• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez |OT| Vita/PS3/PS4

Afrodium

Banned
Is there cross save between PS3 and PS4 versions? I'm planning on picking up a PS4 in the coming weeks so I'm wondering if I should hold off on starting this game until then.

StuBurns

Banned
I think I might have broken the game... Don't highlight unless you know Fez's NG+ abilities pretty well...

In the sewers, I flew up high on top of a structure, now I'm too high to get down without dying, and I don't think I can fix it.

Any ideas?

NM, fixed.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I think I might have broken the game... Don't highlight unless you know Fez's NG+ abilities pretty well...

In the sewers, I flew up high on top of a structure, now I'm too high to get down without dying, and I don't think I can fix it.

Any ideas?

NM, fixed.

flying?

First off, love the game.
Haven't seen a single spoiler or hint for this game (success!)
Played through the first time, got to the ending. New game.

Kinda worried though I haven't figured out the codes or language or whatever.
I'm dumb. :( I've tried, drawing the designs I find on a couple of sheets of paper.
Just haven't pieced it together, worried I might not be able to.

Any subtle hints one can give? (Do I even want a subtle hint?)
Not knowing what all these symbols mean is frustrating me.

Crispy75

First off, love the game.
Haven't seen a single spoiler or hint for this game (success!)
Played through the first time, got to the ending. New game.

Kinda worried though I haven't figured out the codes or language or whatever.
I'm dumb. :( I've tried, drawing the designs I find on a couple of sheets of paper.
Just haven't pieced it together, worried I might not be able to.

Any subtle hints one can give? (Do I even want a subtle hint?)
Not knowing what all these symbols mean is frustrating me.

Mild non-specific spoilers I suppose if you're being ultra strict:
There are three systems of symbols in the game. The first is explicitly taught to you in a certain room. The second is implicitly taught to you in another room. The third is like the second, but is for counting.

StuBurns

Banned
(NG+ only)
press up 4x then jump. if you get into a "death by falling" animation, hold jump and you'll survive the fall
Normally that works fine, but for some reason I couldn't get it to work there, so I just closed the game and launched it again, and Gomez just appears at the door you used to enter instead of your last safe platform like with respawning.

Mild non-specific spoilers I suppose if you're being ultra strict:
There are three systems of symbols in the game. The first is explicitly taught to you in a certain room. The second is implicitly taught to you in another room. The third is like the second, but is for counting.

Ok thank you.

blacksnakeball

Neo Member
I started the game on PS4 and am loving it. Decided to try the vita version. Just updated my vita with new OS update and then had to download Fez. When i start cross-save session there is no option to continue my ps4 game. Is there any way to move my save from PS4 to vita now? Am 2 hours in and don't want to start over although loved that opening.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Just grabbed it on Vita. Liking it so far. So I should be able when I go home tonight download it free on my ps4? My progress will continue?

Carl

Kind of annoying that it doesn't automatically select the cross-save slot. Just realised after 10 mins of play that i wasn't on that slot so have to start again to use cross-save? Good thing i noticed when i did.

RaikuHebi

Banned
One of the puzzle solutions was Kojima-esque!!!
I just downloaded a QR Code reader app on my iPhone in order to scan the game screen and get the button combination required to unlock the room's anti-cube.

This game is a piece of holy text, such is the magic it beholds! Utterly blissfull experience.

Oh and let me just take the time to say. Dat music. Dat fucking, sombre, philosophical, emotionally-charged music. I want to ponder the universe as I listen to it. Sagan would be proud.

I started the game on PS4 and am loving it. Decided to try the vita version. Just updated my vita with new OS update and then had to download Fez. When i start cross-save session there is no option to continue my ps4 game. Is there any way to move my save from PS4 to vita now? Am 2 hours in and don't want to start over although loved that opening.

If it's anything like other games with cross-save built into it you have to manually push the save into the cloud on the ps4 version for it to appear on other platforms.

RaikuHebi

Banned

I've run into this issue as well. What I do is manually copy the Cross-Save file to the Local Save slot on the Vita and then load that. Then when I'm done I copy the local save to the Cross-Save slot.

However I'm pretty sure there was one occasion where it worked perfectly and continue showed up.

vid

Regarding the understanding of languages:

I worked out the standard alphabet, but have no concept of how the number system works. The counting cube implies a base six number system to me, but I haven't been able to piece together anything more than that. The glyphs I've found so far don't seem all that helpful without some sort of context that I'm missing. Any advice on working this thing out?

blacksnakeball

Neo Member
If it's anything like other games with cross-save built into it you have to manually push the save into the cloud on the ps4 version for it to appear on other platforms.

I just manually uploaded on the ps4 via the saved data management app. i went in saved data in system storage, found the fez data and uploaded to cloud. I then deleted the fez game file in vita and re-downloaded the game.

The cross save now shows up in both versions of the game but it wants me to start at the beginning in both version. I am 25 percent into the game on my first slave slot on the ps4 version.

I've run into this issue as well. What I do is manually copy the Cross-Save file to the Local Save slot on the Vita and then load that. Then when I'm done I copy the local save to the Cross-Save slot.

However I'm pretty sure there was one occasion where it worked perfectly and continue showed up.

Not sure how to copy files within a game on vita - especially Fez. Can you be more specific cause i think this is the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Just beat the game!

It was a really lovely expereince, and liked the diversity of zones and puzzles. The ending didn't really make much sense to me but it sure was pretty (and awesome). I'll probably check out New Game+ at some time, but I don't have great motivation to backtrack through all the zones looking for secrets I missed.

Definitely one of the best indie games I've played recently, although I'd still put it below Hotline Miami and Guacamelee in terms of my overall enjoyment.

Crispy75

Regarding the understanding of languages:

I worked out the standard alphabet, but have no concept of how the number system works. The counting cube implies a base six number system to me, but I haven't been able to piece together anything more than that. The glyphs I've found so far don't seem all that helpful without some sort of context that I'm missing. Any advice on working this thing out?

Everything you need to work it out is in
the classroom of the town through the 16-cube door - the one with the purple walls

The cross save now shows up in both versions of the game but it wants me to start at the beginning in both version. I am 25 percent into the game on my first slave slot on the ps4 version.

I have the reverse problem, save file with progress on Vita, cloud save at 0.0% on both PS4 and Vita.

God damn cross-save is a great idea but they need to fucking test this shit. There's no way it shouldn't be seamless as long as you have a network connection when exiting the game on any platform.

vid

Everything you need to work it out is in
the classroom of the town through the 16-cube door - the one with the purple walls

Hm... I've been in there before, clearly I just didn't try hard enough to decipher it. Staring at all of the diagrams right now, maybe something will click this time.

mattp

I have the reverse problem, save file with progress on Vita, cloud save at 0.0% on both PS4 and Vita.

God damn cross-save is a great idea but they need to fucking test this shit. There's no way it shouldn't be seamless as long as you have a network connection when exiting the game on any platform.

ive never had any problems with it on any games
are you signed into psn before launching the game?(no clue if that matters)

blacksnakeball

Neo Member
It's within Fez under the Options Menu. It's all explained cleary on-screen so you shouldn't have any trouble.

OK I do see that now. But still not seeing any options on how to revive my current play through on the PS4. Seems my only option is to start new on the vita. I really thought deleting the game on the vita, uploading a save file to the cloud from the ps4 and then reinstalling the game on the vita would have cleared this up but looks like i may have to start fresh on vita.

There is also the plus tab on the Fez vita loading page. When i click that it gives me an option to upload the Vita save file to the cloud but no options to download the save file from the ps4. I am going to delete the game one more time on the vita and see what happens

RaikuHebi

Banned
Finished the main story. Definitely not done with this beauty though, going all out for every cube.

I'm going to continue my progress on the PS4 tomorrow and enjoy the 3D :D.

So unfortunate Fish left development. He must return, the guy has serious creative talent and our industry is worse off without his output. I deeply hope Fez 2 becomes a reality.

I'n going to give Indie Game Movie a rewatch.

The game clock is fucked up at the end right? No way I put 12 hours in. Unless that time just flew by like that!

Yeah mine was messed up too. After two sessions (that I'm pretty sure weren't much longer than an hour or two each) my timer was at like 7 and a half hours.

Nozem

Finished it, playing NG+.

Seriously amazing game. Phil Fish leaving the gaming industry would be a major loss, the guy's a genius.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Should I not obsess about areas I get stuck at? Fairly early on and there are these blocks at the top of a tower, with tetronimoes on the sides. So I'm thinking I need to arrange them to make those shapes from each direction, but it seems impossible.

DJ88

It's awesome to see so many people finally getting to play this game and finding out how amazing it is, as well as realizing how much respect Phil Fish deserves for making it. Yeah he said some dickish things on twitter, who cares, he made a beautiful game. It sucked seeing him get all the hate from people who never played this and I was really sad when Fez 2 got cancelled.

RaikuHebi

Banned
So without spoilers can someone simply answer how 3D is unlocked. Eg. A certain anti-cube? Or go to a certain place or what?

I've finished the game and see no options, all I got was
first-person mode

StuBurns

Banned
So without spoilers can someone simply answer how 3D is unlocked. Eg. A certain anti-cube? Or go to a certain place or what?

I've finished the game and see no options, all I got was
first-person mode
If it's like the 360 version,
you need to go to NG++ and instead of the sunglasses, you get 3D glasses.

Game is 60fps on the Vita. I'll admit, I had lowered my expectations for this game but I didn't expect it to be this well made. It's a pity Fish had secluded himself from that fiasco.

Top Bottom