• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) World Cup Tournament Thread

AndresON777

shooting blanks
2hr3lsy.gif

2qnshlx.jpg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol you had a good game plan. Didnt know what hit me. Prolly drank too much

Hopefully tse can get it done....you shouldnt have brasil tho that's bs

Alright, I believe I finally fixed my router woes. It was harder than usual because I have my Laptop connected wireless with an ethernet cord running to the 360. Now I can continue my ascension to the top of Group A.

I'll be on tonight after 8pm.

Fifty

That's great.

I don't know if I can play tonight, sneaky. I'll know by 7 eastern. If I can't tonight, I certainly can tomorrow.

sneaky77

Fifty said:
That's great.

I don't know if I can play tonight, sneaky. I'll know by 7 eastern. If I can't tonight, I certainly can tomorrow.

I am out for tomorrow but thats cool, send me a pm

woodchuck

Daigoro said:
so, the Grkazan guy is out?

if so ill remove him from my friend list.

ill be around after 10pm tonight Strike.

yep, fifty replaced him

and great that strike fixed the router problems.

Fifty

Strike or Sneaky, I'll be on XBL for the next hour. Message me and I'll go on FIFA for our games.

Woodchuck: Update the spreadsheet standings! As of now, I don't exist in the OP. We need tension! We need updated standings!

Fifty

I couldn't contend with Ronaldo and Simao's speed. Maybe if I spent half an hour with the custom tactics I could have figured a way to counter his serious speed advantage, but as it stands on default, I just get beat too easily on through balls, and I can't execute them on offense. Now I know what it felt like to play me in season 1 as Man U.

woodchuck

i'll update it later tonight!

if croatia is on "safe", they won't make a lot of runs and you shouldnt be making through balls. and to defend through balls, make sure you dont have the defense set to "offside trap". Portugal and Argentina are really fast, so i'd put it on "cover" to reduce through balls. or maybe play your backline "deep" to reduce the space for the opponent to run on to the ball.

thats how i beat you in the season 1 playoffs :D

Fifty

Well, I went out fighting. I was outmatched, but Croatia are a scrappy bunch.

Portapotty, 6, Croatia 4 (it was really a one goal game, but Ronaldo got his 4th goal of the game in the 90th minute)

I worked my ass off. I think that game aged me by 6 months. So much for me being ready to go to bed. Now my heart rate is fucked.

Port - Quaresma x2 Ronaldox4,

Croatia - Petric x2, Corluka x2 Kovac

woodchuck

ok. i updated the standings and stuff.

Group A all comes down to Argentina vs Croatia.

Argentina with 6 points and -3 GD. Croatia with 3 points and -2 GD. should be tense!

mathematically, Daigoro is eliminated. sorry buddy :(

woodchuck

AstroLad said:
group b is pretty damn close too. technically everyone is in it. lol@your group woodchuck

:(

to exypher and moe joe's credit, they did try to play. it just froze whenever someone scored a goal. really strange

woodchuck

we'll just stick with the format from the mls playoffs. i'll post it when the playoffs draw near for the people who missed out on the mls playoffs

k0ji-wd

Cornballer said:
I'm at work right now. :/ I can normally play from about 5pm-11pm PT on week days, though I'm out tonight. When are you free?

I'll try and be on around 8PM your time tomorrow (today for you i guess)

k0ji-wd

After that clubs game we played last night it reminded me that f we're doing EPL next I might go for Middlesborough. . .for some crazy reason I've been picking them non stop in ranked matches and I've beaten the likes of Barca, Inter, Man United, Arsenal and even Spain comfortably with 3-0, 4-0s' the problem is that pretty much all of my opponents have quit out on me before the games were over (i guess they don't want that record on their EASportsworld page)

Downing + Aliadiere + Tuncay + Alves is the shit :lol

Fifty

woodchuck said:
wtf fifty. did you not play eduardo?!

Uh, he's not a "pure" Croatian, so he has to earn his minutes. This one-named wonder spent 16 years in Brazil. As far as I see it, he'd be on their team if he was good enough. Which he isn't. Because he sucks. Plus, his name makes him sound like a gay hairdresser.
"Eduardo..more mousse please!" "Eduardo..curl the ball like you curl my hair!"

I put him in in game 2, when things got ugly, and he found many ways not to score, even as Robert "I'm a defender, right?" Kovac scored in the 80th minute.

P.S: Sneaky and I should be playing on Wednesday. I was out tonight (Monday) and he's busy on Tuesday.

sneaky77

Fifty said:
Uh, he's not a "pure" Croatian, so he has to earn his minutes. This one-named wonder spent 16 years in Brazil. As far as I see it, he'd be on their team if he was good enough. Which he isn't. Because he sucks. Plus, his name makes him sound like a gay hairdresser.
"Eduardo..more mousse please!" "Eduardo..curl the ball like you curl my hair!"

I put him in in game 2, when things got ugly, and he found many ways not to score, even as Robert "I'm a defender, right?" Kovac scored in the 80th minute.

P.S: Sneaky and I should be playing on Wednesday. I was out tonight (Monday) and he's busy on Tuesday.

yeah Strike and his thru balls to Ronaldo is hard to contend against. I feel your pain lol, he destroyed me the games I played against him.

edit: woodchuck maybe you should include the updated standings in the op image

Daigoro

ah well, i went down fighting. just when i started getting a grasp on how to play this damn game. have fun with the rest of the league all!

striKeVillain! said:
More like Casillas built the brick wall in front of goal. :lol

20 shots FTL. :/

im sure at least half of those 20 shots were crap. took you 100 minutes to score, and then i tied it up a few minutes later.

dont be mad that the worst player in the league held you to a draw after you talked all that shit. :lol

woodchuck said:
we'll just stick with the format from the mls playoffs. i'll post it when the playoffs draw near for the people who missed out on the mls playoffs
So no away goals rule?
k0ji-wd said:
I'll try and be on around 8PM your time tomorrow (today for you i guess)
Sounds good, I'll log on around then and try to track you down.

Daigoro said:
dont be mad that the worst player in the league held you to a draw after you talked all that shit. :lol
I thought I hit the post/bar like 3 times? Maybe I'm just losing it. Ah well, I'll probably lose in the first round of playoffs anyway. :lol

woodchuck

Cornballer said:
So no away goals rule?.

yeah, no away-goals rule since fifa doesnt give an advantage to the home team.

sneaky77 said:
edit: woodchuck maybe you should include the updated standings in the op image

maybe you should shut the fuck up!

(yeah, i'll update the images later today)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
If all goes well, we will have been doing leagues and tournaments from the release of 09 all the way through to 10. Take a bow, gaf
fers who aren't bums

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
If all goes well, we will have been doing leagues and tournaments from the release of 09 all the way through to 10.

I am still enjoying it, I think this is the first time I don't get bored with a fifa game after 3 months in a long time, this tournaments help a lot with that, so thank you for all the work you guys do, also the game is been so much better the last 2 yrs

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Daigoro said:
im sure at least half of those 20 shots were crap. took you 100 minutes to score, and then i tied it up a few minutes later.

holy shit! :lol :lol

I hope cornballer and tse tear each other up tonight.

=)

Top Bottom