• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five Gears of War Characters:

5. Tai Kaliso - It was dope to have an islander dude style in this game. Seeing him bite it was depressing.
T90Tp92.jpg

4. Hoffman - What a dick. Obviously so many games go for a R Lee Ermey type guy, this one actually nails it. Only other dude who comes close (and is infinitely more abrasive) is that one dude in Bulletstorm.
kEjETd6.jpg

3. Michael Barrick - dude had a dope-ass hair cape, kept a cigar in his mouth the ENTIRE time you play as him, and had a fun story that you enjoyed. Great dude.
43vtd0f.jpg

2. Bernie - Even with my complaints about how they portrayed her in 3, she's still dope as fuck. Unique look, too.
NjshXuL.png

1. Marcus Fenix - Soul patch. Voice. Everything. Best. And how long has it been since you had a protagonist that was actually someone you liked wholeheartedly?
wsQUzlz.jpg

Messier75

Neo Member
Nope, they never really did. Great campaigns, and Marcus Fenix is probably one of the best dudes of all time just because his voice is incredibly good and the shit he says is great. For my money, the only other person who yells "GOD...DAMMIT!" as good is Vince McMahon.

I may or may not say AWWWW COME ON!! like a jammed reload when the situation calls for it to this very day.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sid Vicious
+Great look
+Only knew a couple moves. Not a great wrestler but did those couple of moves really well.
+Stupid nonsensical promos

Roman Reigns
+Great look(not really)
+Only knew a couple moves. Not a great wrestler but did those couple of moves really well.
+Stupid nonsensical promos

The only difference is that Sid got cheered when he was in the rumble and Roman got booed.

And Sid is more endearing and more physically imposing than this 'reality era giant.'

Never played Judgement. I did dig all the other Gear games though. A lot.

Gears 1 was probably one of the best experiences I had last gen. It was one of those "holy shit am I really playing this?" moments.
It's not bad, not as lackluster as what the general consensus says. It's mostly one continuous horde mode sequence one after another which I don't really mind. It's missing some of the big kablooey sequences from the mainline games.

I watched CHIKARA's debut show from 2002 (The Renaissance Dawns), but it was a 'remaster' from 2010 with retrospective commentary from Mike Quackenbush and Bryce, it was really fun to watch and pretty insightful.
They give out a lot of credit to local indie guys who helped them get to their feet, yet also in turn seemingly shit on plenty of people who have let them down over the years too.

The wrestling is the greatest, but nearly all the wrestlers are making their debut so that can be forgiven. I forgot how 'cool' Blind Rage was though. The whole 'East Coast v Mid-West' (Quack, Montoya & Youth v Punk, Hero & Cobana) feud that they launch with is strange in hindsight, as it's not what we'd come to know as 'CHIKARA' - it's a straight forward feud for a start! Also there's some not-so family friendly lines. Also ECW's 'Hat Guy' is in the crowd, and acts like he's the most over person in the building.

Sephzilla

Oh man, FootballGAF got nuked from orbit :( I'm glad/I hope WrassleGAF isn't viewed in a negative light by the mods.

Anyways, do you think we'll see Balor vs Owens before Zayn gets a rematch?

Oh man, FootballGAF got nuked from orbit :( I'm glad/I hope WrassleGAF isn't viewed in a negative light by the mods.

FootballGAF has had it coming for years, they're 'banter' goes too far and people get upset. It's why I stopped posting there as it used to just be people calling each other cunts for not supporting the same team. I guess the Chelsea incident tipped people over the edge.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

No worries. Just follow the rules, take moderation complaints to PMs, and we are fine. We aren't actually hostile but we can always do better, so let's make an active effort to be more inclusive to others. We don't want to lose our home.

FootballGAF has had it coming for years, they're 'banter' goes too far and people get upset. It's why I stopped posting there as it used to just be people calling each other cunts for not supporting the same team. I guess the Chelsea incident tipped people over the edge.
Oh, that football.

I have to say I love NeoGAF around review time. It's like watching the same cycle repeat over and over again. If a game gets favorable reviews you see people trumpeting games journalism and their scores. If a game gets bad reviews you have people saying they never cared for review sites and their scores at all.

Just great entertainment. I'm going to be reading this thing for hours.

Sephzilla

I have to say I love NeoGAF around review time. It's like watching the same cycle repeat over and over again. If a game gets favorable reviews you see people trumpeting games journalism and their scores. If a game gets bad reviews you have people saying they never cared for review sites and their scores at all.

Just great entertainment. I'm going to be reading this thing for hours.

eat
sleep
conquer
repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom