• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
MarshMellow96 said:
What's micro-pausing?
Every 500ms there is a 30ms pause when playing someone with a bad connection.
It is very annoying and also makes the game take longer.
I try to spot it in the first 5 minutes (ingame time) and quit, because I don't see the fun for either one of us.

Maverick

Man, I'm loving this game online, but I always play as weaker sides (4 stars or less) and playing Real/AC Milan/Chelsea/Barca is a nightmare.

I can completely play the opposition off the pitch but all it takes is two long through balls and a "first touch" to the net from a striker to shred my defense.

I feel like the defender A.I. for the weaker squads is a bit too dumbed down. I understand if they get outrun, but so many times my 71 OVERALL Centre-back will just let a striker have a free header.

Just got 60% possession w/ Palermo against A.C. Milan and still lost 2-0. He had two shots on goal TOTAL, both easily slotted home by Ibrahimovich.

Maverick

Slizz said:
I have crosses going to an unmarked guy in the box and he jus stands there. Doesn't even try to head it hes just like fuck it.

Had a few connection problems yesterday but they've seemed to have cleared up today.

This has been happening to me at least once a game lately. I never had any problems with this "freeze" until about a week ago. It's dumbfounding and always seems to happen when my player has acres of space and an open net to head into.

Weird....

zou

How can I stop the god damn goal keeper from abandoning the goal? I've been losing every fucking game today because that damn fucker thinks he's a field player and goes walking about, even with the ball in my half....

Happening with every team.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
zou said:
How can I stop the god damn goal keeper from abandoning the goal? I've been losing every fucking game today because that damn fucker thinks he's a field player and goes walking about, even with the ball in my half....

Happening with every team.
i dont play much 1v1 anymore but doubletap Y/triangle should keep him in

Tf53

Maverick said:
Man, I'm loving this game online, but I always play as weaker sides (4 stars or less) and playing Real/AC Milan/Chelsea/Barca is a nightmare.

I can completely play the opposition off the pitch but all it takes is two long through balls and a "first touch" to the net from a striker to shred my defense.

I feel like the defender A.I. for the weaker squads is a bit too dumbed down. I understand if they get outrun, but so many times my 71 OVERALL Centre-back will just let a striker have a free header.

Just got 60% possession w/ Palermo against A.C. Milan and still lost 2-0. He had two shots on goal TOTAL, both easily slotted home by Ibrahimovich.
What helped for me was moving the defense as low as possible. Play around with the formation, and try to prevent the through balls. If you see one coming, pull out your keeper before the pass has even happened. This will take care of roughly a third of attempts.

It's not too difficult to create a formation that will remove space from midfield, and after that it gets a lot easier.

Jal

Just downloaded a chants pack ready for mine to be delivered, guess im spending the next two days making playlists. :D

adelante

A whole week till the patch for me. Ah well...gonna beef up my VP in the meantime (gonna try and reach 70% accomplishments!) I really do hope they fixed the post-club match freeze...

Maverick

I just got annihilated 3-0 online.

Drogba is just too much to deal with over 90 minutes.

I've lost like 4 straight now.

Still level 12. What level are you guys?

MMaRsu

Maverick said:
I just got annihilated 3-0 online.

Drogba is just too much to deal with over 90 minutes.

I've lost like 4 straight now.

Still level 12. What level are you guys?

I'll play against you, I'm lvl 11 or 12 as well. You on 360?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'm not very good I think I have 1000 rank points. I'm like right at 21-21-3. Some crap like that. I just can't score, I get plenty of chances but I choke.

Game is so bad ass though

r4z4

:( PS3 FIFA GAF is really inactive. Seriously thinking of picking up a 360 just so I can join the Xbox GAF Pro Club.

r4z4

AstroLad said:
I always try to warn people about this!

Don't have a 360 so didn't have a choice unfortunately. But I'm absolutely loving FIFA this year and would love to be playing Clubs regularly. Will try to pick up a 360 around Christmas now.

Decado

The official forums are filled with rage. There is a 30 page thread of hatred re: the fact that few of the promised changes were made, including the career mode modes.

I'm not going to restard cm until I can confirm (that or I'll just pick up PES11).

Maverick

*full on nerd-rage*

If I outplay Real Madrid off the damn pitch and still lose ONE MORE TIME I'm going to snap this disc in half.

63% possession, outshoot them 14-4 and still lose. It's comical at this point. Just lost 3-2 to a dude who kept giving the ball away to me, but because of St. Iker and his stupid ass through balls, I still lose.

Jesus.

rvy

Banned
Maverick said:
*full on nerd-rage*

If I outplay Real Madrid off the damn pitch and still lose ONE MORE TIME I'm going to snap this disc in half.

63% possession, outshoot them 14-4 and still lose. It's comical at this point. Just lost 3-2 to a dude who kept giving the ball away to me, but because of St. Iker and his stupid ass through balls, I still lose.

Jesus.
Hey, now...

Mourinho2911R_468x318.jpg

MMaRsu

Maverick said:
*full on nerd-rage*

Jesus.

I know it's fucking ridiculous. I don't play against them anymore.

JWong

Banned
Maverick said:
*full on nerd-rage*

Jesus.
Casillas just too good.

Maverick

JWong said:
Casillas just too good.

I don't mind it if he makes incredible saves from free kicks, but when I'm standing 2 inches from his face and I execute a header with full power, there is no way he should stop the ball without giving up a rebound.

He's pretty much unbeatable unless you have the chance to chip him or have an outstanding finisher like Drogba or Rooney, but I hate playing as the big teams.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Maverick said:
I don't mind it if he makes incredible saves from free kicks, but when I'm standing 2 inches from his face and I execute a header with full power, there is no way he should stop the ball without giving up a rebound

He kinda did that today irl :lol

Maverick said:
I don't mind it if he makes incredible saves from free kicks, but when I'm standing 2 inches from his face and I execute a header with full power, there is no way he should stop the ball without giving up a rebound.

xTBbe.gif

Maverick

Yurt said:
He kinda did that today irl :lol

Yeah, but at least he gives up a rebound there, even though it was cleared. In my game, he grabbed it and held on.

The difference between Real and a team like Valencia is just too great.

Tf53

CaptYamato said:
So how can I improve my defense?
Move your back four deep. Have them cover the 18 yard line. Have a defensive midfielder stay back as well. Don't rush the man with the ball, but cover his passing lanes instead. With patience, you'll avoid giving up one-on-one attacks, and most people don't have the skills or patience to deal with a well-disciplined defense.

Edit: I'm in the Real hate club as well. Apparently something has changed in the couple of days I've been gone. Just lost 7-0 with Dinamo Moscow to a lucky bastard who scored from every single opportunity he had. Fortunately he agreed to rematch, and when I was up 2-1 5 minutes before the end, the fucker disconnected. :D Oh well, I'm over the 2000 point line nevertheless.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I dunno why you guys would complain if you choose a 4 star team and lose. I mean they are 4 stars for a reason.

Tf53

Yurt said:
I dunno why you guys would complain if you choose a 4 star team and lose. I mean they are 4 stars for a reason.
It's not as much that we lose, it's how we lose that's irritating. When you outclass your opponent by a mile, it's frustrating to have them score the winner on the single shot that they get.

In effect, the fact that assists and superior players trump skill is a bit annoying at times.

Either way, if I play against a 5-star team with 3,5-star Dinamo Moscow 3 times and only win once, I'm pretty much even in the points department. So I'd say using a lower-ranked team pays off in the end.

JWong

Banned
Tf53 said:
It's not as much that we lose, it's how we lose that's irritating. When you outclass your opponent by a mile, it's frustrating to have them score the winner on the single shot that they get.

In effect, the fact that assists and superior players trump skill is a bit annoying at times.

Either way, if I play against a 5-star team with 3,5-star Dinamo Moscow 3 times and only win once, I'm pretty much even in the points department. So I'd say using a lower-ranked team pays off in the end.
Not really. Statistics like that aren't entirely telling of the outcome. Maybe possession, but shots on goal could just be willy-nilly shooting. The other team could have less shots on goal, but have insane set ups.

The fact is that if the other team has a higher goals-to-shots ratio, the goalie sucks.

Tf53

JWong said:
Not really. Statistics like that aren't entirely telling of the outcome. Maybe possession, but shots on goal could just be willy-nilly shooting. The other team could have less shots on goal, but have insane set ups.

The fact is that if the other team has a higher goals-to-shots ratio, the goalie sucks.
I didn't mention any single statistic. You can outclass an opponent without it being clearly visible in the statistics.

Top Bottom