• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Federal judge grants stay on Trump ban for people who landed in U.S. with valid visas

Status
Not open for further replies.
And from now on, Bannon is going to lawyer the fuck up before holding a pen to write another executive order.

Get ready, because while the humiliation may taste sweet, the worst is probably yet to come.

He'll have far more ground to stand on when they start deporting the Latino population.

Oh, he'll fight it. We'll see on full display the complete disregard he has for how our government actually works. I mean, we were 3/4 there already.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
This is only the beginning.

THEY WILL FIGHT TO REINSTATE IT ASAP.

KEEP DONATING TO ACLU

FUCK TRUMP'S FASCIST FUCKING ADMINISTRATION.

CazTGG

If this goes to the Supreme Court, what's the likely outcome, assuming this happens with Bryor on the court?

Zips

Good. The courts are the only section of the United States government that seems to have an actual head on its shoulders.

Xe4

Banned
Good. No doubt this is going to the Supreme court. I really hope Kennedy does the right thing, cause he (and perhaps Roberts) are going to be the ones deciding.

I'm broke right now (rent and all), but will see about donating to the ACLU asap.

So like now that the Stay has been called and people will be let through, what happens when the White House gets rid of the Stay? Are they gonna round up the people let through and kick them out?

slit

I'm sure he'll try something.
I don't think Trump is the type accept losing.

Bottom line is he can't do anything while the stay is in place. Of course he'll challenge it and we'll see what happens because it can be overturned but until the court rules otherwise he can't do shit.

Nydius

I'm bracing for the inevitable deluge of right wing outcry calling for the ousting of "activist judges" who "legislate from the bench" and all other such nonsense they spouted over the last 8 years whenever a court decision didn't go their way.

Ms.Galaxy

Resist and fight, people. Never stop until that citrus colored fascist is out of that chair.

This is the first of many victories, we shall not surrender or fall. Our voices were heard, our protests were seen, and they acted upon it. Never let anyone tell you that protesting doesn't work, for today we seen it did work.

Thinking of donating to ACLU and I'm not even from the US or living there. I just want this government vanished from the face of the earth.

BowieZ

Banned
13437305_1711771159090214_114104789_n.jpg

Judiciary thankfully doing its job checking and balancing the fuck out of this shit.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
My heart is breaking at the fact that this shit could even happen in the first place. The world is watching America with disgust. Literally 6 months ago someone asked me if I had ever been at a protest and I laughed at them. Now I want to protest this bullshit administration every day until everyone responsible is held accountable.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is this real/actually in effect? Not seeing it on any of the big sites, just stories about people unable to come home still.

It is. It just happened, it's going to take a little bit to come down the grapevine. People being detained are probably still in for a rough couple hours. But this is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom