• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Federal judge grants stay on Trump ban for people who landed in U.S. with valid visas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

Oh my god. To be a fly on the wall in the white house tonight. Oh you know that Cheeto faced bastard has to be just going off. I would love to see the fit he is throwing right now.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
8lgSW6s.gif

Why are ya'll so happy? We all know that protesting doesn't work. Trump is just trying to appease his stakeholders like any businessman would!

Woorloog

Banned
Bottom line is he can't do anything while the stay is in place. Of course he'll challenge it and we'll see what happens because it can be overturned but until the court rules otherwise he can't do anything.
As long as Trump is in power, i'm going to assume the worst about everything he does or meddles with.
I really don't think he will give up. He is too fucked up a person for that, and Bannon is even worse and most certainly not helping things.

kaskade

Shit man, if I lived in a major city that had protests like these I would be there every time one showed up against trump. Good work people.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Though this is only the first of many fights to come, this is incredibly heartening to see. This is real democracy in action.

Get fucked Trump, I truly hope you sob into your pillow tonight.

Ac30

Good. No doubt this is going to the Supreme court. I really hope Kennedy does the right thing, cause he (and perhaps Roberts) are going to be the ones deciding.

I'm broke right now (rent and all), but will see about donating to the ACLU asap.

They're old stock Republicans with lifetime appointments. The court will easily swing 6-2 if not 7-1. They couldn't give a damn what Trump's base thinks and I'd bet most despise him.

All, please donate to the ACLU. I just did right now - takes less than a minute. If you can't make the protests, then please consider donating what you can.

slit

As long as Trump is in power, i'm going to assume the worst about everything he does or meddles with.
I really don't think he will give up. He is too fucked up a person for that, and Bannon is even worse and most certainly not helping things.

Him not giving up and going against court rulings are two different things.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
If I'm reading it right it only applies to those being held. It's still in effect.

edit: post above. seems to be the case.

X-Frame

Absolutely amazing news that something like this was able to happen so quickly. Just donated to the ACLU for the first time and it won't be the last.

Zaph

I suspect this will be a trend for Trump's EOs when they reach the court, and Trump's team will then look for ways to strip them of power.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Activist traitor judges going against POTUS need to be #lockedup
/s of course, just wondering what the GOP spin gonna be

Well fuck.

But I mean... what happens to future arrivants then? They'll get detained again, and then the court order will order them freed, rinse repeat? I'm confused.

I fucking love all those protesters, the ACLU, John Lewis, all those folks. It's people and groups like that which are the only silver-lining in all of this.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Tom Namako ‏@TomNamako

Judge asked if people would suffer irreparable harm if sent back to dangerous places. Govt essentially didn't have an answer

WetWaffle

I sincerely hope the American people don't forget what the Trump administration just tried to do. This whole event and the ones before it needs to be burned in their minds when they vote in the midterms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom