• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez |OT| Vita/PS3/PS4

Man has anyone seen the documentary Indie Video Game on Netflix.

It follows the devs for Fez, Super Meat Boy and interview the dev for Braid. As they deal with working with limited resources and releasing their game on time.

Phil's interview was especially disturbing. After listing all the things that had happened to him in his life recently (GF left him, Dad diagnosed with Cancer and beats it but his parents get divorced, etc..) he is asked by one of the interviewers how important this games success is. His answer was basically (paraphrasing from memory) "If I can't finish this game and garner success my career is gone and I will Kill myself. So my motivation for finishing Fez and making it a success is so I don't have to kill myself.?"

He said this with a straight face and everything.
Just saw it recently by chance and loved it. Really get to see the other side. I was sick to my stomach for him when he showed it at Pax East.

Krakn3Dfx

Bought on the 360, then again on the PC.

Triple-dip.jpg

Wait...I just picked it up off the playstation store, and its done downloading, but when I go to start the game it says it can only be started by a user who has a license for it...what gives?

shwimpy

Wait...I just picked it up off the playstation store, and its done downloading, but when I go to start the game it says it can only be started by a user who has a license for it...what gives?
go to settings and restore licenses. really annoying, sony needs to fix it.

bombshell

I'm guessing PS4? Has been a problem with some games, either solve it by re-booting or try the "Restore licences" or whatever option in the Settings on PS4.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Absolutely no slowdowns yet even when the world rotation just happened. Damn it looks sharp as hell on the OLED.

Ridley327

At the start of the game, you have an option of saving to one of three local files (the previous versions had just one, IIRC), or you can create one for cloud-based storage.

Scrawnton

Just bought the game on my phone and told my ps4 to download it. The future is now haha.

This will be my first time playing this game.

zewone

Already bought the game on 360 and Steam, now adding PS4/PS3/Vita for another $9.74.

Why not? Adorable game with some fun puzzles.

go to settings and restore licenses. really annoying, sony needs to fix it.

I'm guessing PS4? Has been a problem with some games, either solve it by re-booting or try the "Restore licences" or whatever option in the Settings on PS4.

Awesome thanks restoring licenses worked. This is my first Sony console since PS2 so im still trying to find out how everything ticks on this side of the console space haha

bombshell

jon_dojah

Banned
Bought. I've been wanting this game for a long time to come to PSN and Vita. Was hard for me to not but the PC version. I havent picked up my Vita in awhile either so this is a happy day!

LiquidMetal14

Is the touchscreen on PS4/Vita used for anything, like...perhaps changing perspectives? Because that would be awesome.

So far it's for swiping to see further away from you like the right analog would do. It's convenient. L1/R1 on Vita rotate and it works flawlessly and smooth without a hitch.

LiquidMetal14

A tiny bit of slowdown during the first level which pans the entirety of the level. Otherwise smooth with no signs of slowdown and most certainly playable. It seems there is just a small bit of slowdown when rotating some parts but I would hardly call it world ending unless someone wants to hyperbolize it :p

It's awesome and I consider this is a near perfect port job. It's 60fps about 98% of the time minus the more zoomed out rotations.

2014-03-25-1429390fumq.jpg

2014-03-25-1434339jubh.jpg

2014-03-25-143732uiu05.jpg

- Vita: 210 MB
- PS3: 181 MB
- PS4: 221 MB

I don't know if it's explained in the game tutorial, but you can use the vita back touchscreen to rotate the word by swiping left and right :)

! Didn't know that. Nice.

Letep

Just bought this. Three versions for under $10 is a super deal.

Never played it, going for PS4 and Vita versions tonight!

Ulme

I'd give some if I could figure out how to enable it. There's no prompt at boot and no option in the settings.

3D mode is enabled in New Game ++, when you receive the red/cyan glasses. For PS3 and PSVita, it will switch to anaglyph 3D, like X360 and PC versions. For PS4, with a 3D tv set, it will switch to real stereoscopic (with option to change to anaglyph)

First time Fez'er here. Been hearing about it for ages. So glad I'll finally be able to get my hands on it.

Plus cross buy + cross save is amazing. No brainer~!

How much moneys?
This game is an extraordinary piece of work and I believe that every platformer fan should have the opportunity to play it

sock

3D mode is enabled in New Game ++, when you receive the red/cyan glasses. For PS3 and PSVita, it will switch to anaglyph 3D, like X360 and PC versions. For PS4, with a 3D tv set, it will switch to real stereoscopic (with option to change to anaglyph)

Ah ha! Thank you.

Damn I wish I didn't have to work this afternoon.

hawk2025

Ahhh, so it's actually a feature built into the game?

I'm ok with this :)

Can you "finish" the game without getting into any of the "my brain wants to explode" puzzles.
Played it on 360 but only got so far because of complete confusion of the map. Want to try it again but don't want to need to jot down pages of notes and visit the internet every 5 minutes.

Top Bottom