• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

When I see Crowe, all I can think of is...

TRO_HAL.jpg

Perfect. Crowe's look is questionable.

Recall

From the last 10 years the only WWE "storylines" that have stood out are: Y2J vs HBK in 2008, Christian's hunt for gold against Orton in 2011 and Punk vs The World in 2011 too. Everything else is just a blur.

Gonzalez

Banned
Unpopular opinion time...

Okay, this is only my second exposure to Sasha Banks, but she is cheesy as fuck. Already has the acting ability of a typical main roster Diva. Cameron, Brie, Sasha...take your pick, friends. I know she has a lot of fans on here, but just based on two instant reactions, she doesn't seem all that special as a character. Charlotte on the other hand, is the real deal.
You know Alucard you still haven't given us a reason on why Charlotte "is the real deal".

Hasney

Ended up ordering The Order. Found a voucher for a site that gives £50 by spending £25, bought The Order with it and should finish it over the weekend and make a profit on the trade-in credit ready for Bloodborne. For that price, all I want is a good story.

Oh, I also have a turquoise face cloth coming because the game was £49 and I had to spend over £50...

Aiii

So not worth it
You know how everyone that worked in retail has at least one (but likely more) stories about crazy customers that flipped their lid over nothing?

Like how I once had a CD chucked at my head for not exchanging said item for the fourth time because customer kept claiming them being faulty, despite all of them working fine on the three different brand players in the store.

I'd love to hear the other side to this one: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995090

Hasney

Once, someone put a £4.95 pre-owned sticker on a brand new game and we refused to give him it at that price. he then said he was going to stab me after work. Good times.

Alucard

Banned
You know Alucard you still haven't given us a reason on why Charlotte "is the real deal".

There are a number of things that immediately stick out about Charlotte.

1. The look - She's tall. Really tall. But not skinny tall. Muscular tall. She looks like she could legit mess someone up if they pushed her.

2. The athleticism - She's flexible and quick. She can go to the top rope. I buy her as an athlete, and I buy her offense in the ring.

3. The character - Flair's daughter. "Genetically superior." Basically, she's an alpha and wants people to know it. Her mannerisms all look natural, and her intro flip and slide into the ring are immediately captivating. I'd really like to see her continue her no-nonsense approach on the main roster...which means she'll be jobbing to Alicia Fox very soon.

She needs to up her acting game a bit, as do most Divas and pro wrestlers in general, but she's as legit as the women's division in the WWE has ever had IMO.

Alucard

Banned
Possible spoilers for Fastlane. PWTORCH posted the opening betting lines for the matches so far.

Opening Lines for Fast Lane

- Reigns -475 favorite over Daniel Bryan.

- Dean Ambrose -280 favorite over IC champion Bad News Barrett.

- The Usos -210 favorites over Tyson Kidd & Cesaro in the Tag Title match.

- Nikki Bella -185 favorite over Paige in the Divas Title match.

- U.S. champion Rusev -130 vs. John Cena -110

No big surprises IMO.

Aiii

So not worth it
There's no smart money until about 2 hours before the show, betting lines now are just people guessing results based on WWE's often predictable booking.

So, yeah, of course there's no surprises there ;)

I think Charlotte has a lot of potential and is obviously a fast learner, but of the four women in the match at Takeover Rival she stood out as the greenest of the bunch. Not so much in terms of her athletic ability, but rather how she fit into the match. Bayley was better in that regard, but she does have a lot more experience, and generally managed the time she wasn't in the ring better than Charlotte did, while Charlotte was obviously spot-watching on a couple of occasions, which is a real minor nitpick but one that bugs me nonetheless. Sasha & Becky controlled things well and dictated the pace, as befits the heels. Both impressed, but there's a lot of things about Sasha's in-ring work that makes her really stand out to me - she knows how to wrench in a headlock and does it well and, for a character that is in no way a striker, her strikes look pretty convincing. Consider me a fan.

Alucard

Banned
There's no smart money until about 2 hours before the show, betting lines now are just people guessing results based on WWE's often predictable booking.

So, yeah, of course there's no surprises there ;)

I suppose, especially given how so many matches likely don't have a finish booked until we're close to the event.

Alucard

Banned
I'm certainly more of a fan of Sasha after watching her match against Charlotte, but if I'm a casual fan flipping through channels and I see her come out and do that awkward swivel pose with her hands out at her sides, I cringe and turn the channel. I don't think she makes a good first impression, and I say this as someone who's seen her twice.

Gonzalez

Banned
I'm certainly more of a fan of Sasha after watching her match against Charlotte, but if I'm a casual fan flipping through channels and I see her come out and do that awkward swivel pose with her hands out at her sides, I cringe and turn the channel. I don't think she makes a good first impression, and I say this as someone who's seen her twice.
How the hell do you not love the swivel pose, but find Charlotte's bland entrance to be "captivating". You are British Bulldog bizarre, Alucard.

JavyOO7

The top four ladies in NXT are great. Watching them on the weekly shows and not just the PPV specials have endeared me to them as I've watched them all grow their characters and their abilities in the ring. Becky Lynch wrestles great but she and creative need to further tweak out her character but am confident that they will.

As for Sasha Banks? Its like she says... she's the boss. She probably sings 'Prove it all Night' with her band after a win.

The top four ladies in NXT are great. Watching them on the weekly shows and not just the PPV specials have endeared me to them as I've watched them all grow their characters and their abilities in the ring. Becky Lynch wrestles great but she and creative need to further tweak out her character but am confident that they will.

As for Sasha Banks? Its like she says... she's the boss. She probably sings 'Prove it all Night' with her band after a win.

Meh, NXT needs more Alexa Bliss - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tqUtfGHkgs

tumblr_n2aknsDbJl1soxfjeo1_500.jpg

Looks like we won't be eating dat Crow after all with The Order.

Yup straight berried lol. I'm actually more interested in how the game does now than before though with the shit-tastic reception from the gaming press. I don't see this game bucking the trend but there is usually a correlation between how high a game scores and its sales. I'd like to see if this game does sell pretty well even if the critical reception is putrid like a Transformers movie or if it follows the regular pattern of being discounted two weeks now.

I would bet on the heavy discount.

Marvel

could never
Yup straight berried lol. I'm actually more interested in how the game does now than before though with the shit-tastic reception from the gaming press. I don't see this game bucking the trend but there is usually a correlation between how high a game scores and its sales. I'd like to see if this game does sell pretty well even if the critical reception is putrid like a Transformers movie or if it follows the regular pattern of being discounted two weeks now.

I would bet on the heavy discount.

I'm just glad I wasn't the one that paid for my copy, the mrs did lol... will sell after completion. So same day almost.

Alucard

Banned
How the hell do you not love the swivel pose, but find Charlotte's bland entrance to be "captivating". You are British Bulldog bizarre, Alucard.

The two times I've watched her do it, she looked really uncomfortable and awkward, as if even she wasn't buying what she was doing.

No surprises with those review scores, it really did look like a game getting attention, both good and because it was a pretty, exclusive game.

Once, someone put a £4.95 pre-owned sticker on a brand new game and we refused to give him it at that price. he then said he was going to stab me after work. Good times.

I think I would have asked if I could just go home if someone said that to me when I worked retail.

I'm just glad I wasn't the one that paid for my copy, the mrs did lol... will sell after completion. So same day almost.
The jokes are so easy with this one, haha.

Hasney

I think I would have asked if I could just go home if someone said that to me when I worked retail.

It was half hour from closing anyway. I just walked upstairs to the bus station without incident, little gobshite.

I've paid £25 for it, which is basically going to be used for £38 trade in credit after I'm done towards Bloodborne. PROFITZ.

Sasha and Charlotte are fine in NXT but Paige was better than both at working in the ring and connecting with the crowd and look how much she's struggled in the WWE. Its just really tough for a diva to get respect on the main roster.

Unpopular opinion time...

Okay, this is only my second exposure to the young bucks but they are cheesy as fuck. Already has the spot monkey ability of a typical ROH Roster member. Davey Richards, AR Fox, the bucks ...take your pick, friends. I know they have a lot of fans on here, but just based on two instant reactions, they don't seem all that special as a character. The Usos on the other hand, is the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom