• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The crazy thing about Owen Hart was that he was seriously going to quit wrestling and become another random Hart brother back in Canada when Bret finally gets Vince's ear and sets up one of the best wrestling programs ever.

Alucard

Banned
The Young Bucks pimping their new ROH DVD:

YoungBucksROHDVDPromo.gif

Nice to see ROH getting as much as they can out of these guys. This commercial also features Nick Jackson super kicking a t-shirt, and Matt saying "too sweet me" with the hand gesture to the camera.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kane is the ultimate indie star. He does what he wants, jobs non stop, and has strange and backwards political views.

Alucard

Banned
I wonder if ROH fans really consider the Young Bucks or AJ Styles to be part of their company.

Not really, as I consider them to be more regular special attractions than anything else. Nice to see AJ working as many dates as he has been, though. Dude came in at the start of 2014, and he's still giving the company dates in March 2015. I'd actually like it if either AJ or Joe challenged for the title at some point...and won.

I'm glad you adopted a modern aspect ratio for that, now if only you could tell me why you giffed it at all.

Just keeping fans up to date on what's going on, friend. Not everyone has the time to keep up with all of these promotions, so I'm doing my part to keep everyone in the loop.

Alucard

Banned
Because they only want attractive women on their show? I'm okay with that.

It's good to have variety. Not every single guy or girl should look the same. You need performers of varying shapes, sizes, and looks to keep things interesting. The WWE is trying to create a singular image of what a female performer should be like, and it's making people feel bored as fuck and feel like all of these girls are interchangeable.

What's your gimmick, Titus? You used to be "indie is better" guy along with Spider, but then you got this Kane avatar and haven't been able to pin down a clear identity in this community, friend.

You're so far into the biz you can't fathom a world where something isn't a work. But maybe you can prove otherwise and put your hobby on the line in a wager?

Not really, as I consider them to be more regular special attractions than anything else. Nice to see AJ working as many dates as he has been, though. Dude came in at the start of 2014, and he's still giving the company dates in March 2015. I'd actually like it if either AJ or Joe challenged for the title at some point...

Pretty much this. The bigger names seem to have the role of they wrestle here sometimes. Del Rio is the only big name I've seen with a storyline in the couple months I've been watching.

Carnby

It's good to have variety. Not every single guy or girl should look the same. You need performers of varying shapes, sizes, and looks to keep things interesting. The WWE is trying to create a singular image of what a female performer should be like, and it's making people feel bored as fuck and feel like all of these girls are interchangeable.

I wish this show had more fat people and more ugmos said no one ever.

scabro

They’ll still chant “Yes” all the time, not with the fervor they once did, but it’ll always be the new “Hiyo.” When he’s 50, he can still be used for easy heat for a new heel, he can come out, get his nostalgia chant, and lose just like Jim Duggan did.

untitled-26hrokw.gif

NJPW has a crowded main event roster as it is.

I don't want Cesaro or Bryan coming in like 'oh there's money here now' when guys like Naito and Goto stuck it out during the shitty times and still haven't gotten title runs.

Because giving ol' Fishface Naito or Goto title runs because they were around is a good reason to boost them up.

They can get NEVER title runs if they really need a belt.

Alucard

Banned
Two freaks of nature and two nobodies. Okay?

All of them were over, and all of them didn't fit the typical "attractive" image you have of modern pro wrestling. Pro wrestling has been full of guys without six packs that were still over and added to the variety of the roster.

112309_matt_earthquake_display_image.jpg
bigbossman0041.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually see "the chant is over, not him" argument going both ways.

His wrestling didn't really change from before he had the chant, but he did get more exposure after it to put on better, longer matches.

He was only over with the hardcore IWC before he got with Kane, which lead to the chants.

But, they've tried having other wrestlers get the chant going and only his wife, when facing off against the ultimate heel, the beast incarnate Steph, could get it going, and then only once or twice.

So the chant is connected to the man, but the chant made the man.

Carnby

All of them were over, and all of them didn't fit the typical "attractive" image you have of modern pro wrestling. Pro wrestling has been full of guys without six packs that were still over and added to the variety of the roster.

bigbossman0041.jpg

I thought we were talking about woman's wrestling?

Man God

Non-Canon Member

bigbossman0041.jpg

Bossman actually fluctuated between incredibly ripped and Scott Steiner youtube clip in mere months. Like Bully Ray in the RR compared to the last TNA tapings or Chris Hero Sandwich.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's the difference between Smash Mouth and Barenaked Ladies
So please if you love pro wrestling don't let them win.
Oh no! They're revolting by watching my show and I continue to sell merch regardless of how I treat their favorites!
ibkxF7gv5FvTso.gif

Heel

I'm not done with Daniel Bryan. Not by a long shot. He's the Best in the World and I want him to get the proper recognition he deserves. He belongs alongside the greats like Hogan, Bret Hart, HBK, SCSA, The Rock, HHH, John Cena, The Undertaker, and many more. Daniel Bryan belongs with these names and fuck, I'm gonna do my part at Wrestlemania and the night after to make my voice heard.

Edit: You know what might work, a daily Twitter trend. If we can get the community organized and vocal on a larger platform like Twitter, they have no choice but to acknowledge us. They did it with CancelWWENetwork and GiveDivasAChance. All we need is a good hashtag phrase to use and get trending everyday til Mania. With 60,0000 people, its possible.

The show was built around confusing all the fans who wanted to cheer Orton. It kept people into the show longer, but thus far seems to have weakened Orton’s babyface turn. Funny, I learned so much from that botched Del Rio babyface turn, and the people here must think it was cool. I guess forgetting the part that Del Rio’s babyface turn that they counted out was so effective they had to turn him back and he wound up in obscurity. But I now can’t wait for the Mayweather-Pacquiao buildup because everyone learns from WWE, and now they are going to have the promoter treat them both like they are first graders, make them meekly shut up, and talk them into being best friends four weeks before their fight because it’ll swerve the audience, and you need that to top 3 million buys.

God fucking damn. This edition is the best I've ever seen the Observer. Why couldn't wrestling go to shit sooner if it results in stuff like this

Reigns came out for an interview. He didn’t get much reaction. This is the guy main eventing Mania? This was bad because it was mixed, but nothing like Cena. Cena is people who hate him for whatever reason and love him for whatever reason. Reigns had people who mildly liked him and mildly disliked him. He may as well have been Al Snow, and Snow’s got a better physique these days.

B-pgP7kW0AEJhlU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom