody Sunday would be great, but they won't let him do it for whatever reason.

A WWE finisher needs to be able to be applied to anyone regardless of their size. A strike is always prefered over a lifting move or a move that isn't hindered by being prone to be taken incorrectly.

You can observe it quite frequently.

Striker

A WWE finisher needs to be able to be applied to anyone regardless of their size. A strike is always prefered over a lifting move or a move that isn't hindered by being prone to be taken incorrectly.

You can observe it quite frequently.
How many more are there?

Sweet Chin Music/super kicks, Samoan Spike, Pounce, any version of the lariat, Knockout Punch, Brogue Kick/bicycle kick, Running Big Boot, Spear (waaayyy overexposed), Bull Hammer, Trouble In Paradise (many versions), Buzzsaw kick, Shining Wizard

Cody Rhodes' Disaster Kick can be thrown in, but it's not much of a finish.

Yo Boots, I found shit tier British indies! (I didn't know they existed)
Card for this show:

http://www.becw.co.uk/#/next-event/4533713384

BECW CHAMPIONSHIP 3 STAGES OF HELL TRIPLE THREAT MATCH
1. Lumberjack 2. Submission 3. Tables
(c) LUTHOR RIENHARDT Vs AIDEN GALLAGHER Vs HADES

BECW BRITISH COUNTIES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
(c) BACARDI Vs "SCORPION" BILL DUFFY

BECW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP HANDICAP MATCH 2v3
(c) VIVA BUFF VAGAS Vs SOCIETY OF GOOD

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH
DANIEL MASTERS & MARCELLA Vs MATT WEST & KIMMY A-KISS

BRENT ICON & CADE DREYER Vs CYCLONE & ALEXANDER ROTH

JOEL LIGHTNING Vs DRAVEN

TIGERLOCH Vs THE PHANTOM

Card subjct to change. (That is their misspelling not mine!)

I've literally never heard of ANY of these people.

EDIT: Also, for £8, I saw Zack Sabre Jr, Mason Ryan, and a 450 Spike Package Piledriver a month ago.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Sensational Sherri was hot.

Yo Boots, I found shit tier British indies! (I didn't know they existed)

I've literally never heard of ANY of these people.

There's seemingly a ton of shit-tier indies these days, I've got three near me here in Essex - two are new and have been using a few known names like Havoc, Ospreay, Lion Kid, etc, but the other has been running for years out of community centres and, like the card you posted, features no one you're ever likely to have heard of. No idea how it's still going, but I guess it's a cheap day out for the family.

There's seemingly a ton of shit-tier indies these days, I've got three near me here in Essex - two are new and have been using a few known names like Havoc, Ospreay, Lion Kid, etc, but the other has been running for years out of community centres and, like the card you posted, features no one you're ever likely to have heard of. No idea how it's still going, but I guess it's a cheap day out for the family.

Oh my, they have a YouTube channel, it's wonderful!
https://www.youtube.com/user/BECWUKVisitingTime/videos

The only name I recognized on that channel was Zak Knight, and they treated him like it was fucking John Cena making an appearance.

Carnby

We can do that too.

sherri_bio.png
Luna_Vachon.1.jpg
Chyna.jpg

You need these outliers to complement and provide a contrast to the Trishes and Nikki Bellas of the world.

I thought we were talking about women's wrestling in this decade.

You're not going to find any disgusting freaks like the ones you posted, in modern WWE, and that's a good thing.

Hasney

I see that Meltzer's article on Daniel Bryan has made every wrestling forum I see resemble a wake this morning.

I don't see why. I mean, that news should be freeing. It might take until Wrestlemania for it to kick in for some though.

Also, listening to that Zayn/Swift mashup on loop will make anyone happy. I just need to stop hitting my mouse off the desk to the beat.

Every wrestling era has had that super talented guy who is clearly better then THE GUY but is always playing second fiddle.

Now its Bryan. Back in the 80's is was Randy Savage, It was Bret Hard for a while and in WCW it was kind of everyone.

The biggest problem current WWE has is creative has zero plans for anyone not part of the title picture or John Cena. Back then they where much better at juggling multiple stories at once though.

Unless you fit in one of those 2 slots you will just float around aimlessly. If Bryan was getting compelling non title storylines I bet a lot of people would be a lot happier. Instead we will probably be getting Bryan versus sheamus and Bryan versus Kane from now until Summerslam.

Xater

Every wrestling era has had that super talented guy who is clearly better then THE GUY but is always playing second fiddle.

Now its Bryan. Back in the 80's is was Randy Savage, It was Bret Hard for a while and in WCW it was kind of everyone.

The biggest problem current WWE has is creative has zero plans for anyone not part of the title picture or John Cena. Back then they where much better at juggling multiple stories at once though.

Unless you fit in one of those 2 slots you will just float around aimlessly. If Bryan was getting compelling non title storylines I bet a lot of people would be a lot happier. Instead we will probably be getting Bryan versus sheamus and Bryan versus Kane from now until Summerslam.

Yeah probably. They have more than Bryan that's really talented, but like you said they don#t do shit with them is the problem.

Yeah probably. They have more than Bryan that's really talented, but like you said they don#t do shit with them is the problem.

Yes. Its a problem bigger then Bryan its its been going on far longer then the last 2 years.

Its been WWE's biggest failing for the last 10 years.

I was more bummed out by the battered wife syndrome of the Reddit post that was all Never Give Up on Bryan!

"I know that the most logical option is just to quit watching this product and focus on all the other amazing wrestling out-there.."

It is the most logical, and that is exactly what I have been doing the last 4 months, and will continue to do until there's a reason to watch.

9quhRpd.jpg

He's always watching. Like Batman.

I don't see why. I mean, that news should be freeing.

Totally this. It should be confirmation that WWE doesn't care what they think, isn't booking the product for them and either believes they can succeed without disgruntled Bryan fans, or that those fans are too weak willed to put their money where their mouth is and vote with their wallets anyways. So what if they boo Reigns? They're still sitting there in their paid for seats, wearing their WWE merch, subscribing to the Network, engaging with other members of the WWE Universe™ via social media and all the other things WWE loves their fans to do.

Alucard

Banned
9quhRpd.jpg

He's always watching. Like Batman.

Totally this. It should be confirmation that WWE doesn't care what they think, isn't booking the product for them and either believes they can succeed without disgruntled Bryan fans, or that those fans are too weak willed to put their money where their mouth is and vote with their wallets anyways. So what if they boo Reigns? They're still sitting there in their paid for seats, wearing their WWE merch, subscribing to the Network, engaging with other members of the WWE Universe™ via social media and all the other things WWE loves their fans to do.

Stro's reaction was likely to Carnby's comments about women and fat people in wrestling.

GreedZen

Banned
LOL @ seeing Brock vs Taker for the first time. Wow what a weak ending. I'd have been in shock like everyone else if I were in that arena. Not for the loss itself but how it went down. No wonder everyone thinks that Bray vs Taker is gonna be lame.

Year late Bedroom Booker says: Taker should have gotten power bombed from the ropes when attempting his highwire act, he does his resurrection sit up immediately, Brock's shocked reaction leaves him open for a tombstone setup, quick counter, F5 (first and only for the match), steals Taker's folded arm pin, 1 2 3 and done.

edit: dwl @ this guy ring side; booooo, you suck! Kicking the deadman while he's down lol He kinda sounds like that guy at Fastlane.

Hasney

LOL @ seeing Brock vs Taker for the first time. Wow what a weak ending. I'd have been in shock like everyone else if I were in that arena. Not for the loss itself but how it went down. No wonder everyone thinks that Bray vs Taker is gonna be lame.

Year late Bedroom Booker says: Taker should have gotten power bombed from the ropes when attempting his highwire act, he does his resurrection sit up immediately, Brock's shocked reaction leaves him open for a tombstone setup, quick counter, F5 (first and only for the match), steals Taker's folded arm pin, 1 2 3 and done.

First suplex concussed Taker to fuck. I still don't think it would have been a great match, but they had to manage it from that point onwards.

Alucard

Banned
Honestly though, if I were a 12-year-old male, I'd probably think Reigns' shirt design and the "One Versus All" tagline were cooler than cool. The current design is easily his best so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom