• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedevil

Summerslam News:

In regards to the location for this year’s edition of WWE Summerslam, WWE is reportedly looking at the New York market for a venue to host the event. This includes the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, the Madison Square Garden in New York City, and the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

The Madison Square Garden is currently available on the day of the vent, but it would be the most expensive of the three aforementioned venues.

So if network business is good then I bet they might consider going to Madison Square Garden.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
VINCE!!🙌🙏🙌🙏🙌🙏

5y3FaDH.jpg

When will your faves?

This guy is a treasure, the gift that keeps on giving

Alucard

Banned
Give Crowe a chance, guys. He's been put through the creative ringer more than a few times, and Bray Wyatt took his original cult leader gimmick, which would have been great for him.

Cagey

Banned
That Crowe stuff was cringe inducing corny nonsense wtf.

Summerslam News:

So if network business is good then I bet they might consider going to Madison Square Garden.

Selfishly rooting for Prudential given proximity but all three are can't miss selections. Brand new, fully modernized, excellent sight lines, etc. Izod was Z tier.

Give Crowe a chance, guys. He's been put through the creative ringer more than a few times, and Bray Wyatt took his original cult leader gimmick, which would have been great for him.

I have nothing against him. I didn't mind his segment. I'll give him a fair shake. I just can't help but think he looks like a troll doll.

somedevil

I like Crowe. Plus he never had the cult gimmick. He had a hacker gimmick that they took away but gave it back to him for his debut.

I do got admit though he is oompa loompa orange right now. He needs a little less tanning.

Alucard

Banned
I like Crowe. Plus he never had the cult gimmick. He had a hacker gimmick that they took away but gave it back to him for his debut.

When he first came in, he had a Book of Solomon he carried around with him, and was dressed in a nice suit ala a modern evangelist. I thought he was a cult leader.

Alucard

Banned
Catching up on WWE Presents: Flippy Indy Shit. Finally watching R:Evolution. Kevin Owens' debut...my lord. That was damn near perfect.

Catching up on WWE Presents: Flippy Indy Shit. Finally watching R:Evolution. Kevin Owens' debut...my lord. That was damn near perfect.

I think I'm one of the few that didn't have a mega boner over this special. Two great matches doesn't really make a show amazing in my opinion. I mean the Kevin Owens debut was cool, but it was like a 3 minute match, so I couldn't really get hype over it.

She can go in the ring. Can develop a unique offense. Has a beautiful look. She's perfect for the PG era.

She can't "go in the ring". She's okay and very athletic, but she botches quite a bit and frequently looks confused. She has a lot of potential, but let's not mistake that for current skill. People do the same thing with Naomi. Athleticism helps cover up lack of technical skill, but it doesn't completely make up for it.

Alucard

Banned
him debuting with that bit of color added so much.

I wish they had a safe way to add some blood or a blood look alike.

It perfectly complemented his look, and it'll be a great story to tell on his career retrospective DVD.

There must be a way to use stage blood or something. Blading isn't really necessary anymore.

Alucard

Banned
I think I'm one of the few that didn't have a mega boner over this special. Two great matches doesn't really make a show amazing in my opinion. I mean the Kevin Owens debut was cool, but it was like a 3 minute match, so I couldn't really get hype over it.

I'll let you know what I think when I'm done with it. First time watching it.

For the record, I don't think every match has to be a five star classic. In fact, that would make for an exhausting show. There needs to be variety in match types, finishes, and lengths. I thought Owens' debut was pretty damn great as an opener to get the crowd pumped. Come. Destroy. Bleed. Leave. Nothing wrong with that.

...and now this Lucha Dragons and Vaudevillains match is pretty great too.

EDIT: Kalisto is FnP.
Del%20Sol%20Lucha.gif

Nah I'm with you. I didn't really like Owens/Zayn.

I'll let you know what I think when I'm done with it. First time watching it.

For the record, I don't think every match has to be a five star classic. In fact, that would make for an exhausting show. There needs to be variety in match types, finishes, and lengths. I thought Owens' debut was pretty damn great as an opener to get the crowd pumped. Come. Destroy. Bleed. Leave. Nothing wrong with that.

...and now this Lucha Dragons and Vaudevillains match is pretty great too.

I definitely agree with that. I just really only dug the last two matches. Granted they were very good matches.

Nah I'm with you. I didn't really like Owens/Zayn.
Actually I was talking about R Evolution. Rival was MUCH better. I liked Owens/Zayn a lot, but I can definitely see why some folk wouldn't.

Alucard

Banned
Finn Balor's entrance was indeed pretty rad on this show, though definitely on the performance art end at times. "Badass cheese" is the best way I can describe it.

Alucard

Banned
Me three. It was ok, nothing great. Owen's Bull I wouldn't mind seeing, just let them beat the shit out of each other.

To be fair, Kevin Steen/Owens was never really known for five star matches, but for fun brawls and his out-of-ring work and character more than anything. I'm sure he'll deliver in the WWE based on those things alone, though. He's certainly unique and stands out.

Alucard

Banned
So, what was the reason The Ascension were so protected in NXT? Having seen a couple of their matches in NXT, and their stuff in the WWE, they're pretty slow and boring.

So, what was the reason The Ascension were so protected in NXT? Having seen a couple of their matches in NXT, and their stuff in the WWE, they're pretty slow and boring.

They were the only tag team for a long-ass time, and were thus the longest reigning champs. So you may as well work with what you have.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
To be fair, Kevin Steen/Owens was never really known for five star matches, but for fun brawls and his out-of-ring work and character more than anything. I'm sure he'll deliver in the WWE based on those things alone, though. He's certainly unique and stands out.

I don't doubt that. He just had very little build up, so no way to really gauge him so far in NXT. His beat down stuff is cool, but beating up Zayn was like watching an angry football dad beat up the substitute PE teacher.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Zack Sabre Jr., Ogawa & Rock vs Masashi Aoyagi, Yasu & Hide Kubota
I know exactly 3 people in this match. I like exactly 1 of them. I don't know who these other dudes, but they're butt fucking ugly.
00001852.jpg

100191296066639.jpg

I still probably hate them less than Ogawa and Rock though. I think Jonah Rock has to be my least favorite person in all of NOAH. It's him or Marufuji. Flea Market Champion Ogawa has always sucked too. Team Super Ugly look like rejects from BJW. Think about that. Not good enough for BJW. Or like Voodoo Murders rejects. Like you're not even as good as Rene Dupree, that's how fucked you are. This one dude is like old and does karate and gets like a teeny tiny pop but it dies immediately.
ClbXpvI.gif

Zaku hits a nice little uppercut. That's about the only memorable thing in this match. And that's a stretch. Jonah Rock doing superkicks and shit looks so fucking bad. Jonah Rock wins with the most midcard WWE superstar finisher ever. Boring.

Hajime Ohara, Kenou & Kitamiya vs Quiet Storm, Hirayanagi & Saito
I like exactly 2 people in this match. I mean, Quiet Storm is funny, but he needs to stick with wrestling other loser mini hosses like Jonah Rock. I might hate Saito more than Jonah Rock. IDK. Kitamiya looks like he needs to be punched in the face. Can't believe cool guy Ohara and cool guy Kenou hang out with this dweeb.
MwtRfTo.jpg

Hirayanagi did make me laugh. He came out last for his team and even looked like, 'how the fuck did I get stuck with these losers in my team?'
24fUraw.gif

Does this mother fucker not know he's a heel? All the cool kids love Kenou & Ohara because they're better than all the faces. Hirayanagi makes fun of Kitamiya at the start. Good. Fuck that dweeb. Hirayanagi eggs on Kitamiya to attack Saito, and he does. They start the match off.
EAs8cQP.gif

Saito's trashbag pants empower him with the aiblity to lariat young dweebs. Ohara and Kenou run in and do some cheating(the guy who was just patting kids on the head in his entrance). It eventually backfires and Kitamiya takes the worst looking claw/chokeslam I've ever seen. Kenou & Ohara are some of the most effective cheaters I've ever seen. They like plot out when they're running interference and always keep the ref distracted.

Violent Army has control for a good while before Hirayanagi performs a ball-clutch backdrop(not a joke). The world's largest midget Quiet Storm enters the ring for the first time and gives Kitamiya a nice suplex as well as a nice northern lights suplex. Kenou goes to cane Quiet Storm with the kendo stick but hits Ohara with it accidentally instead. That spot happens a lot. I think they do it just because Ohara's selling of it. The fans cheering for Kenou caneing Quiet Storm. How weird. Kenou misses again and hits Kitamiya. Left alone, Kenou gets a ballgonscrew for his troubles.
ytOZt97.gif

Kitamiya takes a beating.
2A1s7AJ.gif

Quiet Storm nails Kitamiya with a lariat and gets the pin. Kitamiya is clearly there to make sure Ohara and Kenou keep their heat. This match went better than I expected it to given the parties involved. I mostly blame that on Kenou and Ohara. It was no 5 star match, but the crowd really loved the parts with Kenou & Ohara in the ring. Despite being heels, it's very clear they're two of NOAH's most beloved young talents.

Obviously there's a whole lot more, but I'm far more tired than I thought I would be, so it'll have to come tomorrow.

Alucard

Banned
Holy shit, the crowd absolutely lost their shit when Hideo Itami teased the GTS on The Ascension. Biggest pop on this special so far. Really hope they give Itami a real shot and don't just make him look like a wimp who gets his ass beat.

Alucard

Banned
Amazing is definitely an accurate way to describe that match. The crowd was really getting tired out prior to it and that match definitely woke us all up.

Sounds like fun. How did Itami look? How were the tapings overall? Don't feel the need to smother them in praise just because it's NXT, brah.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Really enjoyed that NOAH write up Dada West. Quiet Storm is like 5'6", kills me.

Alucard

Banned
Unpopular opinion time...

Okay, this is only my second exposure to Sasha Banks, but she is cheesy as fuck. Already has the acting ability of a typical main roster Diva. Cameron, Brie, Sasha...take your pick, friends. I know she has a lot of fans on here, but just based on two instant reactions, she doesn't seem all that special as a character. Charlotte on the other hand, is the real deal.

Unpopular opinion time...

Okay, this is only my second exposure to Sasha Banks, but she is cheesy as fuck. Already has the acting ability of a typical main roster Diva. Cameron, Brie, Sasha...take your pick, friends. I know she has a lot of fans on here, but just based on two instant reactions, she doesn't seem all that special as a character. Charlotte on the other hand, is the real deal.

To me, the difference is that she actually has the wrestling ability and intensity in the ring to pull of the character she is playing. She doesn't just talk about being a badass, she goes out and shows it. With a character like Cameron or Brie, it's just laughable because they talk big then go in the ring and have no idea what to do. The character needs to always carry the swagger and intensity, and with Sasha it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom