• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dragon's Gate is fine if all you like is moves, moves, moves, and good looking Japanese men.

Yes. It's funny, I don't like most indie style wrestling, but those trained by my hero Ultimo Dragon for whatever reason just does it for me.

Anyways it's insane to say AJPW today is better than any other promotion in Japan. Maybe Wrestle-1.

He stopped the match because Cena was no longer able to compete. If this was NXT that's what they'd say. But WWE doesn't care about clear cut rules

The records show that Cena lost via submission, which is a #fact
When you lose via submission, it means you gave up, which is a #fact
Cena is a quitter, which is now a...wait for it...

djgtu52.gif

Dragon's Gate is fine if all you like is moves, moves, moves, and good looking Japanese men.

I find DG to be a lot of fun for the tag wrestling and the faction shenanigans, if you like that sort of style you can't go wrong with their tag matches, but when applied to the singles matches it's often a stretch too far for me. Especially with Hulk as the top guy having 25+ minute main events on every big show.

Gonzalez

Banned
Look guys I know you are all upset about what happened, but just remember that Reigns still needs to carry the ball, and there is always a plan B if he can't carry it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just only like one person in Dragon Gate.
tumblr_njfu58h7nd1rp89yqo1_500.gif

and I desperately need to see this when it's uploaded.
tumblr_inline_njm906DsmW1qhf2de.jpg

and I don't consider Wrestle-1 even a promotion, so I can't compare it to AJPW. Someone mentions wrestle-1, and I just make the jerk off motion.

If AJPW had a great match, it would get posted. Because it would stand out amongst a card full of really old dudes(more like senile old men than grumpy), kensou(aka the dude from WWE that kayfabe beat his wife and was awful THEN and is in a dancing gimmick now), Akebono(who I like but let's be honest here), Go who is slightly less enthused than Marufuji and more. Most of AJPW's notable matches either involve Suwama, Freelancers and dudes from DDT. One of the best matches I saw in AJPW last year was a goofy comedy tag with Masanobu Fuchi & Soma Takao vs. Masao Inoue & SUSHI. Don't know any of them other than Inoue? Don't be surprised.

and a tag match with Kotaro Suzuki & Kento Miayahara (who are good) vs Irie and Ishii(not that one) from DDT. Who are good also but are comedy wrestlers.

I worry about the King's Road style for people who like it because it's just barely around these days. Pretty much Go, Morishima, Suwama, Akiyama(sort of), and a few others. Marufuji attempts a pale imitation of it.

I enjoy Santa Maria./

AJPW's pretty much only watchable via Dailymotion, they have a subscription based service but it's Japanese only.

He's a very dedicated NOAH fan, been uploading matches for years now.

Gotcha. Are the main/PPV level shows posted on Dailymotion? I could be wrong, but it looks like the smaller/house shows and that is it.

RP912

Banned
The only fed I'm actually doing my hardest to follow is NJPW. I wish there was a streaming service that'll put every single indy/international promotion on it for 15.99 a month or something because I want variety in my life.

Lucha Underground escapes me and NXT is NXT.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Atsushi Aoki vs Kotaro Suzuki was on AJPW's last card though bootay. I don't know if you've seen it or not. It's on my list. Long one.

Carnby

"There was an audiogaf"
"I don't think the Bella cancer comment was fun and playful my mom got cancer"

Something about legit shook and I think he called Hayes a cunt.

It was Stro. It had to be.

I would have never expected Stro's voice to sound like a little boy.

I should get back into AAW. Really enjoyed their shows last year.

They have a tv show on their YouTube channel

http://youtu.be/q6YYoQDdO4o

Also their next event looks dope

AAW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Eddie Kingston vs Davey Richards

TLC Match
Zero Gavity vs The Hooligans

Jimmy Jacobs vs Ethan Page

Ricochet vs Josh Alexander

Silas Young vs Matt Cage

The AAW Debut of Allysin Kay

Plus:
AAW Tag Team Champions: Dan Lawrence/Markus Crane
Justice Jones w/Knight Wagner & Angelus Lane

Atsushi Aoki vs Kotaro Suzuki was on AJPW's last card though bootay. I don't know if you've seen it or not. It's on my list. Long one.

Nice, I'll definitely add that to my backlog. I'm lagging behind with my puro watching, barely watched any DDT or AJPW this year.

Oh god, Go vs Zeus. You couldn't pay me to watch that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nice, I'll definitely add that to my backlog. I'm lagging behind with my puro watching, barely watched any DDT or AJPW this year.

Oh god, Go vs Zeus. You couldn't pay me to watch that.

I like Zeus for exactly 5 minutes.
mEShFX8.gif

He's another guy who I imagine Sunny would love.

Hayato wasn't on the last Zero-1 show which has me worried. It's possible he had booking issues. Obviously Zero-1's not great drawing, but if I was him, I'd still prioritize it over having to wrestle old man Hakushi in M-Pro.

DominoKid

You're all missing an underrated part of tonight

MITB: Lost
Battleground: Lost by forfeit
Summerslam: Lost
No match at NOC
HIAC: Lost by ghost attack
Survivor Series: Lost by DQ
TLC: Lost by TV attack
Rumble: Lost
Fast Lane: Lost by DQ

Ambrose is now 0-8 in PPV singles matches

This is one of the guys Vince praised in the Austin podcast

good lord.

I find DG to be a lot of fun for the tag wrestling and the faction shenanigans, if you like that sort of style you can't go wrong with their tag matches, but when applied to the singles matches it's often a stretch too far for me. Especially with Hulk as the top guy having 25+ minute main events on every big show.

DG's stories are weirdly paced. All the faction switching just seems random and meaningless, so it's hard to invest in DG's storytelling.

Sephzilla

No match at NOC

Jesus

Heroman

Banned

No match at NOC

Yet he is way over than roman regin, the dude who he going to main event wm. Vince is a fuckin idot.

Kaladin

I don't know how to feel about tonight......that was a great match with Roman and Bryan, sure.....but....seriously? They expect us to believe Roman Reigns can do it alone after Seth Rollins and John Cena couldn't beat Brock Lesnar together?

I'm not buying it friends. Believe in Mr. Heyman when he tells you the winner will be the loser.

They set Roman up to fall.

God King Brock will reign supreme.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also Nanae Takahashi is getting surgery done so she's going to be out for a while. So between that, everyone awesome retiring, and #YoshikoGate, I have zero reason to watch that promotion anymore.
tumblr_nan35vOLdY1r7d08vo3_400.gif

Besides Kairi and Hiroyo. Kairi is so fucking smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom