• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

confuziz

Banned
carvasd said:
Holy f....! 30%!... that's insane... I'm still at 0%, how can you even reach 30%... no wonder if some of you are hating the game...

Mind if I ask... where are you located? what console are you using?

netherlands, ps3, big city, fastest internet available (glass fibre) and using wired internet

good luck with that :D

Slizz

I'm on a cold streak, haven't been able to score like I'm used to. I've dropped like 4 games in a row and its not for a lack of chances. I have crosses going to an unmarked guy in the box and he jus stands there. Doesn't even try to head it hes just like fuck it.

Had a few connection problems yesterday but they've seemed to have cleared up today.

iFootball

confuziz said:
netherlands, ps3, big city, fastest internet available (glass fibre) and using wired internet

good luck with that :D

Interesting... maybe Sony's servers suck in Europe =\ ?

I'm in upstate NY (small city), using the cheapest Cable ISP (2 Megs max?), a PS3 with a wired connection... no issues so far

confuziz

Banned
carvasd said:
Interesting... maybe Sony's servers suck in Europe =\ ?

I'm in upstate NY (small city), using the cheapest Cable ISP (2 Megs max?), a PS3 with a wired connection... no issues so far

Wouldn't they be using the same servers as FIFA 10 though?

Got an invite to the club.

I signed up.

MyName1sMud

is me.

let me know via PM whenever yall are want to play. I'm always down for some pro clubs.

RCM/RW/CAM

iFootball

confuziz said:
Wouldn't they be using the same servers as FIFA 10 though?
god knows...

but as I mentioned before, they most likely update the network code on those every once in while, or every game iteration

Decado

Is there still a patch coming out that will fix all the career mode bugs/fuckups? If so, do we know what they're changing?

confuziz

Banned
carvasd said:
god knows...

but as I mentioned before, they most likely update the network code on those every once in while, or every game iteration

Really hope so, because I love the game and I am pretty good at it :lol

Ultimate Team has been good so far. I'm in the long arduous process of building my team up, since I refuse to purchase players with real money.

And the patch is scheduled for mid-November, and is supposed to address many of the Career Mode bugs.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I'm at 1% DNF and that's because in Germany there is mandatory 24h internet disconnect that I forgot about.

Other than that I'm getting killed by the points system in ranked games.
When I win I get around 60 points, but if I lose, I only lose around 20 points.

That means if I level up into a region I'm not good enough for I will have to lose 3 times again on average until I find an opponent with a similar skill level where I may win.

Am I the only one experiencing the below? I feel like I win much less than I used to in FIFA 10.

Hixx

Fuck you EA.

I had 160MS points spare, so bought a silver and a gold packet on UT. About 5 minutes later up pops that frigging special offer ticket, discounted gold pack AND a whole silver team for 40 ms pts. Tossers, why couldn't they have advertised that all day?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Magicked said:
Anyone tried Ultimate Team yet? I like how it is tied to a web interface now, so you can trade and whatnot while at work. :D

Damn I havnt tried that since they came out with it. May get into UT this weekend see what it's about.

Decado

SmokingBarrelX said:
Ultimate Team has been good so far. I'm in the long arduous process of building my team up, since I refuse to purchase players with real money.

And the patch is scheduled for mid-November, and is supposed to address many of the Career Mode bugs.
YEAH! That's what I came here hoping to read.

I think I'll finish this season then start all over with the patch. All the trouble to acquire young talent wasted (almost no-one improved). The last season or so I just started buying relatively cheap, skilled older players.

2San

Ok have now played Fifa 11. The actual football gameplay is good, but the game is bugged out as fuck. Live matches are pretty much unplayable for me. When I try to play I get matched see the other guy choosing teams, but I can't select mine. When I do get a match it F'ing lags. Then I decide to play virtual pro. So I decide to pick the magical number 10 and choose ManU. The game somehow without warning decides to change Rooney to number 19. While this isn't a bug why the fuck would I want this(this problem is easily fixable though)? That and after every update it fucking decides to put my virtual pro character in the main line up of ManU. Sometimes the names of players suddenly fucking disappear(in team management only way to fix this is reset squads). After that I play UT while this worked without problems(didn't play online though). It fucked up the names of all players this time(so reset squads). While with FIFA10 I only played exhibition with friends, I wanted properly play FIFA11, but fuck that now.

k0ji-wd

holy shit, i've saved 16,000 coins from the last few days of UT and decided to buy 2 premium gold packs and in those two packs I got. . .Villa and Torres. . .:lol

Nice, how'd much UT have you played?

What is your strategy for that mode? I just play with bronze players until I have too many contract cards, and that is when I start saving coins, but I'll only be moving onto silver packs because I can't sustain the gold players. Eventually, the gold packs will come. Maybe I should just skip over silver and save for gold??

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
had some quick exhibition games today and it was the weirdest shit ever.

I'm Man Utd and my pro was there but all the Utd players names had changed to something weird. Like Nani stil had his face and I think the stats were the same but his name was like Navillo Savarro or something dodgy.

All the players had changed names but had the same face!!

I did a squad update and its all fine now, but how the hell does that kind of shit happen??

k0ji-wd

SmokingBarrelX said:
Nice, how'd much UT have you played?

What is your strategy for that mode? I just play with bronze players until I have too many contract cards, and that is when I start saving coins, but I'll only be moving onto silver packs because I can't sustain the gold players. Eventually, the gold packs will come. Maybe I should just skip over silver and save for gold??

Won 3 tournaments, got some bonus coins from the web app, bought some dudes cheap to sell then bought the two gold packs and bam, team saved! :lol

kaizoku said:
had some quick exhibition games today and it was the weirdest shit ever.

I'm Man Utd and my pro was there but all the Utd players names had changed to something weird. Like Nani stil had his face and I think the stats were the same but his name was like Navillo Savarro or something dodgy.

All the players had changed names but had the same face!!

I did a squad update and its all fine now, but how the hell does that kind of shit happen??

I think this is to do with UT, you just need to reset your squads apparently, or download latest squads again

jlevel13

When trying to level up a virtual pro is it better to switch your pro to play different positions or is it better to play out of position to try to level up, or does it matter? Does switching your pro to different positions mess up his overall progress? It is just finishing accomplishments that increases your rank, right?

sneaky77

jlevel13 said:
When trying to level up a virtual pro is it better to switch your pro to play different positions or is it better to play out of position to try to level up, or does it matter? Does switching your pro to different positions mess up his overall progress? It is just finishing accomplishments that increases your rank, right?

certain accomplishments can only obtained if you switch the pro to that position, like defender or striker stuff for example..
Doesn't really mess his progress.. the more you unlock the better overall rating.. although is kinda weird about it sometimes

mokeyjoe

Magicked said:
Anyone tried Ultimate Team yet? I like how it is tied to a web interface now, so you can trade and whatnot while at work. :D

Yeah, never played UT before but I'm loving it. In my opinion this is the game.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
jlevel13 said:

depends how lazy you are. you can be a striker and play in defence to gain defence accomplishments, but it will be harder because you're stats aren't weighted towards defence.

You don't lose any progress by switching around. Just consider it like changing armor in an RPG. I highly recommend it although I do often do midfield stints with my striker loadout, but I wouldn't dream of playing up front as a defender!

kaizoku said:
depends how lazy you are. you can be a striker and play in defence to gain defence accomplishments, but it will be harder because you're stats aren't weighted towards defence.

You don't lose any progress by switching around. Just consider it like changing armor in an RPG. I highly recommend it although I do often do midfield stints with my striker loadout, but I wouldn't dream of playing up front as a defender!

You would need to switch your VPro to be a defender to get the defensive achievements. And it does not mess up your progess overall.

I often use my ST loadout for any position up front, we play a lot of 4-3-3. Usually a CAM for any midfield spot, and then defender when I play back. It is a lot of fun that your VPro has so much flexibility. It is definitely worth spending time boosting all positions.

sneaky77

TheStringTheory said:
It's pretty pathetic how many fucking scrubs online pick Real Madrid in order to cover up for the fact they can't play the game for shit.

yeah, they have like prefered team is already a 5 star team, like Chelsea, or Man Utd, and hten they switch to Madrid anyway.. lol

MMaRsu

Well I almost always play with either Inter or PSV or Holland.

But Inter mostly :p. Since everybody just chooses a 5 star team and most of the time it's Real. So annoying

I like playing with Santos, Hamburg, Aston Villa, Bayern Munich, Olympique Lyon, and Manchester United.

I usually only resort to Manchester United when I'm getting frustrated with the people who choose Real Madrid over and over. It is weird, because Chlesea, Real Madrid, and Barcelona all feel like five and a half star teams compared to the other five star teams.

JWong

Banned
I saw Drogba dribble and knock down his own player, a midfielder, a defender, then score a goal. He didn't even get a foul. :lol

osmosis

Neo Member
Agreed. I would estimate close to half of my "loses" are due to disconnects. Might get a few wins that way as well, but no where near the same amount.

agaru

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/56764.page
FIFA 11 Patch – The Details

First of all, thanks once more for your patience while we’ve taken in all your feedback since the game’s launch. After we received your feedback, the process began to replicate and understand what you were seeing, and then get to work making improvements.

We’re now at the stage of that process where we are able to give you some more detail about what improvements to FIFA 11 you can expect. Sorry we’ve been a bit quiet on this stuff until now, but as you know we can’t really talk about these things until they’re locked down and confirmed.

The patch release dates are November 12th for PS3 and November 17th for Xbox 360.

Also, here’s an overview of the things we’ve done. If you have questions about anything you see here, or want more detail on anything in particular, feel free to post them in this thread and we’ll do our best to answer them.

GAMEPLAY
You’ll now find that the implementation of the offside rule in the game is more accurate, both in terms of when the infringement is called and in terms of player positions when it happens. Occasional strange player positioning at kick-off have also gone away, while shooting from weak volleys has been improved, too. Importantly, so-called ‘micro-pausing’ during gameplay will also be a thing of the past. Overall, your gameplay experience should now be even better.

CAREER MODE
There are a lot of improvements you’ll notice here, which will all further boost the realism of the mode, but in summary: Your match fixtures during the season for cups and leagues, as well as the time of day they all happen, should now be much more realistic. We’ve also improved how accurately player ratings and growth are displayed, as well as making sure the players get the awards they deserve, when they deserve them. Using an odd exploit to secure a whopping $2 billion budget has now gone away, while the emails you receive as a manager will be more appropriate and players you’ve loaned out will now be easier to see and manage.

ONLINE HEAD TO HEAD

Matchmaking will be enhanced, particularly in terms of initially connecting to an opponent, while we’ve removed a couple of exploits that people were using to gain an unfair advantage over their opponents. Also, players will now no longer be able to use Passing Power Assistance in ranked matches.

ONLINE CLUBS
We’ve already made a lot of server-side improvements to the Clubs experience, particularly in terms of matchmaking, match results and progress in Cups. With the game update we’ll be making a range of improvements to stats and league-table presentation, too, as well as improving the camera motion when your player is a long way from the ball.

PRESENTATION
You’ll now find that cut-scenes are improved during substitutions, along with a range of more subtle improvements around of the game.

AUDIO
Creation Centre teams will now benefit from crowd chants, while we’ve improved the custom chants area as well. We’ve also managed to enhance a few audio triggers during gameplay, meaning you’ll get an even better atmosphere as things happen during a match.

CREATION CENTRE

The general performance of the game when it involves teams and players created via the Creation Centre has been improved. Also, you’ll now find that the formations and attributes you set on the web will now transfer more accurately to the console.

FIFA STORE

We’ve made sure that Live Season will be available for multiple users on the same console. Some people who had switched from an inactive XBL account to a Gold Account were having problems seeing the content of the store – we’ve got that covered, too.

KITS
Lincoln City and Montpellier fans, your teams’ kits should now be right on the money.

Football Live Team - EA Canada
@EA_Graoully
11ig56u.gif

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ONLINE CLUBS
We’ve already made a lot of server-side improvements to the Clubs experience, particularly in terms of matchmaking, match results and progress in Cups. With the game update we’ll be making a range of improvements to stats and league-table presentation, too, as well as improving the camera motion when your player is a long way from the ball.

Ooh, sounds pretty nice.

k0ji-wd

ONLINE CLUBS

What about getting rid of the button delay? hmm. . .shit

Decado

Career mode is a big thing, but I was hoping to hear something re: fouls. I find that the AI can practically body check you w/o receiving a foul. Tackling (both AI and player) is also impossibly accurate.

Top Bottom