• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't suspend my disbelief enough to accept someone as small as Seth Rollins as a credible threat to guys like John Cena, Brock Lesnar, and Roman Reigns. When he's standing in the ring face to face with Ziggy? Sure, I'd buy that.

There's a reason why Rollins is always flanked on either side by two 5'5" dudes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching Vader vs Barbarian and not only did people like Vader(the heel) but when Harley gets barred from ringside, there's two young kids in camera view yelling 'HARLEY HARLEY HARLEY!'

kiguel182

NXT had another great episode as always but special mention to Owens vs Neville. What a match. They didn't pull any punches. Amazing stuff.

Also, why the hell is Rhino at NXT? Weird as hell. But old talent that puts over new guys is great so kudos to that.

But again, Owens vs Neville. Great stuff.

dream

The pop Rhino received was hilarious. It reminds me of how hardcore ECW fans would be like fuck wwf were hardcore we have Shane Douglas then go nuts when a real star like Brutus the Barber Beefcake showed up.

Plus, he talks like Louie Spicolli, bean breath.
When he isn't consistently tripping over his lines. Rollins is learning to cut a promo the same way Roman Reigns learned how to swim, you get thrown in the deep end and its either sink or swim. Funny how internet fans are more forgiving of Rollins' mistakes than they are of Reigns'.

Sephzilla

wait, wtf happened to FootballGAF?

RhgFFfP.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just remember these simple rules and we're all fine:

1. Take moderation questions to PMs with mods
2. The end

Not too bad. It's one thing to ask "Damn why was _____ berried" but don't question the hows or whys. It's worth following this one simple rule to make sure we keep our home.

dream

When he isn't consistently tripping over his lines. Rollins is learning to cut a promo the same way Roman Reigns learned how to swim, you get thrown in the deep end and its either sink or swim. Funny how internet fans are more forgiving of Rollins' mistakes than they are of Reigns'.
I offered a theory before wrestlinggaf bullied me the other night, bean breath. In Seth Rollins we have someone who wrestles like Billy Kidman and talks like Louie Spicolli. Yet all of our friends revere him as if he was a member of the bullet club. I think the only possible explanation for this is that they like the pictures, not the wrestler.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just remember these simple rules and we're all fine:

1. Take moderation questions to PMs with mods
2. The end

Not too bad. It's one thing to ask "Damn why was _____ berried" but don't question the hows or whys. It's worth following this one simple rule to make sure we keep our home.
And yet you're all 'who can't wait for stro's return'?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
captain of the ship complained about another member's perceived weak ban. perm'd.

ONE other person posted this
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=152770205

and the entire thead got nuked from orbit.

rip the fallen

Here's a very reasonable quote from Evilore that explains it pretty well:

Look, community threads form friendships and contrast heavily to the giant mass of anonymity in gaming and off-topic. So when someone from a community thread gets banned, in the thread or elsewhere, you're going to be frustrated or upset. Totally understandable and only human.

The moderators, though, can't care about this in any way or they won't be able to moderate the site effectively. NeoGAF's rules are pretty clear about this sort of thing. If you have administrative complaints, take them private. Period. This thread is for discussing football. You can chat around and do whatever's reasonable as long as it's welcoming to newcomers, civil (insofar as is possible with football subculture...), and stays relatively on target.

Community threads do not have different rules than the site at large. You can't do whatever you want here. You will be banned. No one's stifling your capacity for free speech by banning you from NeoGAF. The internet is a very, very large place with lots of available options. Go somewhere else or make your own forum or whatever your preference (don't advertise it on-site).

While you're here, you have to follow the rules.

Scottify

I caught my first episode of Lucha Underground after I watched NXT last night. I really enjoyed it. I dug the whole soap opera feel around matches and stories. I also really liked Matt Striker on commentary.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I caught my first episode of Lucha Underground after I watched NXT last night. I really enjoyed it. I dug the whole soap opera feel around matches and stories. I also really liked Matt Striker on commentary.

"Match rolls on"

I get kind of tired with that. Besides that, I agree with everything else. It's a wrestlenovela.

Kaladin

captain of the ship complained about another member's perceived weak ban. perm'd.

ONE other person posted this
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=152770205

and the entire thead got nuked from orbit.

rip the fallen

Damn.....WrassleGaf has never got that bad over a ban.

Only thing that would cause something like that is if we crossed a line with Midnight WrassleGaf. But you could argue even that fits in with wrasslin subculture.

imBask

Banned
quit talking about it or we'll get nuked too and we'll have to create a new secret club called "SportsEntertainmentGaf"

Sephzilla

quit talking about it or we'll get nuked too and we'll have to create a new secret club called "SportsEntertainmentGaf"

meh, we arent questioning mod decisions or anything like that so i think we're in the clear. in fact our most recent close to home wellness violation (stro) was something most of us agreed with

Aiii

So not worth it
Damn.....WrassleGaf has never got that bad over a ban.

Only thing that would cause something like that is if we crossed a line with Midnight WrassleGaf. But you could argue even that fits in with wrasslin subculture.

Most of the time when one of us gets banned, we totally deserve it.

Own up and shut up, we take our bans like a #boss and rise above, like John Cena would.

scabro

Here's a very reasonable quote from Evilore that explains it pretty well:
and i understand that.

but im scared to offer a reply to it in regards to the nuking footballgaf scenario where seemingly only 2 people were really guilty of that, because i dont want to be responsible for the rock bottoming of this entire subforum, ya heard?

but what is done is done. i hespect that.

i can only hope Reigns triumphs over daniel bryan to raise my lowered spirits.

I offered a theory before wrestlinggaf bullied me the other night, bean breath. In Seth Rollins we have someone who wrestles like Billy Kidman and talks like Louie Spicolli. Yet all of our friends revere him as if he was a member of the bullet club. I think the only possible explanation for this is that they like the pictures, not the wrestler.
As hard as it is for me to believe that, when you have people here giving him pet names like "Seth-kun", I suppose it's plausible.

Also whenever Rollins does anything notable or controversial, you'll sometimes see people refer to "Tumblr Girls".

"Oh, I wonder how the Tumblr girls are going to take this?"

"Tumblr girls must be going crazy right now"

I think that's some type of coded language, whether it's conscious or not, where they project their own feelings in a safe and non-judgemental way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom