• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

k0ji-wd

Menelaus said:
Ramen United got their first world ranking today. We are sitting at about 140th in the nation, and 1700th worldwide.

1500 something now :D

For those not part of the Ramen United, check out some clips from our last two days of matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68zWKuRb_4I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-LSwZhqEPE (featuring the most epic game winning GK save ever)

Also, if you'd like to grab this achievement:
1q5286.png

then join us!

Tf53

Scored one of the sweetest goals so far today. Opposing team have a corner, my keeper picks it up. I boot a long kick upfield, and Voronin goes through completely alone. I dribble past the keeper, but take one touch too much, and Vermaelen has a chance to block the shot. He tries to, but chests in into his own net.

I've tried to boot it directly to the striker many a time, but never have I been so alone as the ball lands. Felt really fucking awesome.

You guys got it? Nice job, I wish I could have jumped on with you all, but I had other plans, unfortunately. I'm sure I will get my chance though. Ramen United!!

2San

So just bought FIFA 11 while barely playing FIFA10(it's awesome for when friends come over). So what's the recommend controller settings(passing assists, cross assists, etc.)?

For a relative beginner? I say auto everything but crossing, and set that to semi. When you start feeling very comfortable with that, start changing the other settings gradually and don't be afraid to go back if you feel uncomfortable. I'm on semi everything but manual through ball and lob passes, and I don't think I am going to progress any further, maybe manual passing at some point because sometimes the computer doesn't pick the right person.

iFootball

So I was just prompted by my PS3 to Update FIFA 11 to v1.03... and I can't find any info in EA's forums about it...

...anyone?

Edit: Nevermind! I found the info:

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/31208.page

After months of hard work, the FUT 11 console dev team are happy to bring you the latest iteration of the mode earlier than ever and, for the first time, free of charge! Part of the process for getting the game into your consoles will be a downloadable game update for XBOX 360 users on November 1st, this prepares the game to receive the FUT DLC that will be made available on November 3rd. And PS3 users will be prompted to download an update that contains FUT on 3 November itself (although in some regions it may be available November 2nd). It’s important to note that in both cases the update you download will NOT address any FIFA 11 console issues, it only contains the FUT 11 game mode. Our certification submission with Microsoft and Sony for FUT started prior to FIFA 11’s launch and is a completely separate thing.

- While we don’t have the official date for the FIFA 11 console patch just yet, we can assure you it is coming soon; we’re looking at a mid-November time frame. This update will have many of the fixes you have all asked for. As it happens, we were able to get the patch submitted to Microsoft and Sony just after the FUT 11 update was approved, helping us to streamline that process and avoid any conflict between FUT 11 and FIFA 11 console.

So, Ok.. that's only FIFA UT.... the real good news is that an actual patch should come sometime in November :D

adelante

I believe that update is to prepare the game for the upcoming Ultimate Team addon? We'll be getting a proper patch sometime in mid-November.

EA_Graoully said:
Hi everyone,

First of all, we’d like to thank you all for your continued patience while we work on the latter stages of the FIFA 11 XBOX 360 and PS3 patch release. We’d like to update you about that, as well as share some information regarding an upcoming update for the FIFA 11 Ultimate Team downloadable mode.

- After months of hard work, the FUT 11 console dev team are happy to bring you the latest iteration of the mode earlier than ever and, for the first time, free of charge! Part of the process for getting the game into your consoles will be a downloadable game update for XBOX 360 users on November 1st, this prepares the game to receive the FUT DLC that will be made available on November 3rd. And PS3 users will be prompted to download an update that contains FUT on 3 November itself (although in some regions it may be available November 2nd). It’s important to note that in both cases the update you download will NOT address any FIFA 11 console issues, it only contains the FUT 11 game mode. Our certification submission with Microsoft and Sony for FUT started prior to FIFA 11’s launch and is a completely separate thing.

- While we don’t have the official date for the FIFA 11 console patch just yet, we can assure you it is coming soon; we’re looking at a mid-November time frame. This update will have many of the fixes you have all asked for. As it happens, we were able to get the patch submitted to Microsoft and Sony just after the FUT 11 update was approved, helping us to streamline that process and avoid any conflict between FUT 11 and FIFA 11 console.

Any questions, let us know!
Football Live Team - EA Canada
@EA_Graoully

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/31208.page

Edit: Ahh beaten :D

MMaRsu

leng jai said:
How on earth is Inter 4.5 stars?

How the hell are the second place from world cup 2010 only 4 stars?

Or are the netherlands 4.5 stars?

Anyway, no reason they shouldn't be 5 stars.

2San

SmokingBarrelX said:
For a relative beginner? I say auto everything but crossing, and set that to semi. When you start feeling very comfortable with that, start changing the other settings gradually and don't be afraid to go back if you feel uncomfortable. I'm on semi everything but manual through ball and lob passes, and I don't think I am going to progress any further, maybe manual passing at some point because sometimes the computer doesn't pick the right person.
All right thanks.

Well i just got fired due to starting the season with 8-1-1 record... THE FUCK IS THIS. I was still alive in the champions cup and league cup plus playing on legendary. A rival club offered me a job so when the fixture against my old team comes around i am going to go fucking hulk.

On another note i'm playing on PS3 and the load times in career mode are really long. Between games i have to wait at the calendar for 2-3 minutes every time, and if an email comes through there is another 20 seconds of loading, makes me rage at times. It is also really lame that if you get an email saying a player is becoming tired, it's like a 90% chance they will go down injured the next game.

leng jai

Fix The Scientist said:
Well i just got fired due to starting the season with 8-1-1 record... THE FUCK IS THIS. I was still alive in the champions cup and league cup plus playing on legendary. A rival club offered me a job so when the fixture against my old team comes around i am going to go fucking hulk.

On another note i'm playing on PS3 and the load times in career mode are really long. Between games i have to wait at the calendar for 2-3 minutes every time, and if an email comes through there is another 20 seconds of loading, makes me rage at times. It is also really lame that if you get an email saying a player is becoming tired, it's like a 90% chance they will go down injured the next game.

Career mode is a farce, I gave up on that shit weeks ago.

Slizz

SmokingBarrelX said:
I had trouble adjusting when I tried it, maybe I will attempt again, but I have no problems with semi. Do ground and low crosses work with manual?
Exactly where your LS is pointed is where the cross is going to go, low and ground alike.

confuziz

Banned
So is the disconnecting problem solved yet?

I'm not playing it anymore untill a patch has solved it. Hate getting disconnected while leading 5-0 and still lose it because of that. Never had any problems with fifa 10..

confuziz said:

I'm not playing it anymore untill a patch has solved it. Hate getting disconnected while leading 5-0 and still lose it because of that. Never had any problems with fifa 10..

I've never had that problem. The only disconnects I ever get is because of the shitty router my internet provider gave me.

MMaRsu

confuziz said:

I don't think it's fixed. Either that or people are quitting on me too much.

You got a 360? We could play :)

iFootball

confuziz said:

I've never been disconnected from a game (0% ftw!)... a lot of people have quit on me, but I always get the win... not sure if your ISP, or home network is acting up on you... I'm in a PS3 btw...

I just think is unfair to put the blame on the Developer =\

confuziz

Banned
carvasd said:
I've never been disconnected from a game (0% ftw!)... a lot of people have quit on me, but I always get the win... not sure if your ISP, or home network is acting up on you... I'm in a PS3 btw...

Unfair while i NEVER had any problems with fifa 10? I didn't change anything to my internet or PS3 and 1 in 3 times i keep getting disconnected for no reason, while the internet on my PC is still active.

of the 15 games i lost, 9 of them is because of disconnecting. I'm seriously not playing online anymore because of that

MMaRsu

carvasd said:

Are you shitting me dude Fifa11 is worse than Fifa10 in terms of connections, overall look of the menu's and the slowness.

And you're in a Ps3 hmm that's interesting how's it like in there? :p

iFootball

confuziz said:
Unfair while i NEVER had any problems with fifa 10? I didn't change anything to my internet or PS3 and 1 in 3 times i keep getting disconnected for no reason, while the internet on my PC is still active.

of the 15 games i lost, 9 of them is because of disconnecting. I'm seriously not playing online anymore because of that

I get what you're saying, but... there are people who have no issues, who play the same game, on the same console-type, who connect t the same PSN infrastructure... to me this says that the issue is probably in your side... maybe not at your home, maybe your ISP...

I would agree that maybe, EA changed their Network code and now it is less forgiving with shitty connections, and it just cuts them out... but who's to blame? =\... tough topic...

iFootball

MMaRsu said:
..And you're in a Ps3 hmm that's interesting how's it like in there? :p
duh...

It's AWEEEESOME :D

MMaRsu said:
..Are you shitting me dude Fifa11 is worse than Fifa10 in terms of connections, overall look of the menu's and the slowness.
I dunno... maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe EA/Sony servers are right next door and I haven't noticed =\... I just don't see it... even in Virtual Pro games, I've only had a game where I noticied a bit of lag

k0ji-wd

wow, played some UT11 and there's two really significant changes:

There's no more '5 minute quit' option, even if they quit at 00:01, it counts as a loss for them, but not a win for you (though you still get the credits)

Even if your opponent quits you can still view the match highlights up until that point (woooooooooo)

sneaky77

can someone explain to me what the pt of Ultimate team is,. or what it is? I thought it was some sort of card collecting game

The one thing that I think PES has always done better than FIFA: it made you feel like you won something.

Even if it was some random guy giving you a nameless trophy, it was a pay-off. Don't get me wrong I love FIFA, but a bit of confetti doesn't quite cut it for me. It was really put into perspective after the last game of the season, when I apparently said something along the lines of 'string a few more of these and we'll be on track'. I was unbeaten that season...

Then again, I played a few seasons on Michael Owen's WLS 1999 and all you got was a 'well done' (delivered by the man himself) and a screen with 'Champions: Liverpool' on it. Why am I surprised by it any more...

Menelaus

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Are you shitting me dude Fifa11 is worse than Fifa10 in terms of connections, overall look of the menu's and the slowness.

And you're in a Ps3 hmm that's interesting how's it like in there? :p
Nah dude, it's just you.

Kozak

Banned
confuziz said:

Maybe I'm not reading this right but you lose because of disconnections?

That isn't EA's fault, that's your internet dude. If you disconnect and lose its you, if you disconnect and win, it's the other guy.

Joe said:
what is "clubs"? i don't have xbox live and don't play online

Clubs are a way for a group of players to play together, each at a designated position. We usually get about six people, and have two strikers playing up front, with a few midfielders and one or two defenders. We each need to play our position, and it is a very fun and social way to play FIFA.

Can someone describe this for me? How much does the game involve skill in playing? Is it better than PES? I'm really tempted to pick it up (my last soccer game was Sensible Soccer), esp. since it's good to get games such like that early in their annual lifecycle.

Hixx

God this game can be great. 0-1 down to Spurs as SAFC, Benty slides home the equalizer in the 90th minute online. In extra-time he went 2-1 up with a fucking corker of a header from Crouch but in the very last minute of extra time, the pace of Wellbeck got in behind, squared it to Campbell... about 20 yards out, keeper off his line, finesse shot... I thought it was going over but it just dipped in! Brilliant. Soft git wouldn't play penalties tho :/

confuziz

Banned
Kozak said:
Maybe I'm not reading this right but you lose because of disconnections?

That isn't EA's fault, that's your internet dude. If you disconnect and lose its you, if you disconnect and win, it's the other guy.

Sure dude, whatever floats your boat.

valeo

I'm disconnecting a lot as well - there are also a lot of sync issues that happen when you sub players on. Happens maybe 1 out of 3 games where you lose sync with the other player

Have about a 30% disconnect or something - frustrating, especially when i'm leading most of the time

sneaky77

valeo said:
I'm disconnecting a lot as well - there are also a lot of sync issues that happen when you sub players on. Happens maybe 1 out of 3 games where you lose sync with the other player

Have about a 30% disconnect or something - frustrating, especially when i'm leading most of the time

I haven't had no where near any of those issues... every so often I get kicked out from EA servers.. but 30%? thats brutal.. and probably has more to do than just the EA servers.

confuziz

Banned
valeo said:

See!! I knew it wasn't just me. I asked some of my friends and they have it too! So why do some people have it and some don't? Questions questions..

iFootball

valeo said:

Holy f....! 30%!... that's insane... I'm still at 0%, how can you even reach 30%... no wonder if some of you are hating the game...

Mind if I ask... where are you located? what console are you using?

Top Bottom