• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) World Cup Tournament Thread

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ggs man wacky but fun and damn the goalies were on

Netherlands 2 Russia 1
Shots: 15-5
SOG: 11-5
Van Der Vaart 3'
RVP 23'
Zyranov 28'

woodchuck

updated with everything so far.

major props to the Euros in Group D for completing most of their matches so far. Looks like it's going to be very close between England and Ireland for that last spot. England needs just 1 point (goal differential) to get that crucial 2nd spot. but it won't be easy against NA and Italy.

barring some miracle, it looks like koji will be eliminated. :( at least now you can focus on how to defeat Real Salt Lake in the championship.

if grkazan is MIA, we'll find a replacement soon...may have to postpone the deadline. we'll see.

and as of right now, Arshavin has scored 7 goals in 4 games. THATS MY BOY

ChrisGoldstein said:
Cornballer I guess we're on for tomorrow dude like we planned previously
Yup. I'm headed down to San Jose for the Quakes game, and I won't be back until late tonight. I'll take my ass-whuppings from all of you guys tomorrow.

Fifty

I can take over for Greece. And since they haven't played any games, and this team is still on the market, I'll take Croatia!

woodchuck

Fifty said:
I can take over for Greece. And since they haven't played any games, and this team is still on the market, I'll take Croatia!

Eduardo_521775a.jpg

done!

let's hope the EA servers don't fuck you over again.

Fifty

Sneaky, StrikeVillain, Daigoro

If anyone in group A wants to play their 2 games against me tonight, let me know. I'll be around starting at 8 eastern and I'm not going out tonight..so as long as you give me enough notice in a PM, we can play. Note: I'm sick, so that's the excuse I'll be using when I lose.

Nice to know that even if I lose, I'll be losing to 3 relative veterans.

Fifty said:
I'm cursed :( I'm trying to play Strike Villain, but his router won't let us connect! Arghhh
Yeah, I'm trying to fix my router right now (Linksys WR150N) and I can't find the problem. Stupid piece of shit!

N.A

Banned
Congrats tf53!
Sorry Feral Youth :-(

Italy 1 - 2 England

Scorers:
Toni
Lampard
Owen

Got my own back in the second game though.

Tf53

Toni and Buffon are some of the most overpowered players in the game. Both games were nail-biters before you got some easy goals in the second. I hope someone knocks you out in the first round, I don't know if my nerves can handle facing the epileptic fuckfaces again. I seem to be a bit agitated.

Italy - England 1-2 OT

Toni

Lampard
Owen

England - Italy 1-5

Rooney

Toni 2, Di Natale 3

N.A

Banned
Tf53 said:
Toni and Buffon are some of the most overpowered players in the game. Both games were nail-biters before you got some easy goals in the second. I hope someone knocks you out in the first round, I don't know if my nerves can handle facing the epileptic fuckfaces again. I seem to be a bit agitated.

:lol

England are one of the hardest teams to break down, but as soon as you got Terry sent off it was game over and getting Ferdinand sent off as well was the only reason I scored 5. Rooney is just as overpowered as Toni, I couldn't believe how many times he just sprinted around the outside of my defence.

Tf53

N.A said:
:lol

England are one of the hardest teams to break down, but as soon as you got Terry sent off it was game over and getting Ferdinand sent off as well was the only reason I scored 5. Rooney is just as overpowered as Toni, I couldn't believe how many times he just sprinted around the outside of my defence.
After you scored the 2-1 goal so easily right after the equalizer, the game was over. I tried to fight back for a while, but I was so pissed off that it was really no use. The difference between Rooney and Toni is that Rooney doesn't score with ever shot within 40 meters. Or then it's just the difference between Buffon and James.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It was like--Brazil v. Holland, 60th minute, one fucking goal? Aren't you the same guys from last time? /disconn

AstroLad said:
It was like--Brazil v. Holland, 60th minute, one fucking goal? Aren't you the same guys from last time? /disconn
Pretty much. No one takes the beauty out of the beautiful game like me. :lol

Tf53

woodchuck said:
i was planning on doing

a1 vs b2
c1 vs d2

b1 vs c2
d1 vs a2

that way, each group is represented on both sides of the bracket

Or you could just do

a1 vs b2
c1 vs d2

b1 vs a2
d1 vs c2

That way, it would still be group vs. group, but same group teams are on opposite sides of the bracket.

woodchuck

Tf53 said:
Or you could just do

a1 vs b2
c1 vs d2

b1 vs a2
d1 vs c2

That way, it would still be group vs. group, but same group teams are on opposite sides of the bracket.

yeah, that works too. i'll go with that one just for the symmetry

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
And is it gonna be one and done? Guess I'm getting ahead of myself since we have like half the games left to be played LOL

woodchuck

AstroLad said:
Guess I'm getting ahead of myself since we have like half the games left to be played LOL

:(

what do you guys think? one and done or the Champions League Format?

I'm leaning towards the CL format WITHOUT the away-goals tiebreaker. the away-goals thing is kind of lame in Fifa since there isn't like a noticeable advantage to the home team.

and once again, good job to Group D for already finishing all their games.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm on board with either of those. One and done makes it more World Cuppish but home and home is also fun. Agree on not using away goals.

woodchuck

updated the standings in the spreadsheet.

Italy/England are through in Group D.

Group B is pretty interesting. Mathematically, Holland advanced to the knockout round. The 2nd spot is still up in the air.

Russia with 9 points with GD of 4. Brazil with 6 points with GD of 2 and two games left to play. Should be interesting between Brazil and Mexico. And Mexico can advance if he gets 6 points against Brazil and beats Brazil by 13 goals!

Top Bottom