• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez |OT| Vita/PS3/PS4

Carl

you can pick up blocks?? I was stuck in a room with little tetris symbols, desperately trying to get them to line up. Eventually gave up and googled it, and it turns out you can pick blocks up. I don't remember the game ever telling you that?

It seems to tell me things AFTER i've already worked them out. Like, it took me a few minutes to work out how to use the bolt crank things. Next room i went into, it told me how to use them. Fucking stupid game :p

CassSept

Man, I can't get into this game. It feels like a casual-like game to me. I neven been able to like these types of games regardless of how good everyone say they are. Just aint my taste.

Fez is like the complete opposite of casual games. The game gets devilish later on. It's more hardcore than 90% of hardcore games on the market.

Number45

Played some more of this at lunch and it's starting to make MUCH more sense (managed to find an
anti-cube
). I also have no fucking idea how to navigate the world. :p

Cool game. The map doesn't make sense yet but I've finished a few "levels" and am enjoying wandering around and finding things. Playing mostly on Vita but cross-buy/save was a great idea.

RaikuHebi

Banned
double tap screen

Cheers.

Cool game. The map doesn't make sense yet but I've finished a few "levels" and am enjoying wandering around and finding things. Playing mostly on Vita but cross-buy/save was a great idea.

Once you comprehend the map you'll realise that navigating it to understand how you get from one part to the other is part of the game's fun :).

And yes this is my first experience of cross-save and it is fucking beautiful. I might end up buying cross-save games just for the novelty of this feature haha.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I finished my first play through. Even though I got this game on the launch days on Xbox 360 and PC, I haven't bothered to actually play Fez until now on the PS4. This is easily one of the best, most refreshing, and technically and artistically sound games I've played in ages, or at least since Puppeteer.

This game was made by people who really love games and are truly inspired by them. It was made by people who have had a fondness for gaming their entire lives. You can just tell. The puzzles and level design are both engaging and thought provoking while the art and music are simplistically whimsical and soothing.

This is everything I want from a game. I want to escape. I want to get lost and explore. The head scratching and a ha moments, plus endless smirks and smiles solidifies and proves Fez is one of those truly special games that actually gets it. It encompasses what a game is and how to make it fun and memorable. I would love to make something like this. Not the same game, but one that evokes the same emotions and feelings I get from playing it.

Fez is a real treat. I implore Phil Fish to come to his senses and make Fez 2. If he is really that smart and talented, his drive and sheer urge to create will consume him. No artist or designer should ever deprive themselves of what they love and what they are meant to do. It would be an utter shame if we never see a sequel or at least something new.
This is pretty much how I feel, and couldn't say it better. On top of all of that, I have to say that the beginning (when you get your fez) and the ending of the game had me literally mesmerized and in awe.

I'm about to start working my way through code breaking now.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
RaikuHebi, thanks! Can you also tell me, do I have to connect the dots in some way from some other rooms in the game, or is everything I need to solve that puzzle in the telescope room (or the observatory building area)

-PXG-

I was nervous wreck until I figured out there even was a map. It really isn't all that complicated. It's pretty simple and really organized, like Metroid Prime, kinda.

This is one of those super duper, exceptionally rare games that is basically flawless. I can't complain about anything besides that I wish there was more or a sequel in the works. It's essentially a perfect game. I can't say anything negative that is even worth mentioning

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Something clicked for me tonight and I got a big chunk of cubes. Although still figuring the map out. Wanted to get back to the Tetris blocks room but never seen it again :) will try again tomorrow.

The ? Rooms are a bit confusing, and I have no idea about the code stuff.

AlexIIDX

Ive been playing on vita mostly and I just started it on ps4 and I went to the cross save option and it seems like ive lost a ton of progress....wth!

Almost made a mistake in buying this, was thinking to use my $10 credit that I had sitting on my US account from when I purchased Infamous. Was about to pull the trigger then remembered that the crossplay/save wouldn't work on my Vita as my main account is UK. Grabbed the UK version instead and absolutely loving it.

Bought it in an indie bundle a while ago and never got around to playing it, it's so much more convenient to play now though.

lwRcNdD.png

aro52

Question... (New Game+ spoilers)
First person view is neat and all, but does it help with anything? It doesn't seem to let you move around in that view...

Ive come to the conclusion that i just don't like this game. Ive played it for a bit now, love the art, love the soundtrack, and the atmosphere is great, but the gameplay just irritates me. I enjoy tough games but the second im made do pin point jumps onto rotating platforms that are also rotating the entire scenery and shit..... im out.

mattp

ok so now that i've fully completed the game
what is the alternative to scanning the qr codes? can you actually solve them using info in the game?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
ok so now that i've fully completed the game
what is the alternative to scanning the qr codes? can you actually solve them using info in the game?

At least one of them can be solved alternately

I got excited...then sad. Even my girlfriend likes this game and she doesnt like a lot of them and she asked if there was a sequel. I had to explain that the guy quit and said he'd never make it. She's kind of lost enthusiasm for Fez now, so fuck you Phil Fish. :(

About 90 minutes in I was struggling with a puzzle where you use a
bomb to blow up blocks and then rotate the screen to allow the destruction to continue
. It's kind of clicked since then and I'm making good progress now. It's such a clever game; reminds me of Braid.

Number45

Man, the only thing stopping me from getting any further in this game is not being able to work out how (relatively easily) to get from one place to another. >_<

wouwie

Finished the first 100% with 22 yellow and 10 blue cubes. I had a fantastic time playing and look forward to the next 100%. The game is wonderful and GOTY material.

I used crossplay and played on PS4 and Vita but i was wondering: is the first person mode available on Vita?

Number45

OK, I need a pointer. I'm pretty sure I need to affect the flow of water somewhere but I can't work out where - any information would be appreciated. Just the room it needs to be done in would be a start (
is it the one with the crying face?
).

Once I have a starting point it'll take me long enough to find it anyway. :p

Top Bottom